Search for content in message boards

1st Monaghan Presbyterian church - Wallace family

Replies: 0

1st Monaghan Presbyterian church - Wallace family

Posted: 1558738461000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wallace, Bell, Nesbitt, Gordon
Hello fellow County Monaghan researchers!

Does anyone have access to the baptism records for 1st Monaghan Presbyterian Church or 2nd Monaghan (Ballyalbany) Presbyterian Church?

I am trying to confirm where my third great-grandfather, John Wallace, was baptized. He was born May 22, 1811 and immigrated to America with his cousin William Wallace in 1832. The family was Presbyterian. Family biographies place the cousin William Wallace as being born circa 1801 in Corrawillin, Tehallan parish (spelled Corwilliantown in family notes) so it is assumed that John Wallace was also born nearby.

Another relative of John's, Margaret Jane Wallace, seems to have received a church letter written in 1845 by Rev. John Bleckley (of 1st Monaghan) that said he knew her from infancy. Her date of birth is 1825 to 1831 and I am trying to confirm her baptismal date as well.

Lastly, John had a sister Matilda Wallace, born about 1826, that could be in the same church records.

Were the 1st and 2nd Monaghan Presybterian churches the closest of those faith to the town of Corrawillin in the early 1800's?

Find a board about a specific topic