Search the Boards

Search Results for "OLSHEFSKI" - 93 Messages

per page

S Olshefski Posted on: 15 Jan 2000, by E Baran

Surnames > Olshefski

I'm sorry to say that you've hit another dead end here. My grandfather died in 1935 when my dad was 8, so I guess couldn't have been your father. We've found he was the last of the famliy in the US, s...

SUDU, Adelia J., 1905-2001 Posted on: 18 Jul 2001, by  Dalice

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > EasternPa

...St. Patrick R.C., White Haven Spouse - John Sudu, died 1964 Father - Albert Perch Mother - Kazmiera Olshefski Undertaker - Lehman, White Haven Place of burial - St. Patrick, White Haven Residence - White Haven...

OLSHEFSKI, Teresa, d. 1995 Posted on: 28 Mar 2002, by  Dalice

From Hazleton PA Standard-Speaker 20 May 1995 Name - Teresa Olshefski Died - Wednesday Place of birth - Wilkes-Barre Place of death - Wilkes-Barre Date of birth - Church - St. Mary Maternity, Wilkes-Barre Sp...

GRALA, Edward "Dubby", 1912-2005 Posted on: 31 Aug 2005, by  Dalice

From Wilkes-Barre PA Times Leader, Aug. 31, 2005 Edward (Dubby) Grala, 93, died at his home on Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005. He was born in Nanticoke on July 9, 1912, to the late Michael and Anna Grala. ...

GRABOWSKI, Paul J., 1954-2005 Posted on: 04 Jul 2005, by  Dalice

...Hospital. Born in Nanticoke, on Dec. 21, 1954, he was a son of Alfred Grabowski of Kingston and Florence (Olshefski) Grabowski of Nanticoke. He was a 1972 graduate of Nanticoke High School. Mr. Grabowski was ...

Re: Greensburg Pa cemetary listing Posted on: 15 Jun 2003, by Richard Olshefski

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Westmoreland

Bovard does not have a cemetery. Majority of Catholics buried at Greensburg Catholic Cemetery. I have some detailed family history from Bovard. What are you looking for?

Joseph Millar,Margaret Brick Posted on: 17 Jan 2001, by sandra olshefski

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > United States > Irish immigrants

GGGGrandparents. Need to find continuing lineage in Ireland. Joseph born 1830, C0,N. Ireland; Margaret born 1820,Tralee,KER, Ireland. Both immigrated circa to Canada and later to Marine City, Michigan...

Irish Ancestors Posted on: 17 Jan 2001, by Sandra Olshefski

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > United States > Irish immigrants

Any info on descendants of Joseph Alexander(Allen)Miller(Millar)Born 1813, Co,N. Ireland;immigrated to Canada in 1830;and Margaret Brick, Born 1820, Tralee,Ker, Ireland;immigrated to Ontario,Canada in...

KEISER, Sophia A. Olshefski, 1916-2006 Posted on: 05 Feb 2006, by  Dalice

From Wilkes-Barre PA Times Leader, Feb. 5, 2006 Sophia A. (nee Olshefski) Keiser, 90 of Blytheburn, a resident of Mountain Top for 60 years, passed peacefully on Thursday. Mrs. Keiser was the wife of George ...

Re: DeFrank Geneology Posted on: 07 May 2006, by  sabram184

Surnames > Defrank

I am curious whether your Fekete/Olshefski families are related to my great-grandparents, Frank Fekete and a Teresa Olscheski (spelled, alas, in any of fifty different ways). Both emigrated from Hungary to C...

DeFrank Geneology Posted on: 12 May 1999, by John DeFrank

Surnames > Defrank

...are, or think you are, related to the DeFrank - Wagner - Bohm - Huey - Harlan - Gardiner - Fekete - Olshefski - Schaefer - Heilers - Buckler - Nevins - Stine - Musgrave - Droll - Rose - Suyak - Esbrandt - Petr...

Re: DeFrank Geneology Posted on: 18 May 2002, by steffanie

Surnames > Defrank

I am the grand daughter of a Chester Olshefski

DeFrank Geneology Posted on: 12 May 1999, by John DeFrank

Surnames > Defrank

...are, or think you are, related to the DeFrank - Wagner - Bohm - Huey - Harlan - Gardiner - Fekete - Olshefski - Schaefer - Heilers - Buckler - Nevins - Stine - Musgrave - Droll - Rose - Suyak - Esbrandt - Petr...

Marx in Milwaukee, WI Posted on: 27 Mar 2000, by Aimee Harrison

Surnames > Marx

...will tell me where in Germany the Marx family is from. Barbara Marx (b. abt 1879) married Friedrich Olshefski in 1901 in Milwaukee. They both worked for the Pabst Family. She as cook, he as chauffeur. She died...

Ancestor Search Posted on: 28 Apr 2000, by Mary Olshefski

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Cork > General

Hi. My name is Mary Rigby Olshefski. I'm looking for information regarding my great grandfather, Jeremiah Nihen who was born in 1846 in Ireland, although I don't know where. Jeremiah married JoHanna Sullivan ...

Re: Augusta Sasse Posted on: 14 Oct 2003, by Sandy Seiwert

Surnames > Sasse

Augusta Sasse had 2 sisters and one brother. Ida Sasse married Julius Olshefski. She was born on November 20, 1867 in Berlin, Germany and died in August of 1926. She lived in Decatur IL. Louis Sasse remain...

Marguerite Miller Posted on: 22 Jan 2001, by Sandra Olshefski

Surnames > Miller

Had ggg aunt who was born in St Clair County, Mich. in 1844. Would like to find out if she ever married and/or had children. If anyone has any general info about other Michigan/Ontario Millers, please...

Ada Miller Posted on: 22 Jan 2001, by Sandra Olshefski

Surnames > Miller

Had a g uncle, Rex Miller whose wife's name was Ada. If this helps, e-mail me at mylake@ airmail.net.

Dobransky Posted on: 30 Apr 2001, by  susiejazz

Surnames > Dobransky

...three other children, John, Mary and Steve. All born in PA. Mary married an Ihnat and Kate married an Olshefski. Anyone can connect to this i'd love to hear from you! Thanks, Susie

Michigan Millers Posted on: 22 Jan 2001, by Sandra C Olshefski

Surnames > Miller

Sarah-have a gg aunt, Marguerite Miller who was born 1844 in Marine City, St Clair County. Contact me if this helps. mylake@airmail.net

Mary Ihnat Posted on: 10 Aug 2004, by  susiejazz

Surnames > Ihnat

...children, Francis, Pringle; Mrs. Thomas Morgans, Plymouth; John, Joppa, MD: a sister Mrs. Catherine Olshefski, Swoyersville; seven grandchildren and nine great grandchildren. Funeral will be from the Baloga Fu...

Re: Looking for Joseph Olshefski of Plymouth Posted on: 01 Jun 2007, by  clfowles

Surnames > Olshefski

I would love to find out more about this family. Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to my hobby. Cynthia Falk Fowles clfowles@roadrunner.com

Re: Eva Olshefski (Olszewski) and Irene Olshefski Posted on: 01 Jun 2007, by  clfowles

Surnames > Olshefski

...Krogulski/Borostowski side of the family. Rumor also had it that Joseph had an older sister, Eva who married an Olshefski. Eva, her husband ?Franz? and a daughter??? came over the year before. All I have for ...

Looking for Joseph Olshefski of Plymouth Posted on: 28 Mar 2007, by  clfowles

Surnames > Olshefski

I have a Joseph Olshefski living at 152 Nesbit Alley, Plymouth Borough in 1930 with a wife, Helen, his mother Eva, and daughter, Irene. Joseph was born abt. 1901 in Pennsylvania. Could have been this county o...

Re: Looking for Joseph Olshefski of Plymouth Posted on: 31 May 2007, by  librarian167

Surnames > Olshefski

I have information regarding Joseph Olshefski of Plymouth Pennsylvania. He was a electrician for the mines and was killed in a mine accident. His daughter IRene was killed in an accident at age 8. Wife Hele...

Re: Eva Olshefski (Olszewski) and Irene Olshefski Posted on: 29 May 2007, by  librarian167

Surnames > Olshefski

I have just found your posts and I believe you are looking for my father, Joseph Olshefski. His mother Eva was a Borostowska. Do you have information on when your greatgrandfather came to the U.S.? My famil...

Re: Eva Olshefski (Olszewski) and Irene Olshefski Posted on: 29 Jan 2007, by  clfowles

Surnames > Olshefski

Found Irene Olshefski on 1930 Census in Plymouth Borough, First Ward, Luzerne, Pennsylvania. Olshefski, Joseph, age 29, born in PA Wife, Helen, age 27, born in PA Daughter, Irene, age 7, born in PA Mother, Eva, age 66...

Re: Eva Olshefski (Olszewski) and Irene Olshefski Posted on: 14 Dec 2007, by  Joeyleclub

Surnames > Olshefski

My name is Joseph A. Olshefski My Parents are from a small coal mining town in PA. Shamokin/Ranshaw. My Fathers name was Theodore Thomas Olshefski He pased away in 2001 at the age of 83. I remember him mentioning an ...

Local Newspaper in Northumberland around mid 1933 to 1940 Posted on: 05 Jan 2008, by  JMOlshefskiJr

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Northumberland

I am trying to find out what newspapers were published in the Mount Carmel & Kulpmount area in 1933, 1936 and 1940 (I am looking for obituaries) and were they would be available to research Microf...

Re: Local Newspaper in Northumberland around mid 1933 to 1940 Posted on: 05 Jan 2008, by  EileenSouza

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Northumberland

...Northumberland County. You can just call them and ask. All the libraries are very helpful. I have a Frank Olshefski b.. 8 Oct 1899 d. Oct 1966 married to Marguerite Gunther b.1901 d. Sep 1972. Lived in Coa...

Re: Eva Olshefski (Olszewski) and Irene Olshefski Posted on: 14 Dec 2007, by  clfowles

Surnames > Olshefski

Irene Olshefski was about 8 years old when she died. Her grandmother was Eva Olshefski and was the older sister of Joseph Borostowski. Eva had 2 sons that I know of and one daughter. The daughter was born in Poland a...

Re: Eva Olshefski (Olszewski) and Irene Olshefski Posted on: 15 Dec 2007, by  librarian167

Surnames > Olshefski

My father's name was Joseph Olshefski. His mother was Eva Borostowski Olshefski. She was married to a Frank Olshefski but I have not been able to find much information about him. I do know that they arrived together on 12 De...

Looking for Obit on Eva Olszewska, died 15 Jan 1931 Posted on: 01 Sep 2008, by  clfowles

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Luzerne

I am looking for the obit on Eva Olszewska (Olshefski, Olshafsky), who died on 15 Jan 1931 in Plymouth Township, County of Luzerne, PA. I am hoping the obit will specify which St. Mary's Cemetery she was buri...

Looking for Obit on Joseph Olshefski, died 28 Apr 1943 Posted on: 01 Sep 2008, by  clfowles

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Luzerne

Joseph Olshefski died 28 APR 1943 in mine accident in Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne co, PA in a mine accident. I am looking for his obit and any possible news reports regarding the accident. Thank you, Cynthia Falk...

Re: Yankoski - Pennsylvania - Funeral Home Posted on: 01 Sep 2008, by  clfowles

Surnames > Yankoski

...Funeral Home or if there are any records from the home available for research purposes. I am looking for Olshefski, Olshafsky or Olzewski surnames. Thanks for your time. Cynthia Falk Fowles

Re: Clara OLSZEWSKA Posted on: 28 May 2008, by  lalapatti

Surnames > Olshefski

Found in rummage several cancelled envelopes dating to 1940's addressed to Regina Olszewska 1124 N. Kedvale, Chicago, Hedy Bennit, 1400 N. Sedgwick, another address is 2659 W. Haddon, Chicago. Also p...

RISHKOFSKI, Pauline, 1927-2008 Posted on: 28 Aug 2008, by  Dalice

...Wilkes-Barre General Hospital. She was born in Nanticoke, the daughter of the late Frank and Mary Tronsue Olshefski. She attended Nanticoke schools and was a member of St. Stanislaus Church, Nanticoke. In addi...

Re: Clara OLSZEWSKA Posted on: 28 May 2008, by  bjm19047

Surnames > Olshefski

please email me at bkuehmstedt@verizon.net...Thank you!

PEHALA, Joseph John Jr., 1949-2010 Posted on: 26 Feb 2010, by  Dalice

February 23, 2010 Joseph John Pehala Jr., 60, of Wyndgate Boulevard, Drums, passed away on Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010, at his home. He was born in Wilkes-Barre on May 16, 1949, a son of Anna Wallace Peha...

Maciej (Matthew) Olshefski Posted on: 22 Nov 2010, by  JMOlshefski

Surnames > Olszewski

Looking for an informationon Maciej (Matthew) OlszewskiI belive he was born in Plocka Gubernia, Poland Februry 26th 1861 and died 11 Feb 1936 in Kulpmony PA.

POTOESKI, Pauline M., 1932-2010 Posted on: 26 Sep 2010, by  Dalice

...one great-grandchild, Serenity Swisher; one brother, Bolick Yustat Jr., Shickshinny; two sisters, Anna Olshefski, New Jersey, and Barbara Lutz, Maryland; two nieces and one nephew that she helped raise, Sandy ...

Michael A. Koper,age, 102,born,1908, in Kamien, Poland, a son of,Lorenz and Mary Rodzen Koper. Posted on: 29 Mar 2011, by  KENNELLYMARKA

Surnames > Koper

Michael A. Koper North Huntingdon Michael A. Koper, 102, of North Huntingdon, died Saturday, March 26, 2011, at his home. He was born Oct. 16, 1908, in Kamien, Poland, a son of the late Lorenz and Ma...

Re: Looking for Obit on Joseph Olshefski, died 28 Apr 1943 Posted on: 20 Mar 2011, by  shepard999

...District / Pennsylvania State Archives Film No. / Anthracite, Bituminous 6 Gaylord Gaylord Coal 1943 4 29 Olshefski Joseph L 42 fatal outside electrician American citizen married 2 20 7 caught in belt line ma...

Re: Loomis Colliery 1919 Posted on: 15 Oct 2011, by  shepard999

Topics > Occupations > Mining > United States > Pennsylvania Miners

... / Name of Mine (County) / F=Fatal or N=Nonfatal / Page & Reference Source / County 1896AUG28 OLSHEFSKI, CHARLES STERLING F 235 57 1915FEB11 OLSHEFSKI, FRANK 15 LUZERNE No.6 N 308 60a 1918APR17 OLSHEFSKI, FRANK 22 N 4...

Re: Loomis Colliery 1919 Posted on: 15 Oct 2011, by  shepard999

Source: 1911 Annual Report of the Department of Mines of Pennsylvania - Anthracite Part I Library Call No. TN805.04 A29, page 248 1919Jun11, Peter Olsiewski, nationality Polish, occupation miner, ...

Loomis Colliery 1919 Posted on: 15 Oct 2011, by  kolszewski149

...individuals, who died in the mines (at least according to the family history passed down to me): Peter (Piotr) Olshefski, d June 1919 Loomis Colliery Louis Jacoboski, d1924 Loomis Colliery? Joseph Jacoboski, ...

MONCAVAGE, Charles E., 1932-2011 Posted on: 21 Jun 2011, by  Dalice

...He served in the Korean War as part of the U.S. Air Force. In 1958, he married the former Jacqueline Olshefski, who survives. Following his discharge from the service, he worked as an inspector for the Depar...

Re: Looking for Obit Posted on: 08 Jan 2012, by  dblucas42

Could you tell me if the Olshefski family knew the Kriaski/Krayefski family in Hanover (Nanticoke). Someone had mentioned they had. Albert Kriaski (born 1858 Died 1928 ) + Mary Schmidt Kriaksi knew them. ...

Re: Lower Luzerne County-Web Site Posted on: 11 May 2012, by  prince2603

...longer available. Do you have a new link? I had family in Mocanaqua, with the last names of Federici, Olshefski and Rosmus. I am hoping you can direct me to a new site. Thanks, Tracey Prince

KIMSEL, John, 1900-1947 Posted on: 28 Sep 2012, by  Dalice

...of pneumonia. His father, Cyprian Kimsel, died eighteen months ago while his mother, the former Mary Olshefski, died eleven months ago today. A brother, Anthony, dropped dead at Alaska colliery last July. Kim...

per page