Search for content in message boards

Neligan, Chute & Abbot families, Tralee, Kerry

Replies: 2

Re: Neligan, Chute & Abbot families, Tralee, Kerry

Posted: 1552253066000
Classification: Query
Hi
I am researching the Neligan family of Tralee for a friend , who is presently indisposed and needs some amusement. She is a direct descendant of William John Neligan the solicitor and lives in Edinburgh. Maria Hamilton Abbot was his (William John's) second wife and they were both Catholic. His first wife was Dorothea (mistranscribed at least once as Sarah) Chute,. The Chutes were I think "Protestant Ascendancy" - I am from the island of Ireland so I know a little about the place :) There were progeny of both marriages and the names Chute and Abbot appear as Christian names. A good candidate for the mother of William John is Cherry Chute who married a John Neligan (but another is Charity Freeman - Charity also appears as a Christian name in next generations). Cherry died in 1869 aged 99. My friend is descended through JWilliam John's son Joseph William Neligan M D who married 1876 (1) Gertrude Alice Denny died 1896 and (2) Sarah Linton in 1901. The second marriage was a disaster , they almost divorced but separated in 1903 with Joseph returning to Ireland where he died in 1925. Both he and his father left wills. How may I assist with your research ?

Matt
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pawcards 1205160025000 
Carol Hughes 1522835436000 
mattbankhead1 1552253066000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic