Search for content in message boards

searching for Sligo Relatives

Replies: 5

Re: searching for Sligo Relatives

Posted: 1374627921000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gilgan Curran
Hello, you might not read this, but my great-great-grandparents were John Francis Gilgan & Kathleen Curran. My great-grandfather was John Gerard Gilgan. The really weird part is that my grandmother, (John's daughter), actually shares your name, Maureen Gilgan. When I saw your name, I had a little heart attack. My grandmother died before I was born, so your name kind of scared me. She gave birth to my mother, Regina, & to my aunt Theresa & my uncle Jerome.
We barely new anything about our Gilgan family, until my Aunt found my great-granddad's birth certificate. Because of a lot of family drama, we were told that my great-grandfather came to America in 1942, met my great-grandmother Rita, had my grandma, then died in WWII. I later found out that was a lie. My mother was also lied to about her own father, so it didn't surprise us. I found out he died 3 days before my 9th birthday in New York.
I made contact with someone in New Zealand who I am apparently related to through Kathleen Curran. He told me that she was the daughter of Peter Curran & Rose Dolan. You said that she was the daughter of different people, & now I am confused. Since Curran is a common name, I don't really know which couple is actually her parents. You might know more than me, so the person in New Zealand might not even be related to me.
It would be great if you could contact me, Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Maureen Gilgan 973339200000 
P_Babington 977313600000 
mcbridecbd 1243463573000 
ChrissySchhhh 1374627921000 
thelma kempst... 1383110960000 
fitzzy13 1391042478000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic