Search for content in message boards

German Ancestry mainly from DASEBURG, Westphalia? Baer/Bahr, Wiegard, Berckemeyer, Brauthaupt, Wasmodt, Grewen, Peine/Peinen, Menne, Oelrich and Waldorf

Replies: 1

Re: German Ancestry mainly from DASEBURG, Westphalia? Baer/Bahr, Wiegard, Berckemeyer, Brauthaupt, Wasmodt, Grewen, Peine/Peinen, Menne, Oelrich and Waldorf

Posted: 1512517322000
Classification: Query
For #1, just figured out that the parents of Carl Sander are Jacob and Johanna Sander(can't find them prior to the passenger list; Johanna came with the 7 kids and I believe Jacob came over before them as on one of the immigration forms it was stated that they were travelling to husband Jacob Sander so I'm assuming it was his paperwork that got messed up and they just followed suit). Actual immigration for Johanna and the kids was 1892 and Carl is listed as being born in February 1887 on the 1900 census and his draft card. Johanna and Jacob are listed as parents to Carl Sander in his marriage to Elisabeth Wiegard. So far I can't find any of them on birth or marriage records in Germany though. Johanna's maiden name listed with the children's marriages, etc. is spelled differently every time I've found it (Broomshouse, Braunshause, Bremmhousen, Brannhausen, Brownhouser, Buewnhouser, Drownhouser, Braanhausen). Jacob and Johanna are both listed as being born in 1854. Hope this helps!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mel 1044486495000 
Carl Sanders 1512517322000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic