Hello, I am trying to find out more about the Sharpes of Liscarroll, Cork, Ireland and find out what happened to Daniel and Ellen's 11 children and descendents. Also to try and go further back. I am descended from Cornelius Sharpe. His parents were:
Daniel Sharpe b. 1819 Liscarroll Cork Ireland d.30.6.1900 married 1.2.1860 Kilbolane Milford Co Cork to
Ellen Walsh b. 1840 Kilbolane Milford Co Cork.
1. Edward Edmundus b. 1864 Kanturk Co Cork Drowned in UK?
2. William b. 1865 living in Liscarroll in 1911 census.
3. Daniel b.5.12.1865 Milford Possibly emigrated to US.
4. Mary Ellen b.22.3.1868 Milford Possibly came to UK.
5. Margaret b&d 26 Nov 1869 Milford.
6. Margaret b.7.2.1871 Milford Possibly stayed in Ireland.
7. Cornelius b.29.3.1872 Came to UK Killed by train 1919.
8. Patrick Walsh b.27.1.1874 Liscarroll m. to Nora of Co. Kerry lived Castleisland & Ballydesmond. Creamery Manager. Children: Daniel b.1901 Patrick b.1903 Michael b.1905 Kate b.1911.
9. Ellen Bridget (bap.Mary Bridget) b.11.1.1876 Liscarroll.
10. Augusta (bap.Johanna) b.19.8.1877 Liscarroll Possibly went to Hungary and couldn't afford to come back.
11. Adventus b.10.12.1879 at Glenfield.
Family Search gives Daniel Sharpe's (snr)father as George Sharpe. I have a marriage of George Sharpe to Elizabeth Green on 22 June 1774 of Ballyhay, Cork Ireland. I believe Ballyhay to be close to Liscarroll and possibly a link?
For Ellen Walsh I have a post from Mimi giving R.C records from Milford:
Edmund Walsh and Mary Canty parents of:
Ellen Walsh bap.2 Jul 1836.
Catherine Walsh bap.17 Feb 1834.
Edmund Walsh bap 19 Aug 1831.
Bridget Walsh bap. 1 Oct 1828.
Daniel Sharpe was the Clerk to the Justices at Liscarroll.
I would love to hear from anyone with any link to any of the above people who might be able to help me more with my research and tell me anything about them.
I look forward to hearing from you,