Search for content in message boards

Marriage in CA 1863- Nickolas ENDICH and Lucy VIZOLICH, both from of Sclavonia, Austria

Replies: 11

Re: Slawonien or Ragusa?

Posted: 1236545231000
Classification: Query
Robert

Still confusing to me. Using typical US sequence hierarchy of jurisdictions; city, county, state, country, I would interpret Cattero, Risano, Austria, Slavonia meaning Slavonia was large entity than Austria which I assume is not the case. Assume Risano is same as in this old photo:

http://www.ushistoricalarchive.com/photochroms/3171.html

I think I mentioned before that I had a 3 week quick brush with the Habsburg legacy, a week each in Prague, Budapest and Vienna. Always try to read up ahead of these trips to get some feel for what I'm going to see. In this case I think it would have taken about a year of intensive reads to even start to get an appreciation of events; primarily came away with a "Boy, what a turbulent time!"
One of the most interesting sites, which I just happened across because it wasn't highly advertised, was the military museum in Vienna. Really got an appreciation of the varied cultures when you saw the military uniforms which were hardly "uniform". Also is the home of THE CAR.

Got to get back to taxes.

Regards

Vern D
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
danderup 1236545231000 
Robert Jerin 1236546418000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic