Search the Boards

Search Results for "MACHOVER" - 11 Messages

per page

Mocover or Machover, Poland Posted on: 14 Apr 2008, by  Eclipse21

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Mazowieckie

...town that my husband's grandfather was born in. According to relatives it is either spelled Mocover or Machover and is just outside of Warsaw. Has anyone ever heard of a town by that name? Can you tell me a...

Re: Mocover or Machover, Poland Posted on: 14 Apr 2008, by  Eclipse21

...that way to her. When I was looking thru another relatives autobiography (he's the one that spelled it Machover), he made reference to the fact that Admiral Hyman Rickover was from the same town. When I loo...

Re: Mocover or Machover, Poland Posted on: 14 Apr 2008, by  mjdall

How about Makow? [Pronounced in English as MACK-oof.] There's a Makow Mazowiecki about 70 KM north of Warsaw. -MJ

Updated List of Names that I have info on Posted on: 04 Nov 2010, by  mevcsmith1

Localities > Caribbean > United States Virgin Islands > General

Last First Middle A..wth Emmanuel Aalholm Mathias Aard Leonardo Barfield Aarestrup Christian E. Aarestrup Rasmus Andersen Aarestrup Rose Aaroe Maria Elisabeth Aarøe Anna Maria Aarøe Bendt...

Re: Mocover or Machover, Poland Posted on: 10 Jan 2013, by  kwinter2000

Judy - I found this old thread while trying to find Machover. That's the name of the town I was given for my grandfather years ago. I was wondering if you ever had any success, or got any confirmation that i...

Re: Mocover or Machover, Poland Posted on: 15 Jan 2013, by  Eclipse21

...researching both our families. So I'm afraid I can't help you much. My feeling is that Makow is the same as Machover. I think if I could find documents for my husband's grandfather, that would definitely c...

Re: Mocover or Machover, Poland Posted on: 04 Jan 2016, by  M. G.

Hello, I think te correct name of the place is Mochowo - a village in Sierpc County, Masovian Voivodeship, in east-central Poland. The metrical records for Mochowo parish are stored in Płock State Ar...

Re: Mocover or Machover, Poland [Makow] Posted on: 11 Dec 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Lesley Please don't take my jumping in the wrong way. The manifests were written at the port of departure not at the port of arrival. What is the name of a town? How far outside the Warszawa? Do y...

Re: Mocover or Machover, Poland Posted on: 11 Dec 2015, by  FairRose

Hey Judy, I was doing some changing, to the "Family Tree" today (12/11/15) when I came across this thread. Daddy always said it was spelled Mocover and that the town Is no longer in exist...

Henry Luxton-Devon Posted on: 22 Dec 2005, by  Dibbles2

Surnames > Luxton

I have just come across a Luxton in my family tree search. Apparently Henry Luxton was born in Zealm machover(?) in 1857, around 1883 he moved to Liverpool. His son Harry b1882 married my ggggr-aunt Lilian Ol...

Re: Luxtons from Devon UK Posted on: 22 Dec 2005, by  Dibbles2

Surnames > Luxton

Hi, I have just come across a Luxton in my family tree. Apparently Henry Luxton was born in Zealm machover(?) in 1857, and moved to Liverpool somewhere around 1883. He is my gggg-aunts father in law, she marr...

per page