Search for content in message boards

Guertin and Pomainville

Replies: 2

Guertin and Pomainville

Posted: 1011836314000
Classification: Query
Surnames: L'Heureux, Guertin, Pomainville
I am new at this, but would like to trace my mothers' tree back as far as possible. Her full (maiden) name was Jeanne Eve Guertin. She was born on Aug. 22nd, 1910 in Limoges, Ontario Canada. Her fathers name was Alexander Guertin and her mother's name was Lea Pomainville. Her mother (Lea) died giving birth to twins ( a boy and a girl). The boy died but the girl survived. My mothers sister was named Antoinette. She and my mother were placed in a convent and raised by the Gray Nuns (since their dad had to work). Antoinette was eventually adopted. My mother remained at the convent and met her husband to be (my dad) Ernest V. L'Heureux at a friends home (Rene and Ernestine Couvillion) in Ottawa, Ontario. They were married at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Montreal, Quebec. They moved to the USA and settled in Detroit, Michigan. Any information you can provide that may help me trace back will be greatly appreciated. I know my mother (Jeanne) had relatives in Cornwall and also possibly Alymer. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LyndaSmith21 1011836314000 
JorJanArmstro... 1054251035000 
pomainville05 1202483439000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic