Search for content in message boards

Schaefer and Koch Families

Replies: 0

Schaefer and Koch Families

Posted: 1567801348000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1568117422000
Surnames: Schaefer and Koch
I would like to find someone with access to Dringenberg and Schmechten records. I have two families I'm looking for information on.

1st Family
My 4th great grandfather, Casper Schaefer or Schäfers. His grave stone in Fond du Lac, WI lists his birth date as 20 July 1807. The passenger list arriving in New York on 28 Aug 1854 lists his place of origin as Dringenberg. His son, my 3rd great grandfather August Schaefer, was born 26 MAR 1846 or 1845. Casper married Maria Theresia Tenfel or Duvel on 22 Feb 1840 in Dringenberg. Casper and Theresa had 5 more children: Ferdinand, Charles, Casper, Frank, and Victoria. All born in Dringenberg. I would like confirmations on all the dates and names and if the ancestors can be found. Casper may have also had a sister named, Josephine, who married Anton Vogt. Their children born in Dringenberg would be: Edward, Josephine, Mary, August, Bernard and Joseph. They moved to Wisconsin in 1851 and is possibly why Casper moved to Wisconsin.

2nd Family is a little more confusing
My 3rd great grandmother, Luvina J. Koch, was born 15 AUG 1849. The passenger list arriving in New York on 29 Aug 1851 lists her place of origin as Schmechten. On the passenger list was her mother Theresa Krawinkel born about 1824, Maria born about 1834, August born about 1828, William born about 1833, and Frances born about 1845. Her father, William Tracy Koch, born about 1800 arrived the next spring in New York on 6 Apr 1852. William's (b1833) death record has his parents as Conrad and Christine Koch. Frances's (b1845) death record has her parents as William Koch and Christine Erlick. I think they were siblings and cousins to Luvina. But that's just speculation because of the records I've found in the US. Not sure where August and Maria fit in, because I haven't been able to follow them in the US. There was a daughter, Gertrude, born in Wisconsin in 1853, who was on the censuses with William and Theresa but her death record lists her parents as Henry Koch and Theresa Bauch. All the other siblings death records were listing William's wife's last name as Krawinkel as I listed above. And Williams name was listed as William Tracy Koch in Luvina's husbands biography in Fond du Lac County, WI. Luvina's husband being August Schaefer from above. They married in WI though. So anyone who can find the records and sort this family out for me, would be greatly appreciated. It looks to me like there's a possibility of at least 3 families here some how related to each other.

Both families Schaefer & Koch were Catholic.

Find a board about a specific topic