Search the Boards

Search Results for "Slovenia" - 15,809 Messages

per page

Zakrajsek from Bloke Posted on: 08 Apr 1999, by Frank Kur

Localities > Eastern Europe > Slovenia > General

...18 miles South of Ljbuljana, Slovenija. Gradisko is located 16 miles South of Ljubljana. Before WWI, Slovenia was part of Austro-Hungarian Empire. (The Kingdom of Serbs,Croats and Slovenes was established o...

Crnomelj Connections Posted on: 12 Mar 1999, by  gradyjn

I would like to contact anyone researching any of the above names - all from the Crnomelj area. I especially would like to contact the person who recently submitted the names: Jerman and Majerle. Th...

interesting list Posted on: 29 Jul 1999, by MBrinovec

...discovered that I may have a cousin named Tatjana Sesek (don't know if she married or maybe died) in Slovenia. Still trying to find out where her parents moved to from Zagrib.Her father was in the army in the...

Cousolle Posted on: 25 Apr 1999, by  eskender

The previous responses are correct about Rieg (Kocevska Reka) being in the region of Kocevje (Gottschee). I think, however, you will have better luck if you also query the name with the spellings Kuso...

Re: Help is searching Posted on: 19 Jul 2004, by  sandiathomas

Mike...I am so sorry I haven't answered this search...My grandfather, if this is the same family ....as I am sure it is...was Mark Vivoda. He came to the US from Austria in 1904. He had a half siste...

Sodja, Ostronic, Clemencich, Nemenich Posted on: 14 Aug 1999, by  Marvine_P

I'm looking for descendants of Mathew Sodja and his wife, Agnes Clemencich of Slovenia. I descend from their son, Jacob Sodja, and his wife, Barbara Ostronic. Jacob and Barbara immigrated to the U.S. around 1...

ISTENIC FAMILY IN SLOVENIA Posted on: 05 Nov 1999, by  BKokal

Looking for relations of John ISTENIC and Mary SUBIC born about 1866 from Slovenia. Known children were Milka, Franciska, Jacob and John. Milka married Peter KOKALJ. When she died he married her sister Franci...

Re: Calumet, MI Families Posted on: 30 Nov 2001, by Edward Damich

My maternal great grandfather was Jure Lovrencic. He was from a village in Croatia called Severin. There are Severinskis there--as you might suspect. Also, Jure worked in Calumet, MI in the latter ...

Riglar/Mazi Posted on: 28 Feb 2001, by Cynndi Mazi

...Marija Riglar b. abt 1865 married to Franc Mazij b. abt 1865 . Lived in Velike Bloke south of Borovnica, Slovenia. I would like information on either family member. Thanks Cynndi

Re: Villages Posted on: 18 Jan 2002, by George Plautz

Does anyone know what the translation for the village of Vralbersberg is? I thought I had it but can't find it. I think it is in Crnomelj Parish.

Re: looking for trkmic or meglic family Posted on: 10 Aug 2006, by  jyousrvp

I am in the USA and my maiden name is Meglic. My father is John Paul Meglic Jr., his father is John Paul Meglic Sr.. I know that my Grandfather was one of 5 sons from John Meglic (sorry that I don't...

Hribar Posted on: 03 Mar 2000, by Mary

You may already know this, but the President of the Slovenian National Benefit Society (SNPJ) is (maybe in his 30s-40s) a HRIBAR. They are Slovenian-American. Don't know any more, but could give you t...

Intihar Posted on: 05 Jun 2001, by  tonyintihar

...My husbands family, I only found them in 1999 and met them for the first time in 2000 We are going to Slovenia again in August so I will try and find some more information out. once again thank you for all yo...

Looking for family members Posted on: 14 Oct 2001, by Timothy Janezich

I live in an America and looking for any family of my grand parents Louis and Rose Janezich. They left Yugoslavia in the early 1900s. Settled in finally in Pueblo, Colorado. Louis was the brother of A...

Kramarsic family tree Posted on: 24 Mar 2002, by  kigor

From years I make a reserch about my family name Kramarsic. If you have any kind of info about one Kramarsic all is very welcome. Any new contact with new info will help me so much to complete more m...

Re: Yernesek surname Posted on: 19 Nov 2002, by  rbjamsek

...The name is pronounced as "Yamshek". The correct spelling is Jamsek. It is a common name in Slovenia. I had a hard time finding the Ellis Island entries. All the records I found were misspelled. It ...

Swetish, Svetich, Cvetic Posted on: 12 Apr 2003, by  gplautz1

Looking for individuals whose parents were from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The family came from Croatia originally but many are intermarried into ethnic Slovenian families.

Re: Capuder, Koncan, Bojt, Urbancic, Svetlic, Maren, Terdina Posted on: 18 Dec 2004, by  JeanBurda35

Franz Terdina married my grandfather, Frank Cepuder's sister in Chicago about 1905. The Cepuder's and some Terdina's are from Glince, Vic, Ljubljana, which is on the road to Trieste. Did your family...

Re: Looking for information of WWII Posted on: 17 Nov 2004, by urska

i have some relatives from kocevje too. i can also help you with your research. let me know. urska

Willard Wisconsin Slovenian Community new web page Posted on: 18 Jun 2005, by Mary

I have created a web page about the Slovenian Community in Willard WI. It is now part of the Wisconsin Library system. http://wvls.lib.wi.us/ClarkCounty/hendren/images/2005/index.htm If you look aro...

Re: PANIJAN, PANJAN, PANIAN, PANYAN, PANYON Posted on: 30 Apr 2006, by George Plautz

While I am aware of a line of Panian or Panijan from Podlog 2 I could not find family that lived around the 1890's. There also was a Panyan family living in Willard, WI. My reference books are in s...

Vojnic, Croatia Posted on: 07 Aug 2003, by  ZBeca

Localities > Central Europe > Austria > Provinces > Upper Austria

Delane, The Shtetlseeker website is locating a Vojnic, Vojnic Sinjski in Croatia, Vojnik in Slovenia and Nova Pazova in Serbia. Croatia or Slovenia is not my expertise but it is Mr. Robert Jerin's so check out his w...

Johanna Vidmar Posted on: 29 Aug 2001, by  joannr42

Localities > Eastern Europe > Yugoslavia > Serbia

married Frank Macerolj before 1880 either in Cleveland, Ohio -- or in Slovenia. She was my great grandmother and we have no other info on her. If you have a Johanna Vidmar in your family lineage, I'd like t...

Re: Skodlar, Boyce Posted on: 19 Sep 2002, by  rjerin26

The listings for SKODLAR found at Ellis Island show them arr from Slovenia, not Serbia. There is one listing for Blaz arr with son Ignatz (Ignatius). http://www.avotaynu.com/ellis.html Robert Jerin

[ [ [ ADMIN REMINDER ] ] ] Message Board Rules Posted on: 23 Jun 2004, by  rel8ively

Hello Fellow Researchers, Just a reminder... The Message Board Rules state that messages should not be posted that are: "Inappropriate for the scope of the board as indicated by the board tit...

per page