Search the Boards

Search Results for "WOODLIEF" - 482 Messages

per page

John M. Robinson, M.D. Posted on: 04 Mar 2001, by  marylus

Surnames > Robinson

Looking for descendants/siblings of John M. Robinson, M.D. of Scopio, Indiana. His father was Moses F. Robinson (1813-1879) and some of his siblings were Charles and Eva E. Moses F. Robinson's second ...

William Smith Buckingham/Ohio Posted on: 17 Sep 2000, by  marylus

Surnames > Buckingham

Looking for information on descendants of William Smith Buckingham of Clermong & Hamilton Cos., Ohio. He m. Nancy Sanders Sep 22, 1835. She was b. abt 1817 (probably Hawkins Co., TN) and d. Apr 28...

Pace Colonial Ancestors Posted on: 30 Aug 1999, by  gordonwpace

Surnames > Pace

This is not a query but an announcement: Bruce Howard, a professional genealogist and a Pace descendant has just published a book which is the culmination of many years of expert research. It is entit...

EVANS Posted on: 06 May 2000, by Betsy

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Granville

I'm looking for information on my Evans line. I know that Alex Evans married Martha? and had a son, Lee Vidicous Evans (dob 9/11/1872; dod 7/23/1931). On 11/11/1896 in Granville County, Lee married Ev...

LADY JANE DOUGLAS / HENRY DOWNS Posted on: 07 Jun 2001, by  Baltom73

Surnames > Douglas

...CALDWELL JAMIESON. WILLIAM CALDWELL JAMISON and JANE DOWNS' son, HENRY DOWNS JAMISON married SARAH WOODLIEF THOMAS who d. in Rutherford TN. Their daughter, CORNELIA JAMIESON is our Chapter's Founding Member....

John Pace/Ann Russell...and Francis? Posted on: 05 Jan 2000, by Sara

Surnames > Pace

...Elizabeth more often listed as John's wife. Also, this Richard supposedly married a Sarah Woodliff or Woodlief, and I've seen her listed as married to George or George's son Richard. Also, I have no other rec...

obit for George Thomas Duty Posted on: 03 Feb 2002, by tigerlily =';'=

Surnames > Duty

...Flav-O-Rich Inc. He is survived by his wife of 59 years, Helen Duty; three sisters, Alice Bade and Martha Woodlief, both of Lynchburg, and Nora Bess Davis of Baltimore; two brothers, David L. Duty of Ashland...

The many Richard Paces... and a John Posted on: 05 Jan 2000, by Sara Geer

Surnames > Pace

...Elizabeth more often listed as John's wife. Also, this Richard supposedly married a Sarah Woodliff or Woodlief, and I've seen her listed as married to George or George's son Richard. Also, I have no other rec...

Re: Wife of David Bray of VA/NC--1743-1836 Posted on: 30 Jun 2005, by Frank McClelland

Surnames > Bray

...Pace Sex: Male b: 1690 in Charles City, VA d: Apr 1759 in Prince George, VA ------- +Sarah Eppes Woodlief Sex: Female b: 1694 in VA d: Aug 1759 in Charles City, VA ---------- 3 John Pace Sex: Mal...

Re: Woodlief T. Shelton Posted on: 29 Jul 2002, by R. Huffine

Surnames > Shelton

Who were Elizabeth's parents and when and where were they born?

Susan Brady Posted on: 02 Oct 2004, by Eileen Woodlief

Surnames > Brady

I am looking for info on my great, great, great grandmother, Susan Brady. We believe her father was Jacob, but I have nothing on her mother. Here's what I know: Susan was born 27 Jan 1831 in Pennsy...

Re: Woodlief T. Shelton Posted on: 27 Jul 2002, by  LauraJonesGra...

Surnames > Shelton

...Warren Co, TN. She named her son Woolief Thomas JOHNSON. I think it's very likely she's related to the Woodlief and Shepard SHELTON you're talking about here. Do you know something that would help prove or d...

Re: Susan Brady Posted on: 15 Sep 2006, by Barb Patterson

Surnames > Brady

Eileen Woodlief, My gr. gr grandmother was Susan Brady who Married Jacob Hevel. Please email me privatley. bjp@mail.riverview.net

Re: Woodlief T. Shelton Posted on: 29 Jul 2002, by  LauraJonesGra...

Surnames > Shelton

Hi Ruth, Yes, this is exactly the branch. I suspect she is a sister of Shepard and Woodlief SHELTON. The dates and places are right and there's the fact that she named her son Woodlief Thomas. A lot of that going ar...

Re: Woodlief T. Shelton Posted on: 29 Jul 2002, by R. Huffine

Surnames > Shelton

Could be that she is a relative of Woodlief Shelton (1785/87) m. Sarah Moore. That Woodlief was brother to my relative, Shepard Shelton (6-1-1791). Shepard named one of his sons Woodlief Thomas Shelton ((2-18-1834) and th...

Re: Woodlief T. Shelton Posted on: 29 Jul 2002, by  LauraJonesGra...

Surnames > Shelton

That's what I'm trying to find out. All I know so far is her marriage and her children.

Re: Woodlief T. Shelton Posted on: 27 Oct 2002, by  LauraJonesGra...

Surnames > Shelton

Hi Ruth, Yes, these are the same Woodlief T. SHELTONs. Elizabeth SHELTON was in Madison Co, AL, just west of Jackson Co, from the 1830s to 1854, when the family moved to Missouri. She and her husband Isaac J...

Re: Woodlief T. Shelton Posted on: 26 Oct 2002, by Ruth Huffine

Surnames > Shelton

Laura, the Woodlief T. Sheltons that I am related to were from Jackson County AL and some ended up in Chattanooga Tennessee. Are these the same ones you are speaking of? Ruth Huffine rhuffine@bellsouth.net

WOODLIEF/ WOODLIFF Genealogy Posted on: 16 Jun 2000, by Sandy

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Franklin

For Franklin County Woodlief/ Woodlief research, visit the Woodlief Family Website: http://members.home.net/teylu/woodlief/ or click on the url below....

Perry & Woodlief lines Posted on: 16 Jun 2000, by Sandy

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Franklin

...is Eunice Currin; Ellis? (4). Of these children, we know three Perry sisters married three Woodliff/Woodlief brothers: Martha married [1870] Rufus Clay Woodlief [son of Charles Woodlief + Sallie Green Merritt] Jane Ellen ma...

Supposed Perry "brothers" - Eaton's Muster Roll Posted on: 16 Jun 2000, by Sandy

...another is not clear. You can review Eaton's FULL muster roll online at: http://members.home.net/teylu/woodlief/eatons.html or click on the hyperlink below....

WOODLIFF - 38th Inf. Co.B Posted on: 30 Nov 1998, by  sandyhb168

Topics > Military > Civil War > Georgia > General

Searching for additional information on the following soldier: Woodliff, Thomas J. GA 38th Inf. Co.B Thanks for any help!

Woodliff - 14th Inf Co.E Posted on: 30 Nov 1998, by  sandyhb168

Searching for additional information on this soldier: Woodliff, Oliver P. GA 14th Inf Co.E Thanks for any help!

State Guards Posted on: 02 Dec 1998, by  sandyhb168

Many thanks for the advice and information, Art. Apparently, there must be some record somewhere, for I quoted his listing verbatim from "The Roster of Confederate Troops," that mammoth unde...

Woodliff - Cherokee Legion (St.Guards) Co.K Posted on: 30 Nov 1998, by  sandyhb168

Searching for ANY additional info on the following soldier: WOODLIFF, J.H. GA Cherokee Legion (St.Guards) Co.K Thanks for any help!

43rd Inf.Co E Posted on: 30 Nov 1998, by  sandyhb168

I'm seking additional information on the following Confederate Soldiers in Georgia: Woodliff, George F. GA 43rd Inf Co.E 2nd Lt Woodliff, George W. GA 43rd Inf Co.E Woodliff, James W. GA 43rd Inf. Co ...

