Search the Boards

Search Results for "CACKOWSKI" - 89 Messages

per page

Costa Posted on: 09 Jun 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Costa

Hi Candy, No bother at all, searching for old family ties takes alot of questions with usually few answers. Unfortunately, Costa is very common, like Smith and can be from many backrounds besides Itia...

Costa Posted on: 09 Jun 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Costa

Hi Candy, sorry but I don't know of any Salvadore or Santo Costa or German blood in my line, Sicilian Only.

Agatino Costa, Palermo, Sicily Posted on: 06 May 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Costa

My Ggf Agatino Costa 1881-1940 m.Maria Santa Macaluso 1884-1942, also of Palermo. Came to US abt 1905 and had four children from 1905-1912. Believe they were married in Sicily as oldest child was born...

Cackowscy - Lipno Posted on: 09 May 2006, by Cackowski Grzegorz

Surnames > Cackowski

My grandfather is also from Lipno - Franciszek Cackowski (his wive Krajenska -?). They have very interesting and romantic history.

Cackowski - Poland to PA Update Posted on: 25 Jul 2004, by  Leon_Cackowsk...

Surnames > Cackowski

Since my original posting, I've learned the following. My GGF Leon Czaczkowski was born in Ske~pe Parish, Lipno area of Russian Poland, a little town of Wolka on 12/3/1858 to Walenty C. and Balbina Ma...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 13 Mar 2002, by Barbara Cackoski

Surnames > Cackowski

Nan, My father-in-law's name was Michael. I only knew about this one brother who's picture I saw. He was born on 26th of October, 1886, in Biolystok, Poland-Russia. Came on the Kaiser Wilhelm in 19...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 13 Mar 2002, by  ncahill1

Surnames > Cackowski

Barbara, What is your father-in-laws first name?My grandfather John Czaczkowski came here with a brother - the family does not know what became of him or his family.He was one of 4 brothers. Two staye...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 11 Mar 2002, by  cackoski

Surnames > Cackowski

My father-in-law Americanized name was Cackoski, the original name was Czaczkowski. He came from Okrasen, in the Province of Biolystok in Poland. He arrived in New York on 10/8/1908 on the vessel Ka...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 12 Aug 2003, by Judy P

Surnames > Cackowski

...wrote last night,but I was thinking that you might be my cousin.My grandmother who had the madien name cackowski was named Anna S( for Stacia) first married name was Kazmeraski. Her second married name was Da...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 12 Aug 2003, by Judy

Surnames > Cackowski

This is for Gene. My grandmother's madien name was Cackowski. My father was born in Brandenville,and he had uncles Louie,Marcus and Teddy. My great grandfather's name was Mario Cackowski. They lived for a time in Latro...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 27 Feb 2003, by Gene Cawoski

Surnames > Cackowski

...dad Zigmont. My dad and uncle Ted changed the spelling to Cawoski, uncles Louie and Marcus retained Cackowski. There were sisters but for the life of me I can't remember them, it's embarassing to say but I a...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 01 Mar 2002, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Cackowski

We must be similar in age, my father was born in 1921. Let me know if you get any info from your father. You can e-mail me direct. LCackowski@aol.com

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 01 Mar 2002, by Helen Chin

Surnames > Cackowski

I must be a generation past the one you're looking for - my dad was born in 1917 - gmother Mary passed away when I was about 6 or so (~1971). Common names really suck! I'll have to call my dad (Slic...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 28 Feb 2002, by Helen Chin

Surnames > Cackowski

Hi! My maiden name is Cackowoski, but pretty sure we're related. My dad (Joseph) is from Bradenville PA and if I'm not mistaken his dad (my gfather, who I never met) was Leon. There are many spelli...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 08 Oct 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Cackowski

Thanks, I'll check with my father on the spelling. Don't give up, it's worth it in the end. My GGfather had his name changed to Sanski when he started working for the B&O RR.

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 04 Oct 2001, by  ncahill1

Surnames > Cackowski

...tried to make the name easier for Americans to pronounce.At this point the family uses the spelling cackowski and many of the folks in nj are my relatives but on my mothers birth certificate it was spelled cac...

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 03 Oct 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Cackowski

Do you know of any relatives from PA? I haven't been able to locate info yet on my Greatgrandfather's brothers.

Re: Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 02 Oct 2001, by  ncahill1

Surnames > Cackowski

my gfather's name was john - he was from the bialystock region of poland. he settled in the camden nj area and was killed at a very young age - he had several brothers all lost to follow up- the corre...

Cackowski - Poland to PA Posted on: 25 May 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Cackowski

My Ggrandfather had two brothers, Matthew and Frank who settled in Shenadoah,Pa. I'm told they had large families, one of whom lived in Brooklyn and may have changed his name to Cooney. Need all info ...

Genealogy Information Posted on: 31 Jul 2000, by Elinor Cackowski

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Ontario

Looking for information on the BROWN family from Victor, Ontario County, NY. John BROWN, b.12/16/1831 Cork, Ireland. Emmigrated to U.S.A. and Victor, NY via Canada ca.1851 married Margaret HEFFERNAN (...

MANGOLD D.Certificate Posted on: 31 Jul 2000, by Elinor Cackowski

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Ontario

Re: where to look for death records for Henry MANGOLD. First try getting in touch with the registrar of vital statistics in the town you think he may have died in Ontario County, New York (? Phelps in...

Re: Mellers from Gojsk(Sierpc), Poland Posted on: 13 Oct 2004, by  JDupon85

Surnames > Meller

I am currently working on a project extracting marriage records for the parish of Gojsk. Please let me know if you would like for me to look up any surnames/records of interest.

Re: Kopycinski/Slawinski descendants-->Jersey City Posted on: 18 Sep 2007, by  JDupon85

Surnames > Kopycinski

Details about the Kopycinski, Sl~awinski, Cackowski families in your ancestry are available @: http://www.jwdupon.net/genealogy/wc29/wc29_280.htm

Re: Kobrzevetz Posted on: 17 Dec 2007, by  lcackowski160

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

My family name is Cackowski. They came generally from the Gojsk and Skepe parishes. The maternal side I am looking for is Kowalski, a fairly common name. the siblings are Frank, Katarzyna, Julia and Emilia and...

John Anthony Rennie Posted on: 06 Oct 2008, by  cantorjoeocho

Topics > Obituaries (2)

...Rennie of Newport Beach, CA; Cecil Ryan Gaddy of Colorado Springs, CO; and Katlin (Gaddy) and Daniel Cackowski of Killeen, TX; great-grand children- Harmony, Ian, Kaleigh and Dominic; many beloved friends and ...

Re: Kedzierski Posted on: 15 Oct 2008, by  brug74

Surnames > Kedzierski

...Registration Record), and Puszkar (acording to the marrige certificate). I saw in your repley the name of Cackowski, could it be the same name Charkowski and Cackowski? I remember that my mother once said that she had...

Re: Kedzierski Posted on: 08 Oct 2008, by  maxdoppke

Surnames > Kedzierski

...name was Janina Kedzierska and she was born in Hamtramck, Michigan to Antoni and Czeslawa Kedzierski (Cackowski?). I know my grandfather had family in Poland because I remember sending packages there during t...

Obituary Notes for February 11, 2007 Posted on: 04 Aug 2008, by  reberkheiser

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > St > Joseph

...Tidbits Project Monday, August 4, 2008 "South Bend Tribune", February 11, 2007 Martina L. Cackowski Dec. 28, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2007 William P. "Bud" Cummings Feb. 9, 2007 Thomas A....

PIETROSKI, Edward A., 1921-2010 Posted on: 13 Feb 2010, by  Dalice

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > EasternPa

February 10, 2010 Edward A. Pietroski, 89, of White Haven, entered into Eternal Rest on Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010, at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Plains Township. Born in South Side Pitts...

Re: Cackowski - Czaczkowski Posted on: 24 Sep 2010, by  ZBeca

Surnames > Cackowski

It would seem that CACKOWSKI as well as CZACZKOWSKI spelling exist in Poland. http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/cackowski.html http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/czaczkowski.html

Ryan.)Charles E. Matusak, 89,born,in Greensburg, a son of the late Michael W. and Margaret (Ryan) Matusak. Posted on: 05 May 2011, by  KENNELLYMARKA

Surnames > Ryan

...Leanne, of Derry, and Blaine E. Matusak and wife, Paula, of Derry Township; one daughter, Maureen M. Cackowski and husband, Vincent Tobe , of Derry Township; nine grandchildren, Amanda McCarthy and husband, Mi...

Constance Woodel, age 86, of Erie ,pa,daughter of Konstanty and Kataryzyna Halupczynski. Posted on: 27 Nov 2011, by  KENNELLYMARKA

Surnames > Woodel

...Constance was preceded in death by her husband, Albert D. Woodel, along with sisters; Rose Boni, Mary Cackowski, Pauline Carter, Ethel Wozniak and Theresa Garland and two brothers Gus and Anthony Halupczynski....

Walter H. Cackowski in San Angelo, TX 1942 Posted on: 16 Jul 2011, by  drbrownlee

Surnames > Cackowski

Walter is pictured in the 1942 yearbook of the San Angelo (TX) Army Air Field, Bombardier School. I'm not kin but thought his might help someone researching the family.

Cackowska in Jersey City Posted on: 05 May 2012, by  Marty Sliwick...

Surnames > Cackowski

Looking for Frances Cackowska in Jersey City. Mrried to Frances Piatkowski, mother of Mary Piatkowski. Came to US in 1890. Looking for immigration record or other connections

Re: Surname "Cackowski" from Plotz...... Posted on: 23 Feb 2013, by  ZlaticaBeca

http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en&miejscowosc=plock&gmina=&wojewodztwo_id=0&wyznanie_id=0&rodzajaktu_id=0&search=search www.rootsweb.com/~polwgw/index.html ht...

Re: Surname "Cackowski" from Plotz...... Posted on: 23 Feb 2013, by  jwdupon

The location is probably Płock which is pronounced "Pwotsk". I have numerous Cackowski individuals in my database, most from the Gojsk parish. Some are listed at: http://www.jwdupon.net/genealogy/p...

Surname "Cackowski" from Plotz...... Posted on: 22 Feb 2013, by  smithnyc26

My great grandmother emigrated to the U.S in 1888 from Plotz, Poland..Can someone tell me where would I write to try and obtain family records? Thank you, Linda smith_nyc@yahoo.com

Re: Surname "Cackowski" from Plotz...... Posted on: 23 Feb 2013, by  smithnyc26

Thank you so much for the information you sent me. I'm sure it will take me a few days to go through this. I wish I had my great grandmothers parents last name but I will gladly go through this. Is i...

San Angelo Army Air Field Bombardier School 1942 Posted on: 09 Feb 2015, by  drbrownlee

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Tom Green

San Angelo Army Air Field, Bombardier School, 1942 The following individual are pictured in the yearbook of the Bombardier School at San Angelo Army Air Field in San Angelo, Texas. They are listed i...

Julia Kowalski Genko - CT Posted on: 25 May 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Genko

Julia was sister of Frank Kowalski, Catherine Cackowski (aka Sanski)and Emelia (Nellie)Yashenski. She lived in Torrington, CT. I have no data on her other than her married name. She was my fathers godmother an...

Yashenski - Terryville, CT Posted on: 07 Jun 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Yashenski

Emelia (Nellie) and William Yashenski (Boleslaw Jasienieki) had six children. Alice Schultz, Mary Ann Olsen, Gertrude, never married, Virginia Morelli, Florence Kaczypennski and Arthur (Archie). Nelli...

Relatives Posted on: 10 Jun 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Kopycinski

Thanks for the quick response Janet. I was hoping for a match since I know very little about my GGF's siblings. If any of the names I mentioned happen to connect, please e-mail me at lcackowski@aol.co...

Cackowski - Shenadoah area Posted on: 09 Jun 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Unknown

My GGf had two brothers, Matthew and Frank, Came freom Poland and settled PA and I believe had large families. We're talking late 1880's. They also had a sister Mary Kopycienski with about 6 boys and ...

Nick Macaluso Philadelphia area Posted on: 12 Jun 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Macaluso

Nick (Nicolo?)came to USA about 1905 +\- from Palermo, Sicily with his sister Maria Santa and her husband Agatino Costa. Nick had a son Nick and I believe Nick Sr. may have been married twice.

Mary Cackowski Kopycienski Posted on: 12 Jun 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Kopycinski

Mary lived in Jersey City, NJ. She had three brothers, Matthew and Frank Cackowski who settled in Shenadoah, PA and had large families I'm told. She also had a brother Leon (aka Sanski) 1857-1932, who lived in...

Kopycienski Posted on: 10 Jun 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Kopycinski

Hi Janet, you mentioned a Benny and Joseph in your line. My Ggfather had a sister Mary Cackowski married a Kopycienski and had about 9 0r 10 children. Let me know if the following makes sense in regards to you...

Re: Mary Cackowski Kopycienski Posted on: 23 Nov 2001, by joyce grimstad

Surnames > Kopycinski

so glad you still search this site. i came upon it through my brother. how exciting. your greatgrandfather was my great uncle. i remember a little of my grandmother mary but she died in the early 50's...

Re: Mary Cackowski Kopycienski Posted on: 23 Nov 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Kopycinski

Thanks Joyce for responding. It does seem we are related. My great grandfather was Leon Cackowski, Mary's brother. His name was changed to Sansky when he went to work for B&O RR because his employers foun...

Re: Mary Cackowski Kopycienski Posted on: 26 Nov 2001, by joyce grimstad

Surnames > Kopycinski

hi leon, glad to hear from you. wish i could access you list but web tv won't let me. you can send the list to my daughter kim at kcarrino@prodigy.net. she has a computer and printer. i am compiling a...

Re: Mary Cackowski Kopycienski Posted on: 25 Nov 2001, by Leon Cackowski

Surnames > Kopycinski

I'm going to send you a family list to your e-mail address. Let me know if you receive it ok.

per page