Please click on Surname List at top of the Co. Leitrim IR Queries website (Genconnect-Rootweb) for queries and other information on these surnames, and please also leave your own information there so other researchers can contact you. Thank you! The LDS (Mormon) Family History Centers have computerized records worldwide, free and open to the general public.
Similar-sounding Co. Leitrim surnames include Skeys, Sixton, Sexton, Skillen, Skeogh, Scalan, Scullion, Scallan, McSkimmen, Miskimon, McSkimminy, Shimming, Stacks, Stocks, Slack, Stich, Slugg, Slacke, Sleavor, Salmon, Sliman, Somons, Sillyman, Soloman, Sleigh, McSloy, Snee, Smee, Snyth, Sloan, Slowey, Slauson, Slice, Slow, Sly, Skeogh, Skuse.
LDS FHC microfiched index:
1. Mary Skea born 01 June 1865 to Pat Skea and Mary Mooney, Lurganboy.
2. Rose Anne Skea born 10 Sept 1867 to Patrick Shea and Mary Mooney, Lurganboy.
3. Francis Skimon born 14 Oct 1864 to John Skimon and Mary McWeney, Drumshanbo.
4. Marriage, John Skellan to Maria Noble, 10 Dec 1857, Drumreilly.
5. Anne Skinnion born 29 Aug 1866 to John Skinnion and Mary McWeney, Drumshanbo, (prob. same couple as #4).
6. Bridget Skinnan born 04 Nov 1865 to Patrick Skinnan and Bridget Conofrey, Ballinamore.
7. Ellen Skinnan born 19 Aug 1868 to Bernard Skinnan and Catherine Winn, Ballinamore.
8. Francis Skinan born 13 June 1866 to Bernard Skinan and Catherin Wynn, Ballinamore (prob. same couple as #7).
It is not unusual for the spelling of names to vary for a couple in their records.
More to follow -