Granville Cemeteries Posted on: 18 Mar 1999, by Sandy

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Granville

I notice a lack of Granville County, NC, cemeteries in the USGenWeb Tombstone Transcription Project...although MANY Franklin County Cemeteries are transcribed and searchable online. Is there anyone wh...

William Alonza (Alonzo) Woodlief Posted on: 17 Mar 1999, by Dorman Whitley

...would very much appreciate any available information on my grandfather – William Alonza (Alonzo) Woodlief. William Woodlief married Nannie Virgil Lacey of Johnson City (Washington county), TN and they had a daug...

WOODLIEF Family Association Posted on: 15 Mar 1999, by Sandy

The Woodlief/Woodliff Family Association is online: http://members.home.net/teylu/woodlief/assn.html or click on the link below Instructions for subscribing to the Woodlief/Woodliff email list on rootsweb may be found there

EATON'S MUSTER ROLL Posted on: 15 Mar 1999, by Sandy

...William Eaton's regiment.... that page has MOVED. The CORRECT url is: http://members.home.net/teylu/woodlief/eatons.html or click on the link below. --Sandy

Margaret Woodlief Bennett Obit Posted on: 21 Jul 2003, by  mabeone

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Stokes

KING - Margaret Woodlief Bennett, 87, of Robertson Ridge Road died Sunday, July 20, 2003, at the Nursing Center at Oak Summit. She was born March 28, 1916, in Forsyth County to John Henry and Lillie Spencer...

Karl B. Shearin Posted on: 28 Jan 2000, by Gail Shearin Dupree

Surnames > Shearin

...will follow in Pineview Cemetery with military honors. The family will receive friends at Wheeler and Woodlief Funeral Home from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday night and other times at the home of Tammy and Bob Ga...

William Woodlief Sanders, b. 1864 Posted on: 19 Sep 2000, by Mary Sanders

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Bartholomew

Looking for descendants of William Woodlief Sanders, b. Feb 10, 1864 Columbus, Bartholomew Co.,IN, d. 1952. His father was Nahum Sanders, B. Oct 1827, d. Jan 8, 1916. At one point Nahum had lived in Linn, Kan...

James Alfred Mullen, b. 1907 Posted on: 19 Sep 2000, by Mary Sanders

Surnames > Mullen

James Alfred Mullen m. Lanora Dion. She was one of the descendants of William Woodlief Sanders, b. Feb 10, 1864 Columbus, IN, d. 1952. His father was Nahum Sanders, B. Oct 1827, d. Jan 8, 1916. At one point N...

William Woodlief Sanders Posted on: 19 Sep 2000, by Mary Sanders

Surnames > Sanders

Trying to find descendants of William Woodlief Sanders, b. Feb 10, 1864 Columbus, IN, d. 1952. His father was Nahum Sanders, B. Oct 1827, d. Jan 8, 1916. At one point Nahum had lived in Linn, Kansas. William'...

Anderson Moore Posted on: 07 Jan 2007, by  RobertaEstes1...

Surnames > Moore

I wrote a series of family history stories for the Halifax County family history book. I'm posting them here in the hopes that they will help someone and that they will generate interest in these lin...

Wm W SANDERS - seems a short-term Bartholomew Co, IN Resident Posted on: 20 Sep 2000, by  xxruthsf

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Bartholomew

...genealogylibrary.com, for births in Indiana, of your individuals - turned up nothing. I would guess that William Woodlief Sanders, although born in Columbus, IN, moved away as a child, or before starting his...

Re: Ralph Sanders Posted on: 21 Nov 2006, by Mary Lu Sanders

Surnames > Sanders

I have a Ralph Nahum Sanders (1902-1973), s/o William Woodlief & Arty Merci Tevebaugh Sanders; gs/o Nahum and Elizabeth Fisher Sanders; ggs/o Maryarter & Nancy Sanders; gggs/o Nahum and Susanna Sander...

Maryarter Sanders, d. 1856 Clermont Co., OH Posted on: 19 Sep 2000, by Mary Sanders

Surnames > Sanders

...were buried in the Concord Church "burying ground." Their children: Susan (m. Riley Young Woodlief, Jr. Feb 17, 1829), Nancy (m. William Smith Buckingham Sep 22, 1835), Sarah )m. a Mr. Orr and had ...

William A. Woodlief Posted on: 21 Mar 1999, by Dorman Whitley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Washington

...would very much appreciate any available information on my grandfather – William Alonza (Alonzo) Woodlief. William Woodlief married Nannie Virgil Lacey of Johnson City (Washington county), TN and they had a daug...

M. Arthur Sanders Posted on: 17 Sep 2000, by  marylus

Surnames > Sanders

...bef Oct 21, 1856 Clermont Co., Ohio. He and his wife had the following children: Susan (m. Riley Young Woodlief, Jr.), Nancy (m. William Smith Buckingham), Sarah (m. ? Orr), Melinda (m. Moses F. Robinson), Na...

Jackie Eugene Daughtridge Posted on: 18 Feb 2007, by  StefanG1968

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > McDowell

Jackie Eugene Daughtridge, 69, born June 3, 1937 in Edgecombe County, NC passed away in the Trauma Center of Pitt Memorial Hospital, Greenville, NC on Monday January 1, 2007. Son of the late J. H. Da...

Re: Ussery Royal connection Posted on: 16 Apr 2007, by  rhg910

Surnames > Ussery

...Jamestown, and that the Jamestown ancestor is documented by genealogist Paul Mears to be a descendent of the Woodlief and Drury families, who in turn are descended from Edward I of England. It ...

William W. Sanders - Bartholomew Co., IN Posted on: 21 Sep 2000, by Mary Sanders

..."cinched" the connection for me was that my 1828 Nahum's oldest sister, Sarah Sanders, married Riley Young Woodlief and named her son William Harold Woodlief (who moved to Kansas and was a prominent cattlem...

Re: Pace Associated Families - Newton Co. MS Posted on: 06 Feb 2007, by  leonmwilson

Surnames > Pace

I do have a Richard Pace, but he was the son of James Pace and Sarah Woodlief. I have not have any infomation on John Micajah Pace who is the son of Richmond Pace. Name: John Pace Sex: M Birth: 1725 in ...

Re: Camp Caffery cemetery? Posted on: 03 Jun 2007, by  michellezenne...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > St > Tammany

http://www.rootsweb.com/~lawpvcm/cemeteries2.htm I searched for records, too, but did not find any immediate answers. Your best bet would be to email the St. Tammany Library Genealogist with your qu...

Looking for Karen Jean Patrick Posted on: 11 Feb 2002, by Phil Patrick

Topics > Lost Family & Friends > Unknown

Looking for Karen Jean Patrick. Her parents were La Juana Jean and Lawrence Woodlief Patrick. Last known location was Texas or Colorado.

Camp Caffery cemetery? Posted on: 02 Jun 2007, by  Sarah Reveley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > St > Tammany

Camp Caffery was on the Tchefuncta River, about a mile above Covington, and was established during the Spanish American War. Was there a cemetery at the camp? Ar there any records of burials? I'm lo...

William Orr m. Sarah Sanders 1842 Clermont Co., OH Posted on: 29 Sep 2000, by Mary L. Sanders

Surnames > Orr

I have just found Sarah Sanders Orr's husband's first name and the date of their Clermont Co., OH marriage: May 22, 1842. William and Sarah Sanders Orr had at least one child, Amanda. Looking for de...

Julia A. Evans/Nahum Sanders Posted on: 21 Sep 2000, by Mary Sanders

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Decatur

Looking for information on Nahum Sanders who m. Julia A. Evens (Evans) on Mar 17, 1896 in Decatur Co., Indiana. Julia was listed as Nahum's widow on the Civil War Pension Index filed in Kansas and Ind...

per page