Search for content in message boards

Replies: 2

Posted: 1368167352000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hay, Powell
Hello all,

I'm searching for any information on the following people, William Johnston Hay who married Mary Powell 1/1/1865 in nuwara eliya, they had quite a few children William Alexander Hay who ended up in Kuala Lumpur was a famous hunter over there, represented the Burgher community, was a freemason and was one of 5 who represented the Malay states at the coronation of King George V, another son Robert Edwin Hay who came out to Australia and became a police officer, one of his daughters Mary Margaret Aliquot Hay married a James Stewart de Saram, another son Dr George Powell Hay who was Mayor of Kandy for a while, represented the Burgher community, set up many medical practices, had a quite a few children himself, also he was a medical officer on the German ss valdivia expedition ship, was also known as a French and German scholar, went to Ceylon medical school, then to Edinburgh, then to the Royal institute of medical college London. 2 daughters Nora etheline Hay and Nellie constance Hay. What I'm after is information about the parents, one of them was clearly Burgher as all sons were considered Burghers, I don't think it was Mary Powell though as she was considered an industrious Englishwoman. So if anyone can help out please let me know.

Kind regards,
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lucashen 1368167352000 
laura_foenand... 1368442918000 
lucashen 1368443388000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic