I am looking for any info about a fellow named Jimmy Campbell, my great-great-great grandfather.
What I know about him:
- Married (or had children with, at least) a Katzie woman named Lexamiya.
- Had daughter named Jeannie/Jennie Campbell
- Jennie was born around 1863 and died in 1944.
- Another family member has Jennie’s birth place written down as “Saanetsalh Reserve, Pitt River, British Columbia”
- Jimmy and Lexamiya are said to have had other children (I don’t know their names) but when he left Lexamiya, he may have taken the light skinned children with him.
- Jimmy possibly left to New York
- Jennie and her mother also had ties to Cowichan
I would love to find family members who may also descend from Jimmy Campbell.
Jennie had two children with Basil Paul of Quamichan and three children with William Thorne of Cowichan. I managed to find records of her when searching Jennie Thorne but don’t have anything about her birth or her parents.