Search for content in message boards

Edward Durham Price

Replies: 1

Edward Durham Price

Posted: 1568843859000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Price
I'm looking for any information anyone might have on the parents of Edward Durham Price.

Information passed down in the Price family suggests that this man was born in rural Ontario in 1827 and bought a farm in Woodhouse Township (Broken Front Lot 18) after marrying Diantha Gould. He had 10 children of his own: Hannah, Velma, Walter Edward, Clara, William Caniff, Albert Ernest, George, Erie, Mary (Minnie) and my great-great-great grandfather James Waterford Stewart. I also found an image of Edward's death certificate, which shows that he died of dropsy in March 1880, but it doesn't state his parents' names.

My family records suggest that Edward bought the farm between 1855 and 1861. According to John Earl's Sketch of the County of Norfolk, published in 1857, the property was owned by a William Price, who I imagine may have been Edward's father or an uncle. I've found death certificates for two William Price's in Ontario (both born in England) who would have been the right age, and one was listed as a farmer, but there's no further info that ties them to the family at Woodhouse.

I suspect that Edward was a descendant of Thomas Price, who came up from New Jersey with the United Empire Loyalists, or of one of the brothers that joined him later, but I can't seem to connect them in any way other than they all settled in Woodhouse Township. There is no online record of a birth certificate for any Edward Price around the 1820's, and no census records exist during the time he would have been living with his parents.

The UE title was passed down to my great-Aunt Margaret, but that could have come from Diantha's side of the family, who were also loyalists.

If anyone has further info that can help me with this search, please let me know!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alli Elaine 1568843859000 
barbdale_1 1569194886000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic