Metropolitan was neither a town nor a village, but an area. There was at one time in the late 1860's a Temperance Hall and a post office located on Concession 8 of Blanshard Township, Lot s 13 & 14. The name Metropolitan was given to the post office and mail was delivered there bi weekly to be picked up/sent by the area farmers. The location is about one & a quarter miles South of Woodham & two and one half miles East.
Abt 7 miles to St.Marys.
Also on concession 8 at lot 22 (about one and one half miles South of Meytropolitan) was the McIntyre's Methodist Church built circa 1864/65. This church closed in the mid 1880's. there is no evidence of a church there today, but the cemetery is still there. All the surviving stones have been placed on one cement pad. Many other stones have been lost or buried.