Search the Boards

Search Results for "ACKROYD" - 500 Messages

per page

Nolans Liverpool Posted on: 21 Apr 2001, by Carol Ackroyd

Surnames > Nolan

...born abt 1895 and died April 13th 1948. Have you any information that might connect us. Regards Carol Ackroyd

Mad Marquis Posted on: 29 Oct 1998, by Jon Ackroyd

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Anglesey > General

Hi there, anyone else interested in the MAd Marquis of Anglesey? I have a partial sale catalog of his effects detailing only the silver and gold and fancy articles. It runs to 1000s of items. It seems...

Re: Are you related or have links to my Charles & Charlotte Schofield? I'm baffed and at a dead end. Posted on: 04 Nov 2001, by  GailMusgrove1...

Surnames > Walker

Thanks for your reply, could you either pass on my email addr: musgrovepost@aol.com or forward your distant relatives email addr to me. Thanks

Re: Beatrice Astley. England 1800's. Posted on: 14 Jan 2002, by  joan_cocozza

Surnames > Astley

...given. My main research is to find something about the life of Beatrice after her marriage to William Ackroyd in 1831. Look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Joan. .

Beatrice Astley. England 1800's. Posted on: 12 Jan 2002, by  joan_cocozza

Surnames > Astley

...in Blackley, England. Beatrice, the daughter of Matthew & Sarah (nee Bakewell), married William Ackroyd on November 2nd. 1831 in Bolton le Moors, in the county of Lancashire. Any help would be appreciat...

Cuthbert Whalley, b. 1811, Cumbria, England Posted on: 21 Feb 2000, by Doug Whalley

Surnames > Whalley

...Pickering Whalley lived in Bradford, England and later San Francisco and Seattle. Pickering married Emma Ackroyd.

Re: Krueger's in Bozeman Montana Posted on: 05 Feb 2002, by helen larson

Surnames > Krueger

I am interested in your posting.I have a Louise Auguste Krueger b.Apr.24,1886 in my family tree.I am just starting onthis branch of my family.We had some Kruegers in Livingston,Montana too.My GrGrandm...

Re: Sir Thomas More Posted on: 14 Feb 2002, by  jamoore2028

Surnames > More

... There are a number of good books on Sir Thomas, the latest titled The Life of Thomas More by Peter Ackroyd. You can find them in many public and Catholic college libraries . I have a considerable file on ...

Re: Pierre Antoine Bercier 1778-1833 Posted on: 19 Nov 2004, by Janice Ackroyd

Surnames > Bercier

I am pretty sure I have seen that name on numerous occasions. Have you looked in the actualBerthier parish record for his birth record? It would give his parent. The way to do this, if you have not...

Re: Levi Pristley (1841-1909), Bradford, Yorks Posted on: 09 Jul 2004, by  swbennison1

Surnames > Priestley

...dates. My Levi was born 5 Dec 1841 (I have his birth certificate) and was the son on Samuel and Amelia (Ackroyd). His wife Annis was born abt 1851 and died 1885 - a bit of a coincidence that these are the ...

Levi Pristley (1841-1909), Bradford, Yorks Posted on: 25 May 2004, by  swbennison1

Surnames > Priestley

...trying to get more info on Levi and his family. I know his father was Samuel and mother was Amelia Ackroyd. I know he married Annis and had several children. Did he have any siblings? Who were his grandpa...

Re: Yorkshire Whiteleys Posted on: 22 Feb 2002, by  LewHarrisFami...

Surnames > Whiteley

Our ancester is Robert Whiteley of Stainland, near Halifax, Yorkshire, Eng.

BANNISTER marries BRABBS Yorkshire 1800's Posted on: 17 Apr 2003, by  rbrabbs1

Surnames > Bannister

...there spouses were:James m.Mary Bennett;Mary Anne m.John Burkett,Eliz.m.Issac Bannister; Thomas m.Emma Ackroyd;John m.Susannah Mountain;William m.Harriot Ann Brook;Robert unmarried. All replies greatfully a...

Re: Clara Krueger Posted on: 07 Aug 2003, by  jan241965

Surnames > Krueger

I have a Clara Kruger in my family tree--but don't know if she married a White. Do you have dates? My info is as follows : Clara Francis b.1895, I think it was Aug.17.

Grandmother Posted on: 07 Jun 2000, by Eidth Hayes

Surnames > Ackroyd

I am looking for any family members of my grandmother I know she had two sisters Doris and Violet. I do not know if they are sill alive. Who their husbands were not much is known.gramma died 30 years ...

Grandmother Posted on: 07 Jun 2000, by Eidth Hayes

Surnames > Ackroyd

I am looking for any family members of my grandmother I know she had two sisters Doris and Violet. I do not know if they are sill alive. Who their husbands were not much is known.gramma died 30 years ...

ACKROYD and GROVES, Hartlepool Durham > Canada Posted on: 03 Jun 2000, by  JllyGr

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Durham > General

Searching for info on Henry GROVES & Lillian ACKROYD from Hartlepool Durham > Canada KIRK: Grandparents of Lillian ACKROYD HARRISON: Grandparents of Henry GROVES JOLLY+ TUNSTALL marriage ABBOTT+ CATTERMOLE m...

Re: Only English eh? Posted on: 19 Sep 2002, by  Alysn Holroyd...

Surnames > Holroyd

...butcher, direct descendant of Isaac Holroide of Chapel Farm, Barkisland. His daughter Anne married an Ackroyd, also a butcher. John Holroyde's daughter Mary Emma had an illegitimate son Howard - that is h...

Re: Wilfred Mountain m. Margaret Ann Ackroyd, abt 1920, ENG Posted on: 16 Jan 2003, by  patrick_mount...

Surnames > Mountain

Sorry Graham cannot help directly with your query, although our families come from similar areas. If you can email me direct I can send you a full Mountain family history - as far as I have got, seve...

Wilfred Mountain m. margaret Ann Ackroyd, abt 1920, ENG Posted on: 15 Jan 2003, by Graham Mountain

Surnames > Mountain

...information on Wilfred Mountain from Bradford/Bingley/Keighley England area. Married to Margaret Ann Ackroyd approx 1920. Any info would really help.

Lapinsky Family in PA Posted on: 05 Jun 2000, by  mackroyd

Surnames > Lapinsky

...name was Lapinsky. But your name is spelled with an O instead of an A? Hope to hear from you. Carol Ackroyd

Ackroyd Posted on: 11 Jun 2000, by  mackroyd

Surnames > Ackroyd

...brother named Bernard, there is also a Hubert Crossland but I am not sure of their relationship to the Ackroyd family. What other names are in your family line? Hope you find info on your family line. Mike ...

LOST FRIEND Posted on: 14 Jun 2000, by NICK

Surnames > Ackroyd

NICK YOU DIDN'T LEAVE YOUR ADDRESS SO I HOPE YOU GET THIS I'M NOT SURE IF GRAMMA HAD ANY BROTHERS, I ONYL REMEMBER HER TELLING ME ABOUT SISTERS.I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF SHE HAD ANY UNCLESTHAT SEEMS TO BE ...

Ackroyd Posted on: 11 Jun 2000, by Edie

Surnames > Ackroyd

hi Mike; I realy don't have much to go on I guess I had hopes of finding someone that was in the same family Gramma used to talk to me about her sisters alot, but not much about any other members and...

Ackroyd Posted on: 11 Jun 2000, by edie

Surnames > Ackroyd

Mike I wish I could help you as my grandmother was born in England too in 1899 but form everything she did tell me she had no brothers only 2 sisters but there could be something, they could be cousin...

John Ackroyd of England Posted on: 09 Jun 2000, by  mackroyd

Surnames > Ackroyd

Looking for Information on my gfather born May 8 1895 in England possibly the Nottingham area,Parents,Sibblings Etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Russell Hensley Posted on: 24 Jun 2000, by  mackroyd

Surnames > Hensley

...father was Russell Washington Hensley. My mother was Pearlene Hensley b 1927 Damascus, Ar. Regards Mike Ackroyd

Ruth Elvira Petty Posted on: 22 Jun 2000, by Carl D. Stone

Surnames > Petty

To Carol Ackroyd from Alabama. Unfortunately no I don't know what Ruth Elvira's parents were named. I will get back to you. I am currently stationed at Tinker AFB,Oklahoma City, so it should be easy to gathe...

My Texas Petty Ancestry Posted on: 11 Jul 2000, by  mackroyd

Surnames > Petty

...from Texas and his wife was Mary Alabram from Alabama. Does any of this look familiar? Thanks, Carol Ackroyd

Bradford to Barnsley - THACKRAY, ZELLEY & FROST Posted on: 27 Jan 2005, by  brianwz

Surnames > Thackray

...Bradford, nearby at No. 24 was the "Falcons Inn" under the direction of Benjamin & Emma Ackroyd. The Thackray children were Henry & Albert, both born in Bradford. About 1897, Henry Jr. wa...

Re: Peirson surname Posted on: 19 Sep 2003, by Nancy Peirson McWilliams

Surnames > Peirson

...John, George, William, Allan, Robert, Mary, Hannah and Sarah. John the oldest was married to a Sarah Ackroyd and they had two children, Hannah and William. It seems my records indicated that George and Wil...

Peirson - Danby-in-Cleveland Posted on: 19 Sep 2003, by Nancy

Surnames > Peirson

...Their children were John, George, William, Allan, Robert, Mary, Hannah and Sarah. John married Sarah Ackroyd on December 22, 1838 and their children were Hannah and William. They all left for Canada in 184...

wiseman's in ohio Posted on: 27 Apr 2000, by mandy richter

Surnames > Wiseman

...Cliff Wiseman and Mothers name Karen Wiseman(neeAckroyd)?Do you have an uncle by the name of Michael Ackroyd wife name unknown? They have 2 boys names are Mathew James Ackroyd and Wayne Ryan Ackroyd? These two are a littl...

Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 15 May 2001, by Diana Akroyd

Surnames > Aykroyd

I'm interested in knowing a little more about my surname. I think I can remember my grandfather, George Stephan Akroyd saying once that they took the first "y" out of our name at Ellis Islan...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 07 Dec 2001, by Tom Aykroyd

Surnames > Aykroyd

I have a bit of info on the name. It is Anglo Saxon in origin, meaning "clearing in oak forest". "Ayk" meaning oak, and a "royd" being a clearing created to graze anima...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 12 Dec 2001, by Diana Akroyd

Surnames > Aykroyd

...as I can so I can pass it along to my children one day. Perhaps we should hold a US Akroyd, Aykroyd, Ackroyd reunion one of these days! :) Ciao for now, Diana

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 02 Sep 2002, by  jimackroyd1

Surnames > Aykroyd

Hi Tom Check out our web site at www.ackroydfamilyresearch.co.uk for more Ackroyd info.

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 11 Sep 2003, by R. I. Akroyd

Surnames > Aykroyd

Hello, Much of what you have written is confused. Ackroyd is old English meaning a clearing of oaks. Akroyd and its variants is old norse and is confined to those decendants of the family inhabiting the farm...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 17 Dec 2003, by Barry Aykroyd

Surnames > Aykroyd

Interested in finding more about Simeon Aykroyd,he married Martha Chadwick,the wedding took place in Manchester cathedral in 1798.Any info but especially where and when born. Also fascinated by norse ...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 06 Oct 2004, by brendan mcnamara

Surnames > Aykroyd

Hi, I'm a Graduate of Aston Business School and I was looking to make contact with Mr R.I.Akroyd, my Law lecturer from that time. I saw your posting and figured the Halifax reference was a good indica...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 01 Jan 2002, by  aidanpaula35

Surnames > Aykroyd

I live in Akroydon, Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK. Akroydon was founded as an industrial model village by Colonel Edward Akroyd, a local mill owner, born 1810, died 1887. Edward Akroyd traced his ancest...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 22 Feb 2002, by  russraby1

Surnames > Aykroyd

Aiden, My great grandfather, on my mothers side, was Henry Akroyd. I never met him, he died in 1930, years before I was born. My grandfather told me that his father came here from Halifax, England...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 23 Jun 2004, by Tamara Newman

Surnames > Aykroyd

Please can you add as much info as you can to the family pedigree - I'm trying to trace my boyfriends (David Matthew Akroyd's) connection to Colonel Edward Akroyd. The family have always referred to h...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 13 Aug 2004, by  jax_fax

Surnames > Aykroyd

Don't know if this is any help but my Gt Gt Aunt's swore that Colonel Akroyd was their father's half cousin and we took it as gospel. On researching though I can't find any connection to him at all. ...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 05 Dec 2004, by Tamara Newman

Surnames > Aykroyd

jacquie, I live in Akroydon and would love to know the name of the half cousin as this is our repoted link to edward! Joe Speight Akroyd and Lavinia Haley (spouse) are as far back as we can get, Joh...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 13 Aug 2004, by  jax_fax

Surnames > Aykroyd

Me again!! Just emailed my dad, he has some clippings on the Akroyd family. He will look up what he has on Edward, will let you know of the outcome. If you proove a connection I believe a scholarsh...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 17 Sep 2005, by  saramac58

Surnames > Aykroyd

Jacquie, would be interested to know more about that scholarship and if it is the same one mentioned in a book I have. It was established in 1699. Have often wondered if it is still going and just w...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 18 Sep 2005, by jacquie-gibson

Surnames > Aykroyd

The scholarship as far as i know still stands. Edward of course had no children but he did have a nephew called John Edward Champney - so any descendants of his would be elligable. No idea twhat it wo...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 28 Dec 2005, by BARRY AYKROYD

Surnames > Aykroyd

Sarah, I have some information about AYKROYD EXHIBITION, this is the name of the fund you mentioned. I enquired about this approx 6 years ago as my son was about to go to university and I came across ...

Re: Aykroyd, Ackroyd, Akroyd... Posted on: 29 Dec 2005, by Sarah McCray

Surnames > Aykroyd

Thanks, Barry, for looking that up. Was just curious as to whether it was still active. Sarah

per page