Search the Boards

Search Results for "POITIER" - 146 Messages

per page

Re: Clarissa Paquett m. Joseph Dumas (Dumont) Posted on: 01 Jul 2002, by Rina Auger

Surnames > Paquette

...1668, Quebec, Qc, Henriette Rousseau (Jacques et Jeanne Arnold) 7- Etienne Paquet m. Bourg-de-Dissay, Poitier, Poitou, France, Jeanne Poussarde Hope it help you Rina

Another Toops Posted on: 25 Apr 2000, by  Poitier

Surnames > Toops

Don't I feel silly, there's a Toops family tree right here at Ancestry.com.

Another Toops Posted on: 25 Apr 2000, by  Poitier

Surnames > Toops

I'm curious. I'm descended from Barbara Toops who married Robert McLaughlin. The names Robert and Edwin are threaded through my family tree. Do you have any McLaughlins on yours? There's an extensive ...

Re: Kate Tribert of Nyack, NY Posted on: 19 Jun 2003, by Tribert

Surnames > Tribert

...Ywendal. My father is Tribert René and his father had the same name. My grandfather was born in Poitier in France. Best regards Ywen.

Re: Origin / Meaning of Peto Posted on: 16 Oct 2005, by Judy Pothan (nee Peto)

Surnames > Peto

...the main occupation was bricklayer/mason. I did rear somewhere that it was thought to come from Le Poitier who were glassblowers but don't think that's right. Other spellings such as Peyto and Peyton could...

Family name Posted on: 26 Dec 1999, by Michael Viney

Surnames > Viney

...One brother remained and the other carried on to Ireland and then the USA. The family originated in Poitier in western (protestant) France which was once ruled by Catherine of Aragon. The name was De Vinier ...

Viney Name Posted on: 26 Dec 1999, by Michael Viney

Surnames > Viney

The Viney name originated in Poitier, France and in 1800 two brothers fled the Protestant Catholic war and arrived in Southamton England where there is a street named after them. One brother left for the US ...

P. Amand Thibodeaux family Posted on: 25 Jun 2000, by John

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > St > Martin

Descendants of P. Amand (1) THIBODEAUX Cpl. of Saint Martin The numbers in front of the name are the generation number and indent level Detailed date & Bio & photo information is at the family...

Woodland Posted on: 10 Jul 2000, by  Poitier

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Sligo > General

Hi, I see that Woodland is a surname in your family tree. My great-grandmother was Ann Jane Woodland who married Robert Smith presumably in Sligo. I don't know when but my grandfather was born in Clog...

Re: Clouthier family, Ogdensburg, NY, Ontario Posted on: 07 Jun 2004, by  hennpa

Surnames > Clouthier

...Noel Cloutier, buried Aug 12, 1863, son of Joseph Cloutier and Heneritta Desrousie, witnesses Xavier Poitier, Michael Duperson (No Name) Cloutier, buried Sep 27, 1897, child of Napoleon. In the Notre Dame ba...

Brouillette Posted on: 30 Jul 2000, by  joeduclos

Surnames > Brouillette

...you? I've traced as far back as Jacques Brouillet dit La Violette b. abt 1610 in Gouex, Montmorillon,Poitier, Aunis Poitu, Vendee, France. Have you gone further back? Joe Duclos(duclos@localnet.com)

SA du Plessis Posted on: 31 Aug 2000, by Riekie and Annette

Surnames > du Plessis

...understanding is that Jean Prieur du Plessis was the original du Plessis who went to the Cape in 1688, from Poitier in France where he was a surgeon. The Huguenot Museum in Franschoek can trace his descendan...

Jodoin's Posted on: 19 Aug 2000, by Rose Hiltermann

Surnames > Jodoin

DearJanet; Do you know if your Jodoin's were from Canada or the United States ?It they are from Quebec I may be able to help you and maybe even for the States as I will loos for her birth record and p...

Re: Jesmers in MN, from a Jesmer in NY Posted on: 12 Apr 2005, by kevin jesmer

Surnames > Jesmer

...Jasmin as the son of Loius Laurent Duhaut dit Jasmin who was the immigrant ancestor to Canada, from Poitier France. Ambroise Andre was born on 11/26/1780 in Vaudreuil Quebec His spouse was Marguerite Therese...

Indiana McLaughlins Posted on: 13 Apr 2000, by  Poitier

Surnames > McLaughlin

Looking for descendants of Aaron McLaughlin, b.Feb. 11, 1882 in Jefferson, Pike, IN, d. ? Father was John Andrew McLaughlin and mother was Charlotte Bissey.

Indiana McLaughlins Posted on: 18 Apr 2000, by  Poitier

Surnames > McLaughlin

Hi, I don't think we're looking for the same line. My McLaughlins lived in Indiana from at least 1840 if not 1831 or so. What I have is James b. 1820 in Ohio, married in 1849 in DuBois, IN; John Andre...

Jean LeRoy Posted on: 24 Apr 2001, by  Yvan Roy

Surnames > Roy

Yes his father was also Jean. He lived in St-Juliens de l'Ars (pronounced LAR) In the Poitier greater area, in the Vienne department (France was divided in departments even then). His wife was Anne Brunet. ...

Re: FAMILY HISTORY Posted on: 08 Oct 2001, by emilie

Surnames > Garneau

the original garneau came from Poitier france in 1659. they settled in l'ange gardien, quebec, canada. his name was louis garneau and he came alone. he had four sons who survived to adulthood. if you need mo...

Gallipeau/Gallipeaux/Gallipo/Galipo Posted on: 18 Mar 2000, by  Poitier

Surnames > Gallippo

This name has many variant spellings. My Gallipeaus are all originally from Montreal and go back to the late 1600s. Much later they emigrated to MA here in the States. Good luck on your search. Use th...

Gallipo/Gallipeau --- more info Posted on: 25 Mar 2000, by  Poitier

Surnames > Gallippo

I don't know if this helps you, but my Gallipeau(s) and Gallipo(s)moved from Montreal Quebec to Lawrence MA in the mid-1800's. William Gallipo was born 14 DEC 1877 in Lawrence MA (see MA birth records...

Jacques DEVEAU & Marie Anne POITIER m.1719 Posted on: 13 Nov 2000, by Linda Barrios

Surnames > Deveau

Jacques Deveau was born in 1699 and married Marie-Anne Poitier in 1719. (daughter of Jean Poitier Anne Poirier). Jacques Marie-Anee's children: Michel 1721, Pierre 1723, Jacques 1726, Jean 1727, Joseph 1730, Mari...

Re: Poitier Posted on: 23 Dec 2006, by  LPolle

Surnames > Toops

...(no address) It said to contact Tom Lanangan. (it bounced back)By searching same names, I came up with Poitier. (Private). My hope is this reply to a previous message. Would you be so kind to forward this me...

Yvonne De Carlo Posted on: 13 Jan 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Friday, January 12, 2007 Yvonne De Carlo LOS ANGELES CA - Yvonne De Carlo, the beautiful star who played Moses' wife in "The Ten Commandments" but achieved her greatest pop...

Robert McFerrin Sr. -An African American Obituary Posted on: 28 Nov 2006, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

...McFerrin performed in 10 operas over three seasons. He is also known for providing the vocals for Sidney Poitier in the 1959 movie "Porgy and Bess." Son Bobby McFerrin Jr. is best known for the 1...

Barbara Toops Posted on: 14 Sep 2000, by  Poitier

Surnames > Toops

Thanks, James. -Carol

Re: Michel deVaux dit Dauphiné Branch(twig) Posted on: 03 Aug 2002, by  paul_desveaux

Surnames > Deveau

...children as noted below: Pierre de Vaux (Marie Caissie); Magdeleine de Vaux; Jaques de Vaux (Marie-Anne Poitier) Jean de Vaux (Cécile Caissie); Cécile de Vaux (Germain Henry); and, Augustin de Vau...

Barbara Toops Posted on: 11 Sep 2000, by  Poitier

Surnames > Toops

I've been delinquent in thanking you for the information about Barbara Toops and Robert McLaughlin. I apologize. Do you have a source for their marriage date? I would love something official about Rob...

1900-1975 Holy Rosary yearbook Posted on: 04 Jun 2007, by  Kristin Cummi...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Yakima

the following yearbook has been transcribed and is available for scans at 'The Book Buyer' http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bookbuyer/homepage.html The Holy Rosary Parish Diamond Jubilee ...

Barbara McNair - An African American Obituary Posted on: 07 Feb 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

...McNair, the pioneering black singer-actress who hosted her own TV variety show and starred with Sidney Poitier in the early 1970s, has died. She was 72. McNair died Sunday in Los Angeles after a battle wit...

Lon Chaney, Jr. Posted on: 10 Nov 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Lon Chaney, Jr. Birth name Creighton Tull Chaney Born February 10, 1906(1906-02-10) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States Died July 12, 1973 (aged 67) San Clemente, California, United States Spous...

Re: Carol K. Seymour (death notice) Posted on: 11 Aug 2007, by  SuGenClayFL

Localities > North America > United States > States > Florida > Counties > Dade

...Carolyn Seymour, Carolyn, 83, died Tuesday. Services 10 a.m. Saturday, Holy Redeemer Catholic Church. Poitier Funeral Home. Miami Herald, The (FL) Date: November 6, 1998 Edition: Final Page: 4B Record Num...

Lon Chaney, Jr. Posted on: 11 Nov 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Lon Chaney, Jr. Birth name Creighton Tull Chaney Born February 10, 1906(1906-02-10) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States Died July 12, 1973 (aged 67) San Clemente, California, United States Spous...

Samuel Goldwyn aka Schmuel Gelbfisz Posted on: 11 Nov 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Samuel Goldwyn Samuel Goldwyn Samuel Goldwyn centre frame, ca. 1916 Birth name Schmuel Gelbfisz Born 27 August 1882 Warsaw, Congress Poland Died 31 January 1974 (age 92) Los Angeles, California, ...

Re: Laura GUIDRY Posted on: 29 Feb 2008, by  Kristin Amund...

Surnames > Guidry

Hello Guidry cousins, I am sorry to not have replied sooner. Chasing three children has not let me much time for genealogy recently. I have traced Julie Euphomoise Modeste Poitier's ancestry severa...

Richard Widmark Posted on: 28 Mar 2008, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Richard Widmark Actor who created some of Hollywood’s most memorably chilling villains but never quite filled the role of screen hero Richard Widmark, the Oscar-nominated actor who became a hou...

FIELDMAN: Fred Fieldman [Freddie Fields] Posted on: 23 Dec 2007, by  666888

Topics > Obituaries

...Coburn signed." In 1969 Fields formed First Artists, bringing McQueen, Streisand, Newman, Sidney Poitier and Dustin Hoffman together on his roster. He encouraged the "back-end deal" under whi...

Constantin Sergeyevich Stanislavski(January 17 [O.S. 5 January] 1863 – August 7, Posted on: 17 Dec 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Constantin Sergeyevich Stanislavski (Russian: Константин Сергеевич Станиславский) (January 17 [O.S. 5 January] 1863 – August 7, 1938), was a Russian actor and theatre director. His innovative contribu...

Re: Cyrille Dufour (1825-1864) Posted on: 17 Jan 2008, by  amdufour1

Surnames > Dufour

...is listed Cyrille (1825 - 1864) son of David Dufour (1776-1842) mrd. 1799 St. Basille, N.B. Charlotte Poitier (1785-1837) dau. of Paul & Judith Thibodeau. David had a brother Joseph (1773-8134) mrd Rose ...

Re: Guidry's in St. Landry Parish in 1869 Posted on: 04 Jan 2008, by  willgallothib...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > St > Landry

I am descended from Onesime Guidry and Modeste(Julie Euphrasie) Poitier. I am also trying to find out more information about my ancestors. The names of some of thier other children are: Alexis, Elizabeth, a...

My Wife's Deveaus Posted on: 05 Apr 2008, by  mitman37

Localities > North America > Canada > Nova Scotia > Digby

... / /1663 - / / ) 2** Jacques DEVEAU (07487) ( / /1699 - / /1760) sp*Marie Anne POITIER (07488) ( / /1701 - / / ) 3** Jacques DEVEAU (07469) ( / /1726 - 4/ /1770) ...

Re: WIDMARK: Richard Widmark 2008 continued Posted on: 01 Apr 2008, by  666888

Topics > Obituaries

Richard Widmark Last Updated: 2:52am GMT 27/03/2008 The Telegraph.co.uk Richard Widmark, who died on Monday aged 93, was one of Hollywood's most skilled exponents of cold cruelty and off-hand viol...

WIDMARK: Richard Widmark 2008 [Continued in the reply} Posted on: 01 Apr 2008, by  666888

Topics > Obituaries

Richard Widmark Last Updated: 2:52am GMT 27/03/2008 The telegraph.co.uk Richard Widmark, who died on Monday aged 93, was one of Hollywood's most skilled exponents of cold cruelty and off-hand viol...

Re: Nicolas and Cecile Potier... 1920 Census Posted on: 01 Jan 2008, by  willgallothib...

Surnames > Potier

Hello Karen: I am descended from Onesime Guidry and Modeste Poitier. I don't know that much about either of them. Have you ran across those names during your research?

Mother of Marie Ophelia Guidry Posted on: 21 Dec 2007, by  willgallothib...

Surnames > Guidry

I am trying to locate information about my great-great grandmother, Modeste Poitier. She was married possibly to Onesime Guidry who was Marie Ophelia's father. Marie Ophelia was born between 1848-58 in or ...

Re: Laura GUIDRY Posted on: 21 Dec 2007, by  willgallothib...

Surnames > Guidry

...your posts I feel that we share some common ancestors. I am descended from Onesime Guidry and Modeste Poitier. You referred to her a Julie. Their daugher, Marie Ophelia is my great grandmother. She marri...

Marlon Brando Posted on: 17 Dec 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Broadway Theatres Dim Lights to Honor Actor Marlon Brando, July 2,2004 02 Jul 2004 In honor of the passing of legendary stage and screen actor Marlon Brando, Broadway theatres will dim their lights...

Re: Portier Pronounciation Posted on: 21 Aug 2008, by  JLGunthorpe

Surnames > Portier

...help you out with your pronounciation situation. It is pronounced "Poor-T-ay"! Like Sidney Poitier, but with an R!! It is french, and any name ending in "ier" will be pronounced "ay...

Sammy Davis, Jr., - An African American Obitiary Posted on: 28 Jul 2008, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries (2)

...Candy Man" was a surprise #1 hit in 1972. His films included Porgy and Bess (1959, with Sidney Poitier and Dorothy Dandridge), Salt and Pepper (1968, with Peter Lawford) and Tap (1989). His wrote two au...

Woody Strode aka Woodrow Wilson Woolwine Strode - An African American Obituary Posted on: 02 Sep 2008, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries (2)

Woody Strode: Pioneer of ring, field and screen Before becoming one of the first big, black movie stars -- thanks in large part to legendary director John Ford's faith in him -- Woody Strode was a s...

Malcolm X aka Malcolm Little aka El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Posted on: 20 Sep 2008, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries (2)

Malcolm X Malcolm X, March 1964 Alternate name(s): El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Date of birth: May 19, 1925(1925-05-19) Place of birth: Omaha, Neb., U.S. Date of death: February 21, 1965 (aged 39) Pl...

per page