I don;t know if this SUTTON family is related but I;ve just started researching Clogheen in Co.Tipperary:
We've recently found possible connection to Clogheen Parish, Co Waterford (also indexed in Co.Tipperary).
Source: Roots Ireland
Father: Joseph Sutton/Joshua Sutton Mother: Catherine Hamilton
1. Baptism - Sutton, Ann, 26 Oct 1809, Clogheen Parish, Co. Waterford, Roman Catholic; ParentS: Joseph Sutton, Catherine Hamilton
Sponsors: Michael Condon, Margaret Casey
2. Baptism - Sutton, Julia, 15 Jun 1813, Clogheen Parish, Co. Waterford, Roman Catholic; ParentS: Joseph Sutton, Catherine Hamilton
Sponsors: Jacob Fitgerald, Maria Fitzgerald
3. Baptism - Sutton, William, 12 Nov 1817, Address: Ballywilliam, Ballyporeen Parish, Co. Waterford; ParentS: Joseph Sutton, Catherine Hamilton
Sponsors: Rev. Sexton, Ann P Fitzgerald
4. Baptism - Sutton, George, 01 Jun 1820, Address: Ballywilliam, Ballyporeen Parish,, Co. Tipperary; ParentS: Joshua Sutton, Catherine Hamilton
Sponsors: Edward Burk & Margaret Corbon, Patrick Burk & Margaret SUTTON.
I am trying to connect this family to SUTTON line who appeared in Drummondville, Drummond Cty, Quebec in early 1820s from Ireland.
Parents : Joshua SUTTON and Catherine Hamilton. Joshua Sutton born about 1766. Catherine Hamilton born about 1786. Married in Ireland.
Immigrated to Quebec, Canada about 1822. I have some research on the SUTTON family once they appear in Wendover, Drummond Co., Quebec, Canada in 1825 Census.
My research in Quebec suggests their may have been eight children in 1825 in Drummondville.
1. Robert, born ca 1803-05 in Ireland according to later Census responses, married Sarah C. Buckland on 15 Oct. 1829 at St. James CE in Hatley, Stanstead county, Quebec and lived nearby in Barford, Quebec. Robert moved after 1870 to Turner, Maine USA where he died in 1880. He and Sarah had nine children.
2. Mary, married Thomas William BRIDSON, Lumber Merchant, on 12 Aug 1825 at the Sutton farm in Wendover, Drummond County, Quebec. Both are reported decesased on the 8 Sep 1859 date of the marriage of their daughter Eliza to Andrew DUNCAN. Mary and Thomas may have been living in Quebec City when they died.
3. William Hamilton "James" SUTTON,born ca 1818, was married in 1846 in Kingsey, Drummond Co., Quebec, Canada to Mary Abercrombie of the Robert Spence Abercrombie family. He died in Kingsey Falls on 2 May 1861. He had six children several of whom moved to Worcester, Massachusetts and NH. Mary died in nearby Danville, Quebec.
4. Alicia M., born abt 1821 also perhaps in Ireland, married Alexander SCOTT in 1847 at St. Paul CE in Kingsey Falls, Drummond co., Quebec. She died on 11 Apr. 1874 and is buried in Crooker Brook cemetery in Dixville, Stanstead co., Quebec. Alicia and Alexander had five children.
I'd appreciate any advice on how to research this SUTTON family in Clogheen, Ballywilliam, in the 1870s- 1820s.
Waterford, Virginia (USA)
SUTTON Genealogy website: www.sutton.org