Search for content in message boards

Searching Parishes of Beidendorf,Butzow,Lusssow,Plate,Prestin & Wattmannshagen

Replies: 45

Re: Searching Parishes of Beidendorf,Butzow,Lusssow,Plate,Prestin & Wattmannshagen

Posted: 1187133734000
Classification: Query
Not sure if you are waiting for someone to hand you the family data or not, but after 8 years on this board I would suggest another avenue, because probability and statistical odds of running into someone researching this exact family are not good I think. And of course there are so many better and more successful means available to you right now. No more waiting!!!

Since you seem to know the town(s) already, why not just order the microfilm for the parishes that are affiliated with these towns and look up the information for yourself. This region of Germany has wonderfully complete church records that are available through the LDS Family History Center system throughout the US and the world, and for just $6 per roll, you can look at the film for 5 weeks.

Of course the records will be written in German, so you may need to get some helps like a good german genealogical dictionary and a help sheet with the writing styles that you will encounter in these film, but with lots of time and patience, almost everyone can work their way through these records.

The other route of course is to hire someone to do the research for you, and that elminates any obstacles between what you are looking for and having the actual information.
If you need any assistance in how to go about ordering film at your local FHC or want to know more about researchers that can do this for you, email me off board and I would be happy to give you some pointers.

Good luck and hope your wait for information on your Mecklenburg ancestors is at an end.

Robert Albert
Robert_Albert_Jr@prodigy.net

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Verna McDowell 952084800000 
Dawn2585 961588800000 
1335512 1187047757000 
daleedwardshe... 1187127136000 
RobAlbert63 1187133734000 
VMMcDowell 1187473072000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic