Search the Boards

Search Results for "GILES" - 48,127 Messages

per page

Re: Origin of Brinson family name Posted on: 20 Feb 2004, by  @@d.brimson@v...

Surnames > Brinson

...Brempstones I537 FF, (otherwyse Bremsons) 1547 HarlR, (modo voc Brempsons) 1554 Ct, and formerly belonged to Giles de Bryaunzoun (1317 FF). Cf. Brimstone Hill supra 204. http://freespace.virgin.net/d.brims...

Re: Goats Posted on: 01 Apr 2002, by  lisapritchard...

Surnames > Goats

Looking for Susan Goats daughter of George & Elizabeth Goats of Giles County, TN. Any help would be appreciated.

Giles Solomon Posted on: 17 Dec 1999, by Gloria Hill

Surnames > Solomon

I'm looking for info on Giles Solomon, b. abt. 1833 in TN. In 1854, Barry Co., MO, he married Anjaline Medlin. They showed up on the 1860 Benton Co., AR, census with children Sarah, Mary, Nancy, and John S...

Tax list for 1679 in Henrico Co., Virginia Posted on: 04 Mar 2001, by  donald234

Surnames > Blankenship

...------------------ Lewis Watkins 1 Tho Holmes 1 Mr. Richardd Cocke 5 Sally Indian 1 Captn Wm Randolph 5 Giles Carter 6 44 John Aust 2 Mr. Ben Hatcher is ordered Thomas Cocke 8 John Gunter 2 William Humphre...

PARKER & TURMAN LINES Posted on: 21 Apr 2000, by Roy L. Stevens

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Hickman

...was dau of Peter & Catherine Gordy...Rebecca Turman was born 1780 in GA dau of Garrett and Mary Giles Turman. Garrett vet of Rev. War. was son of George and Elizabeth Higgenbotham Turman of Elbert Co G...

Giles Young of Georgia Posted on: 25 Apr 2000, by  ppope9581

Surnames > Young

They my be kin. I have just got stared on the Young,s family. I will let you know more as I go. You can email me at UserPat8527@cs.com Thank's Patricia

Mississippi Baskin Family Posted on: 02 Mar 2001, by CoShun Baskin

Surnames > Baskin

...(Dead) Mary Baskin (died in June or July of 1979) Mosella Baskin (Living) Ralph was married to Rosie Giles. My grandfather was killed in an accident at Chicago Mill in Greenville, MS on May 6,1963. If a...

Canadian Burnhams Posted on: 18 Aug 1999, by S. Denton

Surnames > Burnham

Unknown if he is related but Thomas Burnham Married to a Catherine Smith in Canada had a son Giles who immigrated to NY to a town called Milo and there Married a Mary L Couch Lynn they had a child william ...

Fleetwood Family Posted on: 16 Jun 2000, by Kris Fleetwood

Surnames > Fleetwood

All of the following information comes from one of the Burke's texts (I think Burke's Extinct Peerage and Baronetage.) Note: s. means succeeded, M.P. means Member of Parliament, d. means died, m. mean...

Jack Willliams Posted on: 30 Apr 2000, by Don Williams

Surnames > Williams

Brian, The Williams Family from Giles Co.VA moved to present day Boone CO. WV. Some of the descendants moved up to Ambridge PA. and surrounding areas to work in the Steel business. I don't think I can make...

Re: Moses Willis 1794/1838 TN Posted on: 25 Feb 2005, by  tunnelm1

Surnames > Willis

My records (provided by another long-time Davidson researcher) show that Levinia Davidson married William Willis in Patrick County, VA on 13 December 1795. Levinia was the daughter of David Davidson....

Re: Meeting Hazelgrove's from the UK Posted on: 05 Jul 2002, by Giles Hazelgrove

Surnames > Hazelgrove

...wife _ my Grandmother -was Winifred and she had sisters -Olive and Grace. Good luck in your search giles

goates Posted on: 18 Nov 2000, by patsy

Surnames > Goats

Pam My husband's family is from Giles, Tn. Some of the names are not the same as yours. Please e-mail and see if we connect. Thanks Patsy. pgoates@hotmail.com

James Appleton Posted on: 21 May 1999, by Jayne

Surnames > Appleton

...Blackburn. Their son, Abraham Marshall Appleton (1808-1892) married Mary Hortensy Parr, lived and doed om Giles Co., Tennessee.

Charles P. Jones and Lavina Railsback Posted on: 29 Apr 2000, by ann marie galloway

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Monroe

...jones, b.8/1860, Monroe co and Died 1957 in Des Moines, buried in oak View cem. Monroe Co, married Ida Giles, 5/...

Kaney-Renew Toole-Sprawls Posted on: 30 Apr 2000, by Betty Toole Goff

Surnames > Kaney

I AM INTERESTED IN ANY INFORMATION ON jAMES pATRICK kANEY, cAROLINE rENEW gILES fRANKLIN tOOLE AND sARAH aDALINE 'ADDIE' sPRAWLS. mY GRANDPARENTS WERE gILES FRANKLIN TOOLE AND JANEY TERESA KANEY. MY FATHER WAS ...

Richard John Doud Posted on: 17 Mar 2001, by Jeanne Giles

Surnames > Doud

I purchased a scrap book several years ago. It has the name of Richard John Doud and a picture of him when he was approx. 2 or 3. Just curious about the history of this scrap book. I purchased the scr...

Isaac E. Conley Posted on: 11 Apr 2000, by Vicky Conley Hayner

Surnames > McDonald

Are you talking about the Isaac E. Conley from Giles, County Virginia. He had several children by the names of Joseph, Bernard,Lakie, Flora, Arthur. If so contact me.

Re: Andrew and George Sutton - Arkansas and Oklahoma Posted on: 15 Dec 2002, by bill sutton

Surnames > Sutton

...mark after the date of birth of george w sutton . i have a george w sutton , born nov. 3 1873. , in giles county, tenn....father , hiram sutton... mother anna sutton... hiram had two wifes and many c...

Jason, Jason Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by Doreen Giles

Surnames > Falls

I think that's terrific. But our blood line of Falls's were traced back to Ireland. The main road into Ireland is Falls Road. See ya.

Re: john and nancy ferguson of lincoln/giles county , tn. Posted on: 07 Feb 2002, by alice holder

Surnames > Ferguson

...am not sure if he was related to them---we are still trying to berify who his wife was--he was from giles county, tn. and married a nancy. He was born around 1850 in alabama. he married on or around 1867...

John White, Rebecca Cathey - Rev Pension Info Posted on: 07 Feb 2002, by  allpeas

Surnames > White

...Hardin Co TN for SURVIVING children; Samuel & Andrew White both of Henderson Co TN, James White of Giles Co TN, Benjamin White of the state of TX, George White of the state of MO, Polly Obelsby (reall...

Joshua White Posted on: 05 Apr 2004, by Dale Minton

Surnames > White

I am looking for any info on Joshua White born appx. 1824 in Giles County, Virginia. He married Nancy Poston from Russell County, VA. Their children were George, John (my great grandfather), Serrilda, Ha...

Re: Meeting Hazelgrove's from the UK Posted on: 30 Jun 2002, by Giles Hazelgrove

Surnames > Hazelgrove

...and Hove. Did your Grandfather have any brothers and if so, was one called Charles or Chas ? Yours, Giles

Re: john and nancy ferguson of lincoln/giles county , tn. Posted on: 06 Feb 2002, by  @@Pabell39@ao...

Surnames > Ferguson

Is John related to Henderson Ferguson, Jr? or his wife Malinda Ramer? My Ferguson Family were in Giles County in the 1800's and the Ramer Family in McNairy County.

Re: Giles & Rosilla Van Riper - Sussex Co., NJ Posted on: 07 Aug 2006, by  C. Collins

Surnames > Van Riper

Hello Am serching for info on Edmund Van Riper bn in Pa in 1850 married a Catherine Vanderhoof who was bn in NJ in 1852 thier daughter Ada was my g-grandma His mother's first name was Elizabeth re V...

john and nancy ferguson of lincoln/giles county , tn. Posted on: 04 Feb 2002, by  alicechatt1

Surnames > Ferguson

looking for info on John and Nancy Ferguson of lincoln county, tn. children--Alf/ Roy/ Jannie/ Earl/ Maggie/ Bina/Laura(loura)/ Tom. married in 1867? Jannie Ferguson Simms is my grandmother.

Mildred Crawford Posted on: 08 Mar 2000, by Rose Perry

Surnames > Crawford

I am looking for information on my grandmother Mildred Crawford, born Aug.5,1884 in Giles.WV.Her parents were Erasmus Stribling Mildred Sims Crawford. Please e-mail me at rmperry@frognet.net if you have a...

Giles & Rosilla Van Riper - Sussex Co., NJ Posted on: 20 Apr 2002, by Rowena

Surnames > Van Riper

Giles Van Riper and family listed in 1830, 1840, 1850 Sussex Co. NJ Wantage Federal Census Index for NJ. Listed as: Giles Van Riper b. 1808 NJ Rosilla "Zilla"---- b. 1807 NJ Children: Frederick Van ...

Re: Speight's of Speight's Bridge, Greene Co., N.C. Posted on: 19 Apr 2003, by  suecullen_1

Surnames > Speight

...about his family but do have a list of names relating to three generations. The names include Thomas ,Giles, and others,I would like to link them does anyone have a full ancestral history of the named fami...

Lambert/Burdett Posted on: 27 Apr 2000, by Donna

Surnames > Burdette

James, s/o John Lydia Curry Burdett, grand son of Giles Sarah Dunbar Burdett and possible grt grandson of John Elizabeth "Betsy" Burdett. 1 James Harvey Burdett b: 10 Oct 1821 in Greenbrier...

Giles Family in Texas Posted on: 20 Apr 2000, by Naomi (Giles) Goins

Surnames > Giles

I am trying to find information on the Giles family in Texas. My dad is Mike Giles born to William Jennings Giles and Mildred Collins. Some of William's brothers and sisters were J. Moses; Robert; Clyde; Van; Edna(Giles)...

Scotch or Irish Posted on: 01 Jun 2000, by Doreen Giles (Falls)

Surnames > Falls

Definitely, the Falls Name originated out of Ireland. Doreen Giles (Falls) in Ontario, Canada.

Goats Have Expanded Posted on: 24 Apr 2000, by Cecilia

Surnames > Goats

...sisters, and can get the information on others if that is needed, much of the family still lives in the Giles Co area. Nathan and Bobby Gene are my great uncles and currently live in Cleveland. Mandy Beets...

Re: Falvey vs Falsey?? Posted on: 17 Apr 2004, by  DorothyHeselt...

Surnames > Falvey

...Married and Died in Middlesbrough was told he was born in London the only one i have found is in st Giles in Fields is called Chas Falvey age 1year old,Brother named Jno Falvey age 3 years old john falvey...

Goats/ Giles Pulaski Posted on: 24 Apr 2000, by  pamcmathis

Surnames > Goats

Cecilia, They may be connected. My mother's grandfather was Thomas Britton Goats of Giles County in 1855-1930. His son was Lee Roy Goats(1889-1941) who married Effie Maude Beets, Daughter of William Beets ...

Re: Nellie Gray Akers Posted on: 12 Jun 2004, by  Carol Clemmer

Surnames > Bowling

Here is what I have on Rumberg/Rumburg/Akers. I would appreciate hearing from you. . . . Descendants of Rumburg Generation No. 1 1. RUMBURG1 He married MARIA ELIZABETH UNK.. She was born 1825....

Giles, Robert Lee Posted on: 27 Apr 2000, by  Irene Marquar...

Surnames > Giles

He lived lat 1800s to @1919, in Va and WVA md. Hannah Rebecca Van Alden. Several children--Rose, Bessie, William, Eddie, Lemuel.Reply to gimarq@aol.com

Giles Bradford (1814-98) Posted on: 01 Jul 2005, by Joe Elmore

Surnames > Bradford

Giles Bradford, my great-grandfather, was born in SC on 1/15/1814 and died in Putnam County, TN, 3/171898. The 1860 U.S. census for Gilmer County, GA, shows him living there near a Joseph Bradford of the ...

Re: Falvey vs Falsey?? Posted on: 17 Apr 2004, by  DorothyHeselt...

Surnames > Falvey

...Married and Died in Middlesbrough was told he was born in London the only one i have found is in st Giles in Fields is called Chas Falvey age 1year old,Brother named Jno Falvey age 3 years old john falvey...

goats mid TN Posted on: 23 Apr 2000, by Cecilia

Surnames > Goats

I dont know specifically the goats you were mentioning but my mothers family was the Goats of Giles CO and rosehill/pulaski TN, for more specific records you might look in that area, and if you find any in...

Brother and or sister of the late Eddie L Giles. Posted on: 22 Apr 2000, by Gloria Giles Buggs

Surnames > Giles

Looking for sisters and or brothers of the late Eddie L Giles of Sparkman Arkansas-Kansas City Mo Would like to here from you. Your half Sister in camden Arkansas. Can be email AT Cookie@arkansas.net

Laura Adeline Shurtleff Savage Posted on: 14 Oct 2000, by  sliders8948

Surnames > Shurtleff

Hi Monica: Laura Adeline Shurtleff's parents were Giles Shurtleff, born in Granthan, Sullivan, New Hampshire and Laura Marsh, born around 1802 in Cavendish, Windsor, Vermont. Giles is a descendant of William S...

Re: Sparkman Bowen Lofton Posted on: 27 Jun 2001, by  JCOLLIN1

Surnames > Loftin

...Loftin is buried in Union Missionary Baptist Church Cemetary in Colquitt, Miller Co., GA. His Brother Giles O. Lofton and his family are buried in the Colquit City Cemetery, Miller Co., Ga. I am descende...

Stroud McCormack m. Tasy Glaze, lived AL Posted on: 16 Aug 2002, by Janice Gooch

Surnames > McCormack

...in Limestone Co., Al 1828. He was married to Tasy Glaze and when he died she married Wm. Tennery in Giles Co., Tn. I find Wm. Tennery became guardian of the minor children of Stroud McCormack.I have no ide...

Re: Bettie or Elizabeth White born abt 1819 in Va. Posted on: 19 Dec 2005, by  CRoweJr

Surnames > White

...same areas as your White family. Some places I have for them are Culpepper Co., Va; Botetourt Co., Va; Giles Co., Va; Wayne Co., Va(now West Virginia); Floyd Co., Ky; Pike Co., Ky. From there they spread l...

Re: Simpkins in Devizes 1860's-1870's Posted on: 28 Dec 2001, by  Dredge27

Surnames > Simpkins

...only had one son Henry James born 1898/9 and they lived in Box Wiltshire. The one I am looking for was Giles who died in Devizes in 1872, I know he had one son (Giles born Box) and 4 daughters (Mary born Box, ...

Willcocksons: Tenn>Tex>Ark>Tex>Ark Posted on: 11 Oct 1999, by T.W. Willcockson

Surnames > Wilcoxson

Looking for info on William Willcockson. Married Mary Rose in middle Tenn (Probably Giles Co.). Farmed there until 1850. Moved to Tx--lived to 1853--moved to Greene Co. Ark--Moved back to Tx in 1857. Mary ...

Re: Bass Coat of Arms Posted on: 29 Jun 2004, by Becky BASS Gallimore

Surnames > Bass

Catherine: Hello cousin! Walter W. Bass was born July 2, 1846 in Nashville, Giles Co, Tenn. He died July 23, 1935 in Roswell, Chaves Co, NM. He was married to Julia Rodgers Adams. Her first husband die...

Martha S Gibson m. Winfield Scott Collier - TN & AL Posted on: 22 Jul 2004, by  Brenda Mynes

Surnames > Gibson

...Gibson married to Winfield Scott Collier. They lived mostly in Mt Hope , Alabama. Winfield born in giles Co., Tenn and Martha in Alabama according to census , Thanks

per page