Search the Boards

Search Results for "Slovenia" - 15,809 Messages

per page

Rupnik Posted on: 26 Sep 2000, by  cholab

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Lake

My maternal great mother's maiden name was Anna Rupnik. She died in Slovenia in approximately 1899. I have no info to date about her parents or birth. Her first marriage was to Mr. Pivek (Pivk) and her second...

Re: Kambic Posted on: 12 Feb 2004, by Dorothy Anderson

Localities > Eastern Europe > Slovenia > General

I'm sorry I do not have any info on the Filak family, nor do I know of any in my lineage. Good luck. DA

Another Zakrajsek from Bloke Posted on: 09 Apr 1999, by Sherry Zak (Zakrajsek) Morris

My dad RAYMOND FRANK ZAKRAJSEK (Born July 4, 1930 in Cleveland, Ohio)tells me his dad FRANK ZAKRAJSEK came over from Bloke in the early 1900's. I wonder if FRANK is related George Zakrajsek who immigr...

Grahek in 1920 Census Posted on: 01 Apr 1999, by  gorsha1

I have just begun transcribing a census sheet to my website from the 1920 Census for Gilbert, MN which lists a Frank Grahek family. See the link below.

How I am connected to Sesek Posted on: 29 Jul 1999, by Carole

Luka SESEK b. 1885 in Vodice married Maria JENKO on 2/22/1909. Maria was b. Sept. 26, 1888 in Godesic. I am Marija's 5th cousin twice removed on my grandfather's side.(Hafner)

GROšELJ, TUšEK Posted on: 16 Jul 1998, by Dr. Stephen von Hitritz

Looking for information about Anna Grošelj, b. July 16, 1872 in Studeno Parochia (Brunnsee), Slovenia. Looking for general information about Studeno. Anna died November 10, 1905 in Sobrace (Sebrach), Slovenia. A...

Bucsina from Litmanova Posted on: 18 Jun 1999, by Jo Hartman

Anna Buchina from Litmanova, immigrated to Manhattan, N.Y. approx 1912. Married to William Mironick. Parents Athanasius Bucsina and Therezia Ceselka. Anna and William are my mother-in-laws parents. ...

surnames Posted on: 16 Aug 1999, by  christinewold...

Luzer/Luzar from Chgo area; Svec from Chgo area; Stika from Ohio and Chgo area; Kuchar from Ohio area.

harije Posted on: 21 Jan 2001, by Anne Marie Maidich

no relation by my mom Angela Bostjancic (now Maidich) babysat your mother and aunt in Harije

Re: Calumet, MI Families Posted on: 24 Jan 2002, by  CindyWalter22

Ed, My mother-in-law was a Damich and her father was Frank Turkalj - Damich. Was he your uncle? I have some of the names you mention in the family tree for her side of the family and would like to...

mazi Posted on: 09 Mar 2001, by Roman Mazi

I was born in Preserje, a few miles from Borovnica, and since in this area Mazi is the very common surname I assume we are all related. For example my father and mother were both Mazi (before weding) ...

Re: Crnomelj Parish Villages Posted on: 19 Jan 2002, by George Plautz

Does