Search the Boards

Search Results for "MCMENAMY" - 138 Messages

per page

Mac Meanmain Clan Pedigree Overview Posted on: 23 Mar 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > McMenamin

Please see my new website for an overview of our clan's major migrations throughout the centuries.

McMenomy/McMenamin -- Why our surnames end in ~my and ~min. Posted on: 03 Mar 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > McMenamin

March 3, 1999 THE MYSTERY OF THE CLAN NAME SOLVED!!! Mac Meanman and Mac Meanmain are Irish-Gaelic for “Son of Morale.” The clan that bears this name is descended from Meanmach (pronounced...

My known McMenomy ancestors from co. Donegal Posted on: 02 Mar 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > McMenamin

I would like to find my lost relatives in Ireland or around the world. Any help in locating them or learning more about my ancestors would be most greatly appreciated. Donegal Ancestors: 1. Edward B...

Complete Milesian Genealogy of Meanmach, founder of Clan Mac Meanmain Posted on: 02 Mar 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > McMenamin

Please realize the lineage from Nos.1 to 12 are based on the bible (Genesis), Nos. 13 to 85 are based on myth and legend. Genealogist do not accept any names prior to No. 86- Niall "of the Nine H...

McMenamin Clan Web Page Posted on: 01 Mar 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > McMenamin

Check out this McMenamin clan homepage! Not my immediate family, but another very useful headquarters to all McMenamin researchers. http://home.att.net/~rjjcollins/

McMenemy Posted on: 30 Sep 2000, by  ajohnson34

Surnames > McMenamin

...(b. Apr 1836, Greenock), married 1 Oct 1855 High Church, Glasgow, Lanark. Parents of NEIL were FRANCIS McMENAMY and MARGARET McMILLAN. Parents of MARGARET MOWAT were DANIEL MOWAT and MARY ROSS. Children of NE...

McMenamy in Paynestown Posted on: 30 Apr 2000, by  jamesjaukskal...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Meath > General

...from Paynestown. Thomas married a Mary Rainsford in 1858 in Paynstown. There also was a Mary and Fannie McMenamy. Any info on this name in this area would be appreciated. Thier parents were James and Elizabet...

James McMenamy 1801 Posted on: 26 Jul 2000, by  jamesjaukskal...

Surnames > McMenamin

...records for Meath Co, WERE BURNED IN THE 1922 FIRE!!!!! So now I'm stuck. Does anyone have a missing James McMenamy. I realize that he is from somewhere other than Meath Co. The name comes from Tyrone or Done...

place of birth Posted on: 30 Jun 1999, by  jamesjaukskal...

Surnames > McMenamin

I finally have more info on my short branch of Mcmenamys. My GGrandfather Thomas, came to the states as an 8 yr old in 1875. His parents were Thomas and Mary Rainsford. He died in NY on 3/4/1915. All ...

List of Mac Meanmain Web Sites Posted on: 08 Mar 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > McMenamin

Dear fellow Mac Meanmain’s, relatives, and enthusiasts, Here are the most useful Clan Web Sites that I have found to-date: McMenemy Homepage. Make sure you sign up for the e-mailist on this one...

Milesian lineage of the Mac Meanmain Clan Posted on: 05 Mar 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > McMenamin

I have posted the complete Royal Mileasian Lineage down to Meanmach, ancestor of all McMenomy's, McMenamin's, and other spellings. Can anyone provide me with more info on these ancestors or where I mi...

Donegal ancestors Posted on: 05 Mar 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > McMenamin

Does anyone know of a connection to my ancestors listed in the "Biographies" section?

wrong e-mail address Posted on: 08 May 1999, by Alicia McMennamy Horn

Surnames > McMenamin

Sorry I posted the wrong e-mail address.

Philadelphia Posted on: 25 May 2001, by Nelly McMenamy

Surnames > McMenamin

Are there any McMenamys living or originating from Philadelphia, whose ancestor was Arthur, mother Theresa McGonagle from Derry and Belfast? If so we would be glad to know.

Sharing info Posted on: 03 Mar 1999, by Andy McMenemy

Surnames > McMenamin

Alicia I don't think I can help directly, but have you looked on the McMenemy website, or tried that mailing list? Drop me an email and I'll fill you in. (The email address in your post seems to boun...

McMennamy Genealogy Posted on: 02 Mar 1999, by Alicia McMennamy Horn

Surnames > McMenamin

I am looking for any information on my greatgrandfather John McMenamy and his family. He was said to have been born in Ireland June 17,1738. He married Sarah Jane Roberson. They had four children. Alexander, ...

McMenamin's of Donegal & Tyrone Posted on: 26 Feb 1999, by Ted McMenomy

Surnames > O'Donnell

Your message does not match my info, but I would be happy to send you what I have on my McMenomy ancestors that emigrated to America from co. Donegal around the same time. Also, I have found some inf...

Guiney Antrim Co & Cavan Co Posted on: 21 Aug 2001, by Leslie

Surnames > Guiney

My mother , Patricia Guiney was born in Belfastt 03/03/32 to William & Mary (McMenamy).. My grandparents were forced to leave Belfast and moved to Cootehill Co Cavan and redided there till their deaths i...

Catherine (b. 1798) and Daniel (b. 1805) McManaman Posted on: 21 May 2000, by Eva Lee

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Donegal > General

...changed slightly. Other derivations of this surname may include: Mac Meanmain, Mac Meanman, McMenomy, McMenamy, McMenemy, McMenamin, McManamun, McMennamy, McMenama, MCMANAWAY, MCMANAMAY, MCMANAMY, McMANAMON, ...

McMenamy family Posted on: 17 Jul 2000, by  houston82tx

looking for any information on ancestors of Hugh McMenamy b 03/1842, GlenFlin,County Donegal. Traveled toUS ca 1853 and married Hanna McDermott (of Conty Roscommon)1860, St Louis,MO. His parents were reported...

HESS, Selmar 1847- Posted on: 12 Jul 2000, by volunteer

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

Hall, Henry, ed. America's Successful Men of Affairs: An Encyclopedia of Contemporaneous Biography. vol. 1. New York, NY: New York Printing Co., 1895. page 311 SELMAR HESS, publisher, a native of Ber...

McMenamy Posted on: 04 Aug 2000, by Alberta Casey

Surnames > McMenamy

And now do you think we are related?Are you related to Sister Mary McMenamy? and Bernard McMenamy? Why were the names changed? Alberta

HELLO Posted on: 03 Aug 2000, by  Carol_VanHorn

Surnames > McMenamy

Hi Alberta, It is a small world:) I corresponded with Sister McMenamy several times and she was a delight. She had a Bernard in her history but we could not tie it in, but thanks to the Internet I went to ...

GHOSTS :) Posted on: 04 Aug 2000, by  Carol_VanHorn

Surnames > McMenamy

...grandmother that when the children went to school it was just a simplier way to spell the name. My Bernard McMenamy actually is shown on the records for Oct. 9, 1848 as follows: Barney McManomey and Margare...

McMenamy Posted on: 03 Aug 2000, by Alberta Caasey

Surnames > McMenamy

Yes I was related to Sister Mary B. McMenamy who has since passed away. I am related to her through three different families so I have all of the information she sent to you. Sorry I couldn't help you Alberta...

McMenamy Posted on: 02 Aug 2000, by  Carol_VanHorn

Surnames > McMenamy

Hi, Just got home from work and picked up your message. Several years ago when I was doing everything by "snail mail" I was corresponding with a nun from an area around St. Louis, I beleive ...

McMenamy Posted on: 02 Aug 2000, by Alberta Casey

Surnames > McMenamy

My family from northern Ireland came and settled in Missouri Would like to help if I can Alberta Casey

McMenamy Posted on: 29 Jul 2000, by  Carol_VanHorn

Surnames > McMenamy

...name I found out that at one time my grandfather Robert went by McManamy, but the original name was McMenamy. I came across quite a few McManama's in the northeast but could not draw a link. Believe me....th...

Baia/Mcmenamy Posted on: 14 Jan 2000, by  jamesjaukskal...

Surnames > Baia

Sheri- I'm looking for Charles Baia who married Mabel Mcmenamy before 1920. They lived in Hoboken NJ at that time. Both are listed as dying in camden NJ. Any connection?

Sherie please contact me Posted on: 28 Jan 2000, by  jamesjaukskal...

Surnames > Baia

...made the connection with your Chi-Chi Baia. Your g-aunt Doris Curtis gave me Barbara Richards as Mabel Mcmenamy;/Baia's Dght. Barbara's son Charles(ricky) lives somewhere in California. Please contact me when...

Arthur Warren Barnett Posted on: 24 Apr 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

...Arthur is survived by his wife of 35 years, Janie Grace; daughters, Lucy Barnett, Angela Martine, Laura McMenamy & husband Ben; mother, Marion Barnett; grandsons, Christopher Martine, Nicholas Boudewijn, ...

Mae Mackey McMennamy Posted on: 09 Oct 2000, by  bmcmenamy2294

Surnames > McMennamy

...shocked to find she was his mother. Turns out we're cousins. I also have info that goes back to John McMenamy, b: June 17, 1738 in Northern Ireland.

McMenamy Posted on: 04 Oct 2000, by  bmcmenamy2294

Surnames > McMenamy

The oldest of my McMenamy ancestors, John McMenamy, was born in Northern Ireland June 17, 1738 and died September 12, 1800 in Caswell County, NC. Some of his descendants moved from NC to TN and then to TX, where I am...

John W. Basham Posted on: 02 Oct 2000, by  destinlew

Surnames > Bassham

...been looking for John Wesly Bassham when his name was John W. Basham. Also, his wifes' name was Cora L. McMenamy. I have a lot of information for you. Send me your email address. Mine is destinlew@aol.com

Re: Shannon County Marriages 1901 - 1910 - Lookup Avail Posted on: 17 Sep 2007, by  kathyamelio

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Shannon

...thing, I am trying to find their granddaughter. Their daughter was named Waive or Wave and she married a McMenamy- in Kansas City I believe. Zettie divorced Jeff and moved there and remarried. Anyway, Wave an...

Re: McMenamy of MO Posted on: 28 Mar 2008, by  okie62vet

Surnames > McMenamy

It does help. Many thanks. I may have additional queries for you or your father (which I may want to route thru you if that is OK). Again thanks for the help.

Re: McMenamy of MO Posted on: 28 Mar 2008, by  jimsjobsid

Surnames > McMenamy

I May have some info regarding a Hugh McMenamy in St. Louis - believe he (or his children) migrated to Oakland Calif. As a very young child, I knew my grandmother who was a Pearl Mcmenamy. I was told that her husban...

Re: Patrick McMenamy, b 1797, Balleybofey, Donegal Co Posted on: 10 Jan 2008, by  okie62vet

I have a Patrick McMenamy in my McMenamy family lineage who was my great-great grandfather. However, per what I have been told, he was born ca 1815 County Donegal and died in Ireland prior to 1900. His son Hugh McMen...

Re: PARK/S- McMENAMIN- Scotland to Ireland ? Posted on: 12 Jan 2008, by  sal4gen

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Inverness-shire > General

...different timeframe [earlier]. Originated in Ireland, emigrated to Scotland, then to USA. Names: Margaret McMenamy [or variants] Carrigan, Ann Carrigan m. Dorrity, Robert Carrigan m. Spence.

Nancy McM? Posted on: 17 Feb 2008, by  starrider314

Surnames > McMenamy

Nancy "McMenneme" as listed on a death certificate, married Henry Small. I believe in Missouri as their daughter, Sarah Small was born November 6, 1867 in Bridgeton, MO and died Oct 1950 nea...

Re: McMenamy of MO Posted on: 30 Mar 2008, by  okie62vet

Surnames > McMenamy

...if you could forward this to your brother and have him contact me so that I could possibly update the McMenamy family abit more. Many thanks for the assistance.

Edward Benton McMenamy Posted on: 12 Dec 2007, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries

Edward Benton McMenamyMCMENAMY, , EDWARD BENTON Services for E.B. McMenamy of Whitesboro will be held Tuesday, December 11,2007 at 1:00 p.m. at Restland Memorial Chapel in Dallas Texas. Ed passed away on Friday, December 7, ...

Mrs. May C. McMennamy/John Franklin McMenamy Posted on: 09 Oct 2000, by  bmcmenamy2294

Surnames > McMennamy

I left my e-mail address out. It is billybob@glade.net

Re: McMenamy of MO Posted on: 19 Jul 2008, by  PamGroover751

Surnames > McMenamy

Jim, I found death certificates for Hugh and Hanna McMenamy in St. Louis, MO. You can go to Missouri sources and look for digital death certificates. Let me know whether or not you can find the site. I am,...

Re: Nancy McM? Posted on: 19 Jul 2008, by  PamGroover751

Surnames > McMenamy

Penny, Henry Small and Nancy Mcmenamy are my great grandparents. My line continues through their daughter, Ida May Small, b. c1881, married to James Riley Coil. They moved from St. Louis to Detroit, MI. Oa...

Re: Nancy McM? Posted on: 20 Jul 2008, by  @@starrider31...

Surnames > McMenamy

Oma, Thank you for your reply! Ida May's sister, Sarah, married Cyrus Townsend and one of their children, Manuel Lawrence married Margaret Kayser, "grandma Townsend" to my husbands family. ...

OBIT - THOMPSON, ROBERT LEE, 85 Posted on: 15 Sep 2003, by SR

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Unknown

...school football. He served stateside during World War II as a military policeman. He married Patricia McMenamy Dec. 9, 1942. He worked for Jones-Spicer Co. and Dowell Division of Dow Chemical before work...

Re: McMenamy of MO Posted on: 21 Oct 2008, by  kathdun06

Surnames > McMenamy

Hi I have a grt grt uncle Hugh McMenamy from Ballybofey, Donegal,I don't know date of birth but one of his brothers Patrick is my grt grt grandfather and he was born c1831. He had two sisters who emigrated t...

Very few items April 1938 Waurika News Democrat Posted on: 04 Mar 2009, by  RedRiverTXOK

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Counties > Jefferson

The Waurika News Democrat Waurika, Jefferson County, Oklahoma Friday, April 1, 1938 Mother of SAM ASH Dies at Vernon, Texas …Mrs. HARRIET ADELINE ASH, age 80 years, died Thursday morning of last wee...

Re: New Jersey death information Posted on: 11 Mar 2009, by  ggant8740

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Unknown

OK I FOUND HIM IN THE 1930 CENSUS LAST NAME IS SPELLED MCMENAMY. HES LIVING WITH ALBERT SCHWARTZ AND HIS WIFE MARGARET. ALBERT IS AN EMBALMER/UNDERTAKER MARGARET DOESNT WORK. FRED IS LISTED AS A MACHINIST IN ...

per page