Search the Boards

Search Results for "ARIDAS" - 21 Messages

per page

british-canadian terretts Posted on: 15 Feb 2000, by alison terrett aridas

Surnames > Terrett

I dont know how far back you arelooking but it is my understanding that my great uncle alex terrett's children moved to canada from england. Alex was born 1927,died 1987 could he be some relation???

Re: Chakalakis/Tsakalakis/Placokefalos Posted on: 02 Jan 2008, by  CPetranek

Localities > Eastern Europe > Greece > General

Victoria, Please contact me regarding the Hios surname that you are researching. There is a Hios family from Brooklyn that is somehow related to my mother's family (Papagianakos). I would like to comp...

Victoria, Please contact me regarding the Hios surname that you are researching. There is a Hios family from Brooklyn that is somehow related to my mother's family (Papagianakos). I would like to comp...

Re: Need help with Greek ancestors Posted on: 15 Oct 2008, by  Carol Kostako...

Hi, My name is Carol Kostakos Petranek - I also have family connections to Kanakakos, Panagakos and Trianafillas! My families are from villages in Sparta - their descendants emigrated to New York City...

Re: Tsigakos from Mani Posted on: 17 Oct 2008, by  Carol Kostako...

Hi, I also have family from Lakonia, and on a trip to Greece was told by an official in the Greek Archives that the "kos" suffix on a name means that the name did originate in Mani. This is ...

Re: Tsigakos from Mani Posted on: 17 Oct 2008, by  Carol Kostako...

Hi, I also have family from Lakonia, and on a trip to Greece was told by an official in the Greek Archives that the "kos" suffix on a name means that the name did originate in Mani. This is ...

GAK in Mani Posted on: 27 Mar 2009, by  CPetranek

Does anyone know if the G.A.K. (Greek Archives) has an office in Mani? I've written to their office in Sparta, and they have been so very helpful. I'm looking for information in the towns of Kotronas ...

Re: Kanakakis or Kanakis from Crete - Greece Posted on: 19 Jun 2009, by  CPetranek

...from Sikaraki, a village in Sparta -- Dimitrios Kanakakos born 1874, died 1942 - he married Elizabeth Aridas from Agios Ioannis (St Johns), Sparta. Their children were: Ioannis, Olga, Georgios, Niklaos and ...

Re: Need help with Greek locations Posted on: 21 Aug 2009, by  CPetranek

According to the Greek Gazetteer published by Lica Catsakis http://www.greekgenealogy.org/ there are 2 Skopelos: 1. Village: Skopelos; Dimos/Koinotis (Municipality/Community): Skopelou; Eparhia (Dis...

Re: THEODORE Surname Posted on: 20 Sep 2011, by  Carol Kostako...

Have you found them in the 1910 or 1920 US census? If so, it will tell you if they were born in the US or overseas; if overseas, where, and it lists their year of immigration and/or naturalization. If...

Re: Information Please Posted on: 27 May 2012, by  Carol Kostako...

Ami - I have Lucretia Liakakos who married Christos Papagiannakos from St. Johns, Sparta! I am finding Liakakos in some archival records of Sparta. Please email me at cgpetranek at gmail.com. I would ...

Re: surname Liacakos changed Lackos Posted on: 01 May 2012, by  Carol Kostako...

Liakakos is in my family. We need to connect - please email me directly. Carol Kostakos Petranek

Re: Michalakakos, Tsafatinos or Chafatinos Posted on: 13 Jan 2012, by  Carol Kostako...

...Michalakakos born abt 1912 in Agios Ioannis (St Johns), Sparta Greece. He was living with a member of my Aridas family. I learned from a collateral line relative that the "Aridas" name may have original...

Re: Londis, Lathopoulos, Sakelaridas, Panagakos from Anavryte-Sparta, need help with names Posted on: 14 Jul 2012, by  IoannidisC

...mother. Hence, my mother is Helen. A family in Ayios Ioannis (village below Anavryti) is surnamed Aridas.

Friends' Condolences A-K Posted on: 07 Jul 2003, by  Alan_Wildbloo...

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Berlin Stadt > General

Der Tagesspiegel, Berlin, Germany, July 6, 2003 Karin Aridas-Sarantis, Gerald Blomeyer, Wolfgang Brandt, Sylvia Brückner, Timo Car, Anita Coelle-Lück, Renate Czarski, Anne Damrat, Frank-Axel...

Re: Finding Family Posted on: 26 Nov 2003, by  CPetranek

Regarding a Linardakis family from Vordonia, I had been married to Peter Lynard whose family is from Washington, DC (his father's name was George Lynard/Linardakis from Vordonia, and his mother was Ch...

Pappas from Sparta Posted on: 07 Apr 2004, by  CPetranek

What is the full surname of the Pappas family? My grandfather was Louis "Pappas" from the Papagianakos line from St. Johns, Sparta. His father was Peter Papapagianakos, but I don't have a bi...

Leftists' Condolences S-S Posted on: 18 Aug 2004, by  Alan_Wildbloo...

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Berlin Stadt > General

Berliner Zeitung, Berlin, Germany, August 14, 2004 Andreas Matthae Mourned by Berlin Leftists: Karin Sarantis-Aridas, Peter Schink, Steffen Schubert, Swen Schulz, Peter Schuster, Fabian Schmitz, Mich...

Families in Lakonia Posted on: 07 Apr 2005, by  CPetranek

...Sparta) in the Peloponnese. They have the following surnames: KOSTAKOS from Agios Ioannis (St Johns) ARIDAS from Agios Ioannis (St Johns) PAPAGIAKANOS from Agios Ioannis (St Johns) EFTAXAS OR EUTAXIOS from...

Re: NAME OF VILLAGE - LIHAS Posted on: 29 Jun 2005, by  Carol Kostako...

Cassandra, There is a Greek Gazetteer that has been published by Lica Catsakis and is available for purchase from her website, www.licacatsakis.com. It lists both the old and the new names of every vi...

per page