Search for content in message boards

Hosna/Sevcik/Blazek from Cichov, Radimov

Replies: 12

Re: Hosna/Sevcik/Blazek from Cichov, Radimov

Posted: 1336574277000
Classification: Query
Hello David!
This is amazing. Thank you so much for all of the work on our behalf. We do have the copy of Anna's marriage record from St. John Nepomuk and I wasn't too worried about the Joannis as this was often used here by that priest as a formal name, even if father went by 2nd name (ie Josef) and I wasn't able to make out the village clearly. I also understand your previous comment about the birthdates...but although 1879 has been written for both, I believe one is either 1878 or 1880 instead, but haven't figured out which! Possible that one or the other lied about age...it was usually the woman. The records that you found in Ounuz are so interesting, esp with the repetition of Frantisek, Anna and Josef, since this was such a strong naming tradition in the family (and is still today!). I will continue to look at this as well as trying to get in touch w/some possible distant relatives in Berwyn, IL that may have more concrete information. (We have not had contact w/them in over 20 years.)
Again, Frank and I appreciate the time and effort you've put forth to help us solve our mystery. If you ever need any records in our area, I'll be happy to obtain them for you!
Mary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
madaheth195 1336574277000 
labald 1336576436000 
madaheth195 1446933088000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic