Just a couple of tips to get information you are seeking;
1) What is her given name? Ellis Island records have listings for 351 females arr (1894-1924) with surname SALAMON!http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/
2) What area of Austria-Hungary is she from? Austro-Hungarian Empire prior to WW I inc. all or part of the modern countries of Austria, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep, Slovak Rep, Romania, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and "Yugoslavia"!
3) That Empire had 12 official languages which means that there were at least 12 ethnic groups recognized by that Empire! Some SALAMANs are listed as Magyar (meaning Hungarian while some are listed as Hebrew. Which ethnic group did she belong to?
4) Where did she settle in the US? (we can only assume she came to the US as you did not mention this)
5) If she immgrated approx. what was the year?
The more info you supply the more likely you are to get a reply! Especially with such a common surname you want to narrow your search down as closely as possible to your SALAMONs as in all likelihood not all SOLAMONS have even a remote connection.