Search the Boards

Search Results for "SCRIMGEOUR" - 272 Messages

per page

Re: Looking for information about Alexander and Janet Scrimgeour Posted on: 13 Oct 2010, by  L837

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Perth

I checked the IGI parish records for Alexander and Janet's marriage and found that the record definitely says January 22nd, not 23rd, 1823. Alexander "Scrymgeour" was born July 14th, 1833, c...

Re: Looking for information about John and Elizabeth Vanstone of Stratford, Perth, Ontario, Canada Posted on: 09 Oct 2010, by  jimbob017

...Ontario. There may be an obituary for Elizabeth Vanstone in the Stratford Beacon and one for Grace Scrimgeour in one of the Toronto papers of Feb 1921

Re: Looking for information about John and Elizabeth Vanstone of Stratford, Perth, Ontario, Canada Posted on: 11 Oct 2010, by  jimbob017

...Ruby 1881 - Jan 19, 1958 Ernest V 1891 - April 5, 1892 age 4 months 8 days In memory of Alexander Scrimgeour died Jan 27, 1890 aged 55 a natve of Perthshire, Scotland h/w Grace 1840 - 1921 Kathleen d Apri...

Re: Looking for information about John and Elizabeth Vanstone of Stratford, Perth, Ontario, Canada Posted on: 10 Oct 2010, by  Ann Marie Mid...

Can you find any information for Alexander and Grace (Vanstone) Scrimgeour? Are they buried in Avondale Cemetery? Alexander died in 1890 and Grace died in 1920. I found Grace living in Toronto, Ontario, Canad...

Alexander and Janet (Robertson) Scrimgeour of Stratford, Ontario, Canada 20C Posted on: 13 Oct 2010, by  Ann Marie Mid...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

I am looking for information about Alexander Scrimgeour born about 1902 in Scotland and his wife Janet Robertson born about 1898 in Scotland. I believe that they may have died in Statford, Perth, Ontario, Cana...

Looking for information about James and Eliza (Scrimgeour) Galbraith of Sarnia, Lambton, Ontario, Canada Posted on: 14 Oct 2010, by  Ann Marie Mid...

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Lambton

James was born December 23, 1856 in Scotland and died August 5, 1918 in Sarnia. His wife Eliza was born December 16, 1861 in Scotland and died Novmeber 20, 1955 in Sarnia. I am especially interested...

Looking for information about John and Elizabeth Vanstone of Stratford, Perth, Ontario, Canada Posted on: 06 Oct 2010, by  Ann Marie Mid...

...Ontario, Canada. His wife was Elizabeth (Possible last name Jones). Their daughter Grace married Alex Scrimgeour in 1860 in Stratford. Thank you.

Looking for information about Alexander and Janet Scrimgeour Posted on: 06 Oct 2010, by  Ann Marie Mid...

Alexander was born 1802 and Janet was born 1798, both in Scotland. I am also looking for information about their son, Alexander and his wife Grace Vanstone. Alexander was born about 1826 in Scotland...

Re: Looking for information about John and Elizabeth Vanstone of Stratford, Perth, Ontario, Canada Posted on: 10 Oct 2010, by  Ann Marie Mid...

...and gravestones of John and Elizabeth Vanstone's gravestones? Also, Alexander and Grace (Vanstone) Scrimgeour? Alexander died January 27, 1890. Grace died in 1921. I am looking for Alexander Scrimgeour's de...

Re: James Scrimgeour b.1796 Posted on: 19 Dec 2010, by  murraymargare...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Interested in the name Martha Brocious.Am I right in assuming Donald Scrimgeour (b 1835)emigrated? I am descended from Donald's brother James.

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Cont.. David Low b 31 May 1868, Kingoldrum; Robert b5 June 1870, Kettins Angus; Jane b 11 Oct 1872 Kingoldrum; Joan b about1875, Kingoldrum; Jessie Ann b about 1878 at Glamis, Angus; Stewart (my grand...

Re: James Scrimgeour b.1796 Posted on: 19 Dec 2010, by  kjscrim

Surnames > Scrimgeour

James, Born 1795 in Dull Parish Scotland. Married Isabella Duff April 27, 1823. Children are: Donald Scrimgeour b 5-9-1835 married Martha Brocious Jessie Scrimgeour b 8-13-1839 was a dressmaker IsobelScrimgeour b 8-20-1...

Re: James Scrimgeour b.1796 Posted on: 19 Dec 2010, by  kjscrim

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Martha Brocious and Donald Scrimgeour were married on Sept 20, 1876 in Tower City, Pa. USA. She is the daughter of George Brocious. She was born in Tower City, Schulkill County, Pa and died about 1898. That ...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

James Scrimgeour b at Balarchibald,Logierait (Perthshire)on 25 July 1825, eldest son of James Scrimgeour and Isabella Duff. By 1841 He was an agricultural labourer on the farm of Fyndynate. By 1858 he was a widower and m...

Re: Scrimgeour Angus & family, Balmerino/Kilmany, Fife Posted on: 01 Jun 2011, by  elizabethgrie...

Surnames > Angus

Hello there I have this family as part of my tree and believe that Scrimgeour is related to an Ann Angus who gave birth to my 5x great grandfather (i think?) Robert Bayne by a William Bayne. I believe that Scrimgeour m...

Re: Descendents of William Scrimgeour and Nicholas (female) Bennett of Fowlis Wester. Perthshire, Scotland 1600's Posted on: 05 Mar 2011, by  ElizabethAdam...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

By any chance do you have a John Scrimgeour marrying Margaret Kidd on 1/8/1819 at Tibbermore? I have him as the son of David Scrimgeour and Mary Clark, but have just seen his death certificate which says he is son of Do...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

...given me extra info.If you don't already have them, I can give you details of the descendants of James Scrimgeour, b.1825 in Balarchibald.

Re: Isabella Bruce - Dundee Posted on: 15 Nov 2011, by  jslsa2

Surnames > Bruce

...connection with the Bruce family. When I looked at your posts,I see one relating to Agnes Dryden D'All ( nee Scrimgeour). Another of their daughters, Robina (1848-1920), had the middle name Scrimgeour. Again, I am tryin...

Re: Park family Posted on: 02 Sep 2011, by  mervburgard

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Huron

...Mary MENERY married Sarah Jane PARK, 20, Canada, Ashfield, d/o John PARK & Mary WEST. Wit: John SCRIMGEOUR and Annie M. THOMPSON, both of Ashfield. March 22, 1893 at Ashfield 010562-08 (Huron Co): Thomas J...

Re: Info on Alex and Grace Scrimgeour Posted on: 07 Jun 2011, by  Dwyer10

We are in the process of restoring the original home of Alex and Grace Scrimgeour, in Stratford Ontario. I trying to track down pictures of his house. I also need info on the rest of his children. Lestock for o...

Re: John Scrimgeour from Crieff b c1800 married Ann Miller Posted on: 16 Dec 2011, by  HenrikDorbeck

Surnames > Scrimgeour

My wife was a Scrimgeour. I have logged my family tree under Dorbeck/Scrimgeours. I have a John and Anne Miller at the top of it with no other details. Below it is a line of the Scrimgeours who came to New Zeal...

Re: SCRIMSHAW Name vs word Posted on: 01 Sep 2011, by  Justin Scrims...

Surnames > Scrimshaw

...meaning to defend. Related to the word skirmisher meaning along the same lines as the old root words. Scrimgeour is one of the ealier forms of the name. The later word scrimshaw being the art form of carving wh...

Re: Alexander and Janet (Robertson) Scrimgeour of Stratford, Ontario, Canada 20C Posted on: 12 Sep 2011, by  jslsa2

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Hello Anne Marie: I am trying to find out where the Scrimgeour connection comes in. My gggf was Francis Robertson (1821-1893).One of his daughters was Robina (1848-1920). She carried the middle name Scrimgeour. Robina ...

Re: N.W. Presbyterian baptism records Posted on: 02 Oct 2011, by  historynw

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Orange

...Reform church Newburgh Marriage Records 1/3/1807 Gardner, Thomas & Crissey, Eliza by Rev. James Scrimgeour wit:William Gardner, Ebenezer Crissy Bethlehem church Marriage Records Clark, George & Crisse...

Re: Alexander and Janet (Robertson) Scrimgeour of Stratford, Ontario, Canada 20C Posted on: 05 Sep 2011, by  jslsa2

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Hello Ann Marie; Your post of Oct.13,2010 is the only one in the Scrimgeour message board that makes reference to the name Robertson. My gggrandparents were Francis Robertson and Isobel Strachan. One of their ...

Re: Fyfe's Petrie's, Kerr's, Kinnears, Milne, Lowson, Bell, - ALL FORFAR Posted on: 07 Oct 2011, by  juwell_1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Angus (Forfarshire) > General

Elizabeth Scrimgeour born 1788 to John Scrimger & Isobel Hillocks was my 3 X Grandmother & she married Thomas Guthrie 22 Jul 1814 at Oathlaw, Angus

Grizel Scrimgeour, baptised about 1715, parish of Dull,Aberfeldy, Perthshire Posted on: 28 Mar 2012, by  EllenStewart1...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Perthshire > General

...to find a birth/baptismal record in Dull or nearby Perthshire parishes.There are various spellings of Scrimgeour noted in Dull and other Perthshire parishes around the time of Grizel's birth. An Alexander Scr...

Re: James Mann Posted on: 26 Apr 2012, by  fuzzyduk

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Angus (Forfarshire) > General

...I believe that JS Mann married a Marjory Alexandrina Peter, they had a daughter (Marjory Alexandrina Scrimgeour Mann) whom married my Great Grand Uncle Harry Akers Byway. The info you have on the ships is very ...

Re: William Scrimgeour 1857 Perthshire, Scotland Posted on: 09 Apr 2012, by  hmelville85

Surnames > Scrimgeour

This James and Ann Mckenzie are my Grt. Grt. Grt. Grandparents Any information about the scrimgeours would be very useful. Thanks melville(maiden name scrimgeour)

Re: Descendents of William CRANKSHAW b Lancashire, England abt 1752 from Blackrod,Lancashire>NY>NJ>OH>IN, USA Posted on: 21 Jan 2012, by  srodman125

Surnames > Crankshaw

...Dorothy Fowler Crankshaw married Herbert Gilmore in 1921. Her son, Herbert Gilmore Jr died 2/22/2010 Jean Scrimgeour Crankshaw died 7/6/1987, bur Geo Wash Mem Pk, Paramus, married Peter A. V. Ferraro. Alva Holm...

Re: Hamlets of Glack and Balwhern, Parish of Methven Posted on: 22 Jul 2012, by  moragblack228

Sorry to have been so late in replying to you. The blacksmith (Adam Scrimgeour) and family at Balwhern are the ancesters and yes, I think that the place that I visited - far nearer to Bankfoot (Auchtergacvin)...

Re: William Brand Millor Gairns Posted on: 11 Jun 2012, by  rdd754

Surnames > Gairns

...William Brand Millor Gairns: Parents were Peter Gairns, b 1878 Perth St Martins Scotland and Margaret Scrimgeour Doig Margaret was daughter of James Doig b 1837 Kincregne Fife Scotland and Jane Clink, b 1840 St...

Re: William Brand Millor Gairns Posted on: 11 Jun 2012, by  rdd754

Surnames > Gairns

...William Brand Millor Gairns: Parents were Peter Gairns, b 1878 Perth St Martins Scotland and Margaret Scrimgeour Doig Margaret was daughter of James Doig b 1837 Kincregne Fife Scotland and Jane Clink, b 1840 St...

Re: Hamlets of Glack and Balwhern, Parish of Methven Posted on: 10 Jul 2012, by  Dauvitmac

Hi Depending on where these hamlets like Glack and Balwhern were situated, regarding census returns, the enumerator could easily mistake one parish from another. However, on the 1881 census in Methve...

Re: Alexander SCRIMGEOUR m. Mary MCROSTIE Posted on: 13 Oct 2012, by  Carol Leatham

Surnames > Scrimgeour

The William Scrimgeour who married Jessie Dewar is my great great uncle. Please email me at carol_leatham at hotmail.com.

Re: ADAMS Family (Dundee) Posted on: 02 Sep 2012, by  lilybee72

...actually in business together. Robert re-married and had two daughters by his second wife Elizabeth Scrimgeour. The family moved to St Andrews but in 1869 applied for cessio which I think is a sort of bankruptc...

Re: Patrick SCRIMGEOUR Posted on: 11 Jul 2013, by  Fiona_Bathgat...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

That's a good one! That could seem a little strange on a couple of accounts... On an aristocratic technicality - an unmarried 'Lady' probably would not have just an 'Hon' for a father. The daughter...

James Scrimgeour 1841-1903 Aberdeen, Scotland Posted on: 09 Jan 2013, by  lindascrim

Surnames > Scrimgeour

James Scrimgeour was a Iron Merchant in Aberdeen and I am trying to find more information regarding his business. My Gt Grandfather David Scrimgeour upon his Father's death (James) made the decision not to take over the ...

Re: Adam Gaston Posted on: 05 Feb 2013, by  maureenbartle...

Surnames > Gaston

...Gaston's marriage certificate (Peru, 1867) whether he had been married previously? Before marrying Jane Scrimgeour Lowson, born in Scotland, I think he might have been married to Eliza/Elizabeth Stewart in 18...

Re: Patrick SCRIMGEOUR Posted on: 10 Jul 2013, by  Fiona_Bathgat...

Surnames > Scrimgeour

...Registers (and therefore fairly reliable) you will find that there are TWO entries for the marriage of John SCRIMGEOUR and Mary HALL - one for Brechin and one for Arbroath. This indicates that one of the parti...

Helen Scrimgeour Barclay Posted on: 27 Jun 2013, by  kozakavich

...spent most of his life in Ontario (some time in Saskatchewan). On September 28 1926 he married a Helen Scrimgeour Barclay in Ontario. The marriage registration says Helen was born in Scotland. Her father, Willi...

Re: Patrick SCRIMGEOUR Posted on: 11 Jul 2013, by  ghi77015

Surnames > Scrimgeour

...part of an extract, passed on to me by an elderly cousin of Dad's. "Memorial for Mary Hall (or Scrimgeour), Spouse of John Scrimgeour. Spirit dealer in Edinburgh. The memorialist Mary Hall is ----- descended from ...

Re: Patrick SCRIMGEOUR Posted on: 10 Jul 2013, by  ghi77015

Surnames > Scrimgeour

Hi again I have found siblings for John. James Scrimgeour (1793-1856) states his father as Peter Scrimegour and mother Mary Scrimegour (Nee Burges) Mary Scrimegour (1796-1866) married John Mansie states her f...

Re: Patrick SCRIMGEOUR Posted on: 11 Jul 2013, by  ghi77015

Surnames > Scrimgeour

...her father The Honourable William Hall but cannot find any evidence to back this up. She married JOhn Scrimgeour and opnly had the three children William PAtrick, John who died as an infant and Clementina Drum...

Re: John McNaughton, Comrie-New Zealand-Comrie Posted on: 11 Jun 2013, by  KableWalker

Surnames > McNaught

Hi Davie Saw your post and it triggered a "random" thought that must have been floating about for a while. How about the idea that McNaughtons in New Zealand shortened their name to "Mc...

Patrick SCRIMGEOUR Posted on: 10 Jul 2013, by  ghi77015

Surnames > Scrimgeour

I am looking for information about Patrick Scrimgeour. He married Mary Burgess and had a son John (spirit dealer) who married Mary Hall. Mary Died in Scotland and JOhn died in Victoria Australia where he cam ...

James Scrimgeour 1841-1903 Aberdeen Posted on: 21 Jan 2013, by  lindascrim

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

I am trying to find more information re James Scrimgeour Iron Merchant in Aberdeen, he was married to Susan Orr and was my Gt.Gt.Gt. Grandad.

Re: Judy Garland Posted on: 18 Jan 2014, by  cohsen

Surnames > Grant

...is a common relative through one of the Milne branches that includes; Lovie, Leslie,Matheson, Irvine,Scrimgeour, Seaton ,Douglas,Keith and many other ancient and ...

Ayling Headstone Family Groups St. James Stedham, Sussex Posted on: 26 Jul 2015, by  AylingHistori...

Surnames > Ayling

The following is a list of all the headstones according to their grouped placement with the transcription on each headstone or brass plate (courtesy of the Sussex Family History Group). The Cocking p...

this is my family tree on my mother side Posted on: 24 May 2001, by  JOVITA_SOLORI...

Surnames > Irwin

...Matlack s/o Jared Irwin s/o James Irvine/Jean Crichton (Creighton) s/o Alexander Irvine/Magdalene Scrimgeour (He was the tenth Laird of Drum Castle) m. Lola Mae Laswell in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois b. ...

per page