Search the Boards

Search Results for "JARNIGAN" - 751 Messages

per page

George Sally Gardner Posted on: 17 Dec 2000, by Ruth jarnigan

Surnames > Gardner

Mom said that as far as she knew they were from over that way.Here is some of my Grandmothers bro.sis. names Cordelia is my grandmother Jeff, Izzie, Mary, Perlie there could be more but mom don't know...

George Sally Gardner Posted on: 16 Dec 2000, by Ruth jarnigan

Surnames > Gardner

This is my mothers grandparents she has very little info about her family but would like to have as much as possible her parents are Lee Cynthia Cordelia Church. P.S. Thanks for the response

Brannon Family book Posted on: 25 Apr 2000, by  BSchaub8035

Surnames > Brannon

Dear Mr. Jarnigan: I loved hearing true stories about our ancestors. Wish I had more of those to share with you. I also have several pictures. My grandaughter is putting them on disks for me so I can e-mail t...

Brannon Family book Posted on: 23 Apr 2000, by  BSchaub8035

Surnames > Brannon

Dear Mr. Jarnigan: I have just finished typing my Brannon Family book and saving it on disks. Would you like a copy? I do not have all of my family completely up to date yet since I have been unable to travel...

Re: Correct pronunciation of MORROW Posted on: 27 Feb 2003, by  jmredman

Surnames > Morrow

Hi Don , My mother was born Eulala Josephine Morrow. Her great-grandfather was Thomas Aaron Morrow who was born in North Carlina in 1813 and that is as far as I have been able to find. There are so...

Family Ties - Walker - Jarnigan - Blair - Albright Posted on: 07 Jun 2004, by  rlbatty

Surnames > Walker

...born in Tennessee. I am looking for a tie between the James BLAIR and Elizabeth POWELL family to the JARNIGAN family. James BLAIR was born March 6, 1761 in Virginia and Elizabeth POWELL was born April 16, 1...

Family Ties - Walker - Jarnigan - Blair - Albright Posted on: 07 Jun 2004, by  rlbatty

Surnames > Walker

...born in Arkansas. I am looking for a tie between the James BLAIR and Elizabeth POWELL family to the JARNIGAN family. James BLAIR was born March 6, 1761 in Virginia and Elizabeth POWELL was born April 16, 17...

Barnett Family in Yell, Arkansas Posted on: 16 Jun 2004, by  rlbatty

Surnames > Barnett

Have been looking for this Barnett family for years, her name is Flora G. Barnett and her mother's name is Fannie. Flora was born Nov. 7, 1891 in Arkansas (some census say Georgia). Flora married Vi...

Re: Morrow family Posted on: 08 Mar 2003, by  jmredman

Surnames > Morrow

Yes Angie I believe we are looking for the same family. Thomas Aaron morrow & Lavina Jarnigan had 13 children: Sarah, Hezekiah, Robert, Mary, Martha, Melivina Dailtha, Thomas Eurn, My g grandfather, Myra...

Re: Morrow family Posted on: 28 Oct 2002, by Joyce Bolte

Surnames > Morrow

...g grandfather Thomas Arron Morrow was born in N.C. but I don't know which county. He married Lavina Jarnigan from S.C.. My Thomas was born in 1813. If you could check and see if Thomas matches up I would l...

Re: John W Walker - Tennessee Posted on: 21 Feb 2005, by  rlbatty_1

Surnames > Walker

...family was James W. Walker who was shown born in Tennessee and moved to Arkansas where he married Julia Jarnigan (Jernigan). Have been searching for parents of James for a long time and this is all the info ...

Stephen C. and Hester A. Burk of Lee County, Virginia Posted on: 19 Oct 2001, by  jarnigan

Surnames > Burk

Does anyone have info on Stephen C.and wife Hester A. Burk? They were living in Lee County, Virginia in the 1900 census. They are my gggrandparents. Children are: Sallie C., James F, Nancy O, Ada Ma...

Weaver, Lacy or Akers family that married into the Bettis family in Morristown, TN. Posted on: 26 May 2006, by  bluebirdyz

Surnames > Weaver

I am searching for information on Weaver, Lacy or Akers family that married into the Bettis family in Morristown, TN. Columbus Bettis married Julia Akers. Their children were: Mary K. Charles Ruby A...

James Amos Sanderson Posted on: 27 Jan 2005, by  redwitch71

Surnames > Sanderson

...one I am descended from is Richard Coleman Sanderson born in 1887 died in 1954 in AL Married Annie Jarnigan Thanks, Cassie

Re: Nora Samantha Weaver - Knoxville, TN 1886 Posted on: 09 Jul 2001, by  HuntNroots

Surnames > Weaver

...yours in Knoxville, but it would be a generation later. These families are supposedly also related to Jarnigan, Bunch and Pugh families. Please email @ Huntnroots@msn.com as I do not get many chances to chec...

Some more Vittetoe Marriages in Grainger Co Posted on: 02 Sep 2000, by  j_dunkel

Surnames > Vittetoe

...Vittetoe - John Groseclose Aug 4, 1855 William Vittetoe - Mary Dyer 23 Mar 1855 Malinda Vittetoe - James Jarnigan 21 Aug 1858 Will add more later

Mary Sulivant Jarnigan Posted on: 10 Apr 2001, by  Fowlerjr

Surnames > Sullivant

Paula, can you give me the appoximate time-frame Mary would have lived. There are several Mary's in my line. Thanks, Bob

looking for mary sullivant-jarnigan Posted on: 07 Apr 2001, by Paula McClellan-Ledet

Surnames > Sullivant

my great great grandmother was Mary Sullivant who married Chesley Pleasant Jarnigan. They daughter Eula Jarnigan married Wm. Henry McClellan and their son was Samuel Oscar McClellan (my gr.father)from Patmos,Hempstea...

Mary Sullivant Jarnigan Posted on: 28 Jun 1999, by paula mcclellan ledet

Surnames > Sullivant

...for info on Mary Sullivant-born-1842 She was a full blood cherokee Indian She married Chesley Pleasant Jarnigan. These were my great great grandparents. My dad was from Patmos, Arkansas. Thanks--Paula

HOWELL Posted on: 26 Nov 1998, by  CJB1111

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Grayson

Pleasant B HOWELL, son of Pleasant Howell & Sarah BARNS, was born in Polk Co, TN. He married Margaret M JARNIGAN/JERNIGAN abt 1881 in TN. In 1902, they had a daughter, Lula Mae Howell, who was born in Whi...

Milton M. Wallace, Alabama to Arkansas Posted on: 20 Feb 2004, by  rlbatty

Surnames > Wallace

Looking for any info on a Milton M. Wallace, he was born in June of 1857 in Alabama. He married a Lucy Jarnigan around 1882 in Arkansas. They had children: Frank E. Wallace, born May 1891 in Yell, Arkansas...

Fancher/Myler Posted on: 22 May 2000, by  LynnMarieFanc...

Surnames > Fancher

Zoe, The Richard Fancher/Sarah Jarnigan family of Stokes Co NC moved to Overton Co. Tn in 1806. The eldest daughter, Patsy Gray Fancher married John Myler (Miller) in 1804. After the move to TN., Patsy and he...

hello kin Posted on: 16 Dec 2000, by Ruth Jarnigan

Surnames > Church

Tennessee, I do belive that we are kin down the line just alittle bit. My papaw lee church is tennessee older brother his daughter mary is my mother if you could please send some info on the family.

hello kin Posted on: 16 Dec 2000, by Ruth Jarnigan

Surnames > Church

Tennessee, I do belive that we are kin down the line just alittle bit. My papaw lee church is tennessee older brother his daughter mary is my mother if you could please send some info on the family.

Moses Clark Posted on: 16 May 2001, by  KarlynMay

Surnames > Clark

...Interestingly, Francis Clark is believed to have come from Cocke Co.,Tn. and is connected to the Carter and Jarnigan families.

W.H. Housley Book Posted on: 13 Aug 2000, by William H. Housley

Surnames > Housley

...Pamelia born 07 Dec 1871. John Boring born 26 May 1874.. Thomas Madison and Granville Grant are buried in Jarnigan Cemetery at Morristown, TN. My e-mail is akmarbil@aol.com

W.H.Housley Book Posted on: 05 Aug 2000, by  warsi

Surnames > Housley

...Gems of Prose and Verse"by W.H. Housley a Farmer.Have any of you heard of the Book,or him?Checked Jarnigan Cemetary in nearby Hamblen Co.Tn.(I live in Greene Co. Tn.) and found a Thomas Madison Housley,G...

Re: Looking for Mary Sullivant Jarnigan Posted on: 18 Jun 2004, by  MelindaMassey...

Surnames > Sullivant

...Chesley pleasant Jarnigan's parents or Grandparents names? You See I am an Descendant of Captain Thomas Jarnigan And Mary Lavinia Witt, They had a son named Chesley Born abt. 1772 and a son named Pleasant B...

Re: Looking for Mary Sullivant Jarnigan Posted on: 25 Jan 2002, by paula mcclellan ledet

Surnames > Sullivant

Was she a full blood Cherokee Indian? Please email me--it might be the one as I have no info on her except she married Chesley Pleasant Jarnigan. Than you-paula

Re: Looking for Mary Sullivant Jarnigan Posted on: 22 Jun 2001, by  JUDYSULEPHEN

Surnames > Sullivant

I have a Mary Sullivant, born 1873 TN; found on 1880 Izard Co. Census with parents Samuel and Frances Sullivant......any connection? Judy: gladys@mvtel.net

Looking for Mary Sullivant Jarnigan Posted on: 07 Apr 2001, by Paula McClellan-Ledet

Surnames > Sullivant

Looking for info on my great-great grandmother,Mary Sullivant who married Chesley Pleasant Jarnigan and their daughter wass Eula Jarnigan who married Wm. Henry McClellan from Patmos(Hempstead county), Arkansas-please...

Belle Ruffner Jarnigan Posted on: 21 May 2000, by  VFerguso

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Roane

I have been told by my aunt that my greatgrandmother Belle Ruffner Jarnigan died in Roane County around May or June 1941. I know she is buried in Davis Cemetary in Morgan County. She was the daughter of Chris...

Holloway History Posted on: 13 Nov 1999, by Sidney Joe Holloway

Surnames > Holloway

...was James Robert Holloway 1838-1912. They moved from N.E. Texas to Oklahoma. Kinchen married Ora Bryon Jarnigan 1883-1970.

Thomas Butler Braziel Posted on: 21 Oct 2000, by David R. Braziel

Surnames > Braziel

...Tx. he was married to Elizabeth Goosby and had the following children: Nannie Braziel married Oscar Jarnigan W.M. Braziel born 10 may 1870 Alonzo Rapiness Braziel born 28 jan 1873 Nora Braziel John Braziel b...

Manning Posted on: 04 Jun 2000, by  VFerguso

Surnames > Manning

...Grandmother's family decended from the Estep's/Eastridge. I find it very interesting that you have a Jarnigan in your family. My Mother's grandfather was Spencer Jarnigan born in 1867, but that is all I know about hi...

Fancher/Mylers Posted on: 28 May 2000, by  LynnMarieFanc...

Surnames > Fancher

...brother. He moved to Carroll County Ark in 1838 with his mother and brother James. His mother Sarah Jarnigan Fancher died there in 1839 and Alexander died the next year in 1840. He was a verteran of the War o...

Manning Posted on: 04 Jun 2000, by  R_Rindler

Surnames > Manning

...etc). They finally moved to Ohio in the 1940's. Grandpa's sister, Martelia (Tillie) Manning married Ike Jarnigan. I have more info if they look like part of your family. I'm at grindler@donet.com

Martha Kifer Posted on: 12 Sep 2000, by  iamLilLuLu

Surnames > Kifer

Thank You , do you show where Martha married a Eli Jernigan / Jarnigan? I am trying ti feel the blanks in on Eli's son William , i know he is the son of Eli's first wife , But I like to have all family .

John Jarnigan B:abt 1820 Tn Posted on: 26 Oct 2006, by Barb Davis

Surnames > Jarnigan

John married Matilda Jane Devin 1845 Polk Co, Mo, need correct spelling of Jarnigan, his death and buried where? any info on children they had... will exchange info with you.

Joseph Jarnigan Pirkle Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by Marilyn

Surnames > Pirkle

Joe, here is what I have on your dad. I have his middle name as Jarnigan and not Jernnigan and his date of birth as 3 Dec. 1891 in Georgia and I see that you list dob as Dec. 2, 1891. I have dod as 1982 in La...

Joseph Jarnigan Pirkle Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by DJ Melton

Surnames > Pirkle

Hello; you are apparently my cousin and also the cousin of the lady in message #27 above. I am also descended from Sanford Taylor Pirkle through his first marriage to Vianna Hawkins. You are apparentl...

Descendants of: Posted on: 10 Jul 2000, by Patsy Finley Vinson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Fannin

We are looking for descendants of Melinda A. Finley daughter of Norris FINLEY who married #1 James JARNIGAN/JERNIGAN in Fannin Co. Tx. James died 28 Dec 1878. They had a son James/Jim who married Myrtle BARNE...

Re: Jarnigan surname Posted on: 03 Sep 2006, by Jere Pastore

Surnames > Jarnigan

I'm also researching the origin of Jarnigan. My grand father was Ray Jarnigan of Iowa, lived in southern California until his death in 1968. I did find some interesting information on the term Black Irish though. ...

Spencer Jarnagin Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by  VFerguso

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Hancock

I am trying to find information regarding Spencer Jarnagin/Jarnigan born in either Hancock or Grainger County around November, 1867. He married Belle Ruffner in Morgan County, TN and this is where they lived ...

CICERO AND MARGARETA BAQUET and the Lucas Genealogy Posted on: 04 Oct 2000, by  AdamAndEve000...

Surnames > Baquet

...county 17 Dec 1855 in which he names his wife as Mary, and his children as Susannah, Mary, wife of Eli Jarnigan; Nelson. Mari W. Spargur, Thomas, Joel L., Martha Keech, Mary A. Garrett, Cyrus H. and John W. F...

Re: Lea and Lee Posted on: 19 Jun 2004, by  MelindaMassey...

Surnames > Lea

Richard, The Hattie Shield you mention is unknown to me. But, my Records show that Captain Thomas Jarnigan Born 7/25/1746 Pittsylvania Co. Va. Died 2/6/1802 Jefferson Co. TN. and Mary Lavinia Witt Born 4/4...

Re: Lea and Lee Posted on: 18 Jun 2004, by Richard Muller

Surnames > Lea

...show that Noah was brother to Rhoda or Benjamin. I show that Rhoda and Benjamin's parent were Thomas Jarnigan died 1800 and Mary Witt died 1830. Noah's died 15 March 1849 parents were Thomas B. Jarnigan died 26 Feb 1...

Re: Lea and Lee Posted on: 18 Jun 2004, by  MelindaMassey...

Surnames > Lea

Hello Neva! Just in case no one knows, Major Lea Jr. & Rhoda Jarnigan, are buried in the Thomas Jarnigan Cemetery in Grainger Co. Tn. (Rutledge?). A distant cousin of mine recently sent me pictures of the ceme...

Fancher,Bynum,Jarnigan Posted on: 04 Sep 1999, by  LynnMarieFanc...

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Stokes

Looking for anyone who is doing research on the Bynum family, Trying to tie Sarah Jarnigan Fancher, daughter of a Mary Bynum to the Gray Bynum/MargaretHampton family. Family also tied to an Isaac Bynum. Can a...

NC ancestors Posted on: 20 Jun 2000, by Neva W. Kampfer

Surnames > Lea

...Daniel Boone to Cumberland Gap. MAJOR LEA b.~1775 killed by lightening in Jefferson Co. TN m.Rhonda Jarnigan dau of Thomas Jarnigan and Mary Witt (9 children; some changed spelling to Lee.) CASWELL LEE b.25Aug1812 m....

per page