Search for content in message boards

Another general question...

Replies: 35

Re: Villages on the Manifest

Posted: 1366385868000
Classification: Query
Well I've struck out in nearly all the direct versions on the village Sedlice, so I looked closer at the transcript and villages, and like Mary Levesque had noticed, nearly every Bohemian village is not spelled right, either in Czech or German. I took the ones that I could find though, Neusattel and Mlaka and found both to be common near Trebon. I did attempt to find some of these names listed on the transcript, hoping another researcher is in the same area, but I didn't come up with much.

When I searched in these archives, I did find strong evidence of the surname Simic (Simek) in the archives of both Neusattel (Novosedly) and Mlaka. So close, as to think I had found them at first, as I found 2 close births to the children I was looking for. I am going to concentrate my search for now in the Trebon area in those parishes in and around those villages at first, then gradually move away. To move the search quickly, I am simply looking for the birth of the last Czech born child Josephine (Josefa), who was born about a year before they left, as the name is less common than Franz or Marie. If I can match child & parents, then I can expand backwards the search.

Might be just a coincidence that I found the surname near where others on the ship are from, but it's the closest I've come yet to finding a clue as to where they came from so I'm going with the hunch for now. Thanks again for all your great help and ideas!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marylevesque2... 1365454881000 
akoppe 1365461057000 
aksamitnik01 1365481921000 
akoppe 1365482280000 
akoppe 1365516815000 
akoppe 1366385868000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic