Search the Boards

Search Results for "ALAJOS" - 54 Messages

per page

FIRST NAMES Posted on: 06 Sep 2005, by  Robert Macek

Topics > Name Origins

What is the origin of the Lajos and Frantiska. Also is said like Franciska and Alajos

Re: Translation to English needed! Posted on: 13 Mar 2008, by  asperula

Localities > Central Europe > Hungary > General

Sorry for my poor Hungarian. I'm looking for the descendants of Adolf Steiner (1825-1892) and his sons Alajos S. and Sandor S. from the village Tápióbicske. Adolf Steiner had 3 daughters as well: ...

Translation to English needed! Posted on: 13 Mar 2008, by  yehoota2

...you! Bocsanant a rossz magyaromat. Keresek leszarmazotjat Adof Steinernek (1825-1892) es a fiainak Alajos es Sandor, Tapiobicskeröl. Steiner Adolfnak meg volt 3 lanya Katalin ( Grosz Ignazne - Kecsk...

Re: LACKO, LACZKO, DERER Posted on: 01 Jul 2008, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Slovakia > General

...Lacko, Johann Skleno, Cz.Slov. Lacko, Maty Skleno, Cz.Slov. Lacko, Pawel Skleno, Cz.Slov. Laczko, Alajos Skleno, Hungary Laeztro, Ferenez Sklenos Lecko, Jan Skleno, Cz.Slov. Lecko, Josef Skleno, Cz.Sl...

John Masirevics Family Posted on: 29 Dec 2000, by Carol

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > General

...Miklos Masirevics had two witness at his wedding they were John Brunner a sheperd from Erd in Fejer and Alajos hepp and assembler from Budapest.They were married on Nov 27th 1898. Miklos came to the US and ...

Re: Ferenc Antalics & Erzsebet Kurdi Posted on: 30 Jul 2010, by  Mária Grüll-G...

Surnames > Antalics

...children were born to him: 1. József Gaál died young. the husband of 2. Katalin of Somogy Alajos Gódán. I will continue the enumeration, dátomukat i can't.

Re: Keczöl, Nemeth, Krizsán, Zean, Szalay, Sualay, Nagy, Toth, Farkas Posted on: 03 May 2011, by  GeCube

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > Provinces > Burgenland

...and have a photo of the grave Andorka Keczöl Szilvester, Bela & Maria (Hegyi) Keczöl, Alajos & Maira (Keczöl) Farkas. The parents of Szilvester true Ime and Agnes (Giczi) Keczöl...

Re: Alojz Struhar Posted on: 12 Dec 2010, by  Peter Nagy

Localities > Central Europe > Slovakia > Bratislava

...http://www.obeczohor.sk/index.php/zakladneinformacieoobci . There is a short biography of Alojz Struhar. The equivalents of Alojz are: Aloisius in Latin, Alajos in Hungarian, Alois in German, I do not know...

Re: kakuk family from vizslas Posted on: 29 Jan 2013, by  taltos017

Localities > Central Europe > Hungary > Nograd

...emigrated 1926 from Ostoras Borsod. There was a Janos Kakuk, born about 1902, emigrated 1927, with Alajos Kakuk. Here is the record for the last one. Chris

Re: Looking for Istvan cousins Posted on: 20 May 2013, by  uglikcsaladfa

Surnames > Istvan

Alois isn't a hungarian it is a german version.In hungary it call Alajos. Parabutsch's hungarian meaning is Paripás like Steed. Nowadays it's in Serbia as Ratkovo.

Re: kakuk family from vizslas Posted on: 28 Jan 2013, by  sherrywitt57

...Janos Kakuk coming in from Canada. Would you be so kind as to check those for me as I know that his son Alajos immigrated to Canada. thank you, Sherry

Re: kakuk family from vizslas Posted on: 29 Jan 2013, by  sherrywitt57

Thank you. Alajos is the correct one but Janos is not. Alajos was Janos' son. Alajos married in Hungary to Cecilia Kakuk (a different Kakuk family in Vizslas). They stayed in Cananda and I have contact with them. ...

Re: burnt records meme Posted on: 04 Jan 2014, by  Teresa Molsbe...

...Mare for the Reformed Church, I was told district 2 for great grandmother Iren Pongracz and her father Alajos. Her mother was a Boszormenyi from a near town. I wish we could take a trip there and look for e...

Re: Popper family roots Posted on: 11 Jan 2014, by  tepopper

Surnames > Popper

...eminent physicians who each received Austro-Hungarian knighthoods in the late 1800s, my great grandfather Alajos born in 1827 (also a hero in the 1848 revolution) and his older brother Joseph, who was the h...

Re: Vass, Bak & Pongracz families Posted on: 09 May 2014, by  Teresa Molsbe...

Localities > Central Europe > Hungary > Szabolcs-Szatmar-Bereg

...page, I hadn't seen anything that was about our family before but maybe in the new military info. I know Alajos Pongracz (ovari es szentmiklosi) served as a Capt and was with Kossuth when he went to Turkey ...

Re: Vilok (Tiszaujlak) Posted on: 16 Jan 2014, by  Teresa Molsbe...

Localities > Eastern Europe > Ukraine > Zakarpatska

...Pongracz ovari es szentmiklosi (hope I did that right) in 1882. Her mother came to live with them when Alajos died. Her funeral notice has the town Beregszasz (Berehove) so they may have left Tiszaujlak and...

Re: Weiszels of Budapest Posted on: 09 Dec 2013, by  crashd1q

...The parents of Bela Witzel and probably Carl (Karoly) Witzel were Janos Witzel and Maria Ravasz Bela Alajos Viczl BAPTISM 12 Nov 1873 Terézvárosi, Budapest, Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kis-Kun, Hungary M...

Looking for ancestors of Cecilia Kakuk, Alajos Kakuk, Janos Kakuk from Vizslas Hungary Posted on: 23 Oct 2013, by  cheryldrot

Surnames > Kakuk

...am researching my family history. My grandmothers name was Rozalia born to Cecilia Kakuk b. 1902 and Alajos Kakuk b1903 both in Vizslas.They immigrated to Canada in 1929. I still have many relatives in Viz...

Re: Looking for a Robert Babjak that came from Nagybittse, Hungary Posted on: 17 Feb 2015, by  ZlaticaBeca

Babjak, Agnesa W. Zittse 36 1869-1870 1906 Babjak, Alajos Bittse 18 1882-1883 1901 Drbjak, Anna Nagzborvic, Hungary 32 1874-1875 1907 [could be BABJAK] Balyak, Fero Nagybittse 23 1879-1880...

Re: birth record translation, please Posted on: 19 May 2016, by  JPmiaou

Date: 4th October Officiant: the same (Alajos [Aloysius] Dobos, assistant and teacher) Child: Mária, illegitimate Parents: --, Julianna Lopossi Religion: Cath. Status and occupation: multiply-fallen pe...

Re: Civil Registration - Marriage record translation Posted on: 12 Apr 2016, by  JPmiaou

...homemaker, Hernád-Vécse. Witnesses: Pál [Paul] Vasas, farmer, Göncz-Ruszka, age 36; Alajos [Aloisius] Kopcsó, farmer, Göncz-Ruszka, age 35, identity attested by Pál Vasas....

Re: TOBAR Posted on: 02 Feb 2016, by  ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Eastern Europe > Yugoslavia > General

...manifest? Was she Roman Catholic, Byzantine Catholic or Serbian Orthodox? arr. NY Ellis Island : Tobar, Alajos Nemesmilitres, Hungary 31 1875-1876 1907 Wrong manifest comes up for this individual. ...

Re: re:translation of the Hungarian firstnames Posted on: 25 Feb 2002, by Lajos Reich

...haven't been popular, "died" like girl's name. The Lajos is absolutely not the same like the Alajos. That is of the Aloise (for girls Heloise). The pronunce of Lajos is: Look, Are, York, Other, SH...

Re: FEJES BOGNAR Posted on: 01 Dec 2001, by  fritzkoe

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > Provinces > Burgenland

...spelling. However, there is no -né ending in German. Lajos translates to Ludwig, and the name Alajos translates to Alois, both probably Louis in French (and Lewis in English). The letter likely refe...

Re: SOMEBADY KNOWS ULICZKI FAMILY IN BUDAPEST? Posted on: 20 Nov 2001, by Beth Long

... Uliczki, Mihály, 2500 Esztergom, Martsa Alajos utca 5. , (33) 316 344, Uliczki, Antalné, ...

Re: Bukovina Hungarians Posted on: 20 May 2002, by Beth Long

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Bukovina

...Apparantly Terézia was the first wife, and the mother of three children. "Louis" must be Alajos, born August 22, 1889. Pál then married Veronika Orbán in 1894 and had nine more chi...

Re: Searching for Szent Marton (hlevezeg??) Posted on: 16 Oct 2002, by Tom

...wrong. Also I have a few questions if you can spare some time. My great-grandfather name is spelled ALAJOS. Is it a Hungarian name? If it is, is there an equivalent English/German name? Thank you. Regard...

Re: Kiss history - Duna Kility and Mihai, Antal Budapest Posted on: 28 Dec 2002, by  bukovina48

...county, and another (now called Duna-Kiliti) in Moson. Your grandfather's first name was most likely Alajos (rather than "Aljouse") Since there is a sister of your mother living in Budapest, I wo...

JOST - Alajos "Louis" 1876-?, Jozefa (Ropposch) 1884-?, Maria Jozefa 1905-?, Karl 1917-? Posted on: 06 Feb 2003, by K. Lehrner

Surnames > Jost

I'm searching for the family of Alajos (possibly used Louis) JOST and Jozefa (ROPPOSCH) JOST. They both came from Minihof, Austria in the Burgenland province. Alajos is the son of Matyas JOST and Maria BAUER. ...

TÜKÖRY (algyesti TUKORY) - Search for descendants Posted on: 09 Jan 2003, by T.F. Boettger

...1st Prince Bariatinsky - http://www.geocities.com/tfboettger/bariatinsky/ Algyesti Tüköry Alajos (Tüköry de Algyest), * Budapest 10 Apr. 1854, + Budapest 18 Apr. 1903, son of algyesti T...

Re: Searching for Szent Marton (hlevezeg??) Posted on: 16 Oct 2002, by Lajos Reich

...because by this trail I can send you also the authentic Parish Center's address too. By the way the Alajos is used in Hungarian, similary the German Alois, English Aloysius. Greetings, Lajos Reich from Buda...

Re: Searching for Szent Marton (hlevezeg??) Posted on: 17 Oct 2002, by Lajos Reich

...He got the fax number of the townhall, and waits your fax (promised, will look at today Reichenbach Alajos - presently did not live there any of them). OK the fax is: +36-72-492-561. You are welcome in the ...

Re: Kiss history - Duna Kility and Mihai, Antal Budapest Posted on: 26 Feb 2003, by  LMihaly

...parents were taken by the nazi's in WWII and were never seen again. My Aunt Viola Erne, and my uncle Alajos, are both still there, along with numerous cousins. Perhaps I will try the Library and also phone...

Re: Berberich info ... Posted on: 11 Dec 2003, by Louis C. Martini

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Baden-Wuerttemberg > General

My great-grandfather, Alajos Martini (1844-1897) was married to Katherine Berberich (1844-1895) in Csene, Hungary. They had 8 children. If anyone has additional information on the Berberich and Martini fam...

Re: BARTL family from Busiasch/Buzias, Hungary circa 1904 Posted on: 13 May 2004, by  KUPAN

Mistakes, mistakes, everybody makes one. The Ellis Island Hinger Magos actually is Alayos, correctly Alajos, which is Alois in Hungarian, as you correctly thought. The Dreyer Database tried to improve on it...

Re: MACEK, BULA & CHMAL from Sajoszentpeter, 1903 Posted on: 18 Nov 2004, by  fritzkoe

...the newborn), though in this case I cannot make sense out of the second incidence of the word "Alajos." It would also be important to check the very last column of the birth record (the column fo...

Re: MACEK, BULA & CHMAL from Sajoszentpeter, 1903 Posted on: 19 Nov 2004, by  fritzkoe

...of alimony could be enforced. Also, a legal guardian for the child had to be appointed. Therefore, Alajos Bula/Bola may have had a guardianship file at some authority, likely the relevant district town wi...

Re: MACEK, BULA & CHMAL from Sajoszentpeter, 1903 Posted on: 17 Nov 2004, by Bob Macek

...Matyas and Frantiska are not married at all. The birth is list on Feb. 2,1895 in Dorogh (by Esztergom) as Alajos illegitimate to Francista Bula Alajos Filia and list her address as No. 83 or 85. I can send a copy...

Re: MACEK, BULA & CHMAL from Sajoszentpeter, 1903 Posted on: 18 Nov 2004, by Bob Macek

...alive in 1895. Depending on where she fell in the order of children. She was aproximately 41 when Louis (Alajos) was born. My father's sisters have told me that she was quite surprized when she was with chi...

Re: MACEK, BULA & CHMAL from Sajoszentpeter, 1903 Posted on: 17 Nov 2004, by  KUPAN

...see, so Frantiska maiden name was Bula, but on the marriage licence is Bola, which is the right one? Alajos is just an other form of Lajos/Louis. I'm not sure what Alajos Filia is, I would like to see the documen...

Re: MACEK, BULA & CHMAL from Sajoszentpeter, 1903 Posted on: 19 Nov 2004, by  KUPAN

Bob, I got all the attachments, looking Alajos Birth -1,2, it's Birth and Christening records: line 18, Date of birth, date of Christening, Alajos, fi.=boy, - I don't know what's this, - this must be married, t&#...

Re: MACEK, BULA & CHMAL from Sajoszentpeter, 1903 Posted on: 17 Nov 2004, by  fritzkoe

From what Bob wrote, it seems to mean that Franciska was the daughter (filia) of Alajos Bula. If that's all what is stated in the record, there is a high indication that the Bula family was living in Dorog...

Re: DOLNI, MIHOLJAC, JUGOSLAVIA Posted on: 23 Dec 2005, by  LajosReich

Great question...... At first would be good to decise: was he Aoys or Louis? There are two Kovács Alajos on the E.I. list:http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/search/matchMore.asp?FNM=ALAJOS&LNM=KOVACS&...

Re: Louis Mate Posted on: 28 Jul 2005, by  fritzkoe

Another Hungarian first name sometimes changed to Louis in the US would be Alajos (which more correctly corresponds to Aloysius, a rare name in English). However, Ellis Island does not show any Alajos Mát&#...

Re: Philadelphia Passenger List Lookup 1903 - Schnelzer Posted on: 23 Apr 2006, by  Robert Jerin

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > United States > General

...Schnelczer, Anton M 32y M Hungaria 0024. Schnelczer, Theresie F 32y M Hungaria 0025. Schnelczer, Alajos M 2y Hungaria 0026. Schnelczer, Karol F 1y 6m S Hungaria 0027. Schnelczer, Feren...

Re: Zaborski, Mike family Posted on: 14 Sep 2006, by Fred Siebenmann

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Galicia

Janet Kozaly sent me this long piece on Zaborszky so I'll put it here for your benefit. As a note, my granmother's father Zsigmund's family names were Zabori-Zaborsky-Munkaci- Chovan, and I am lookin...

per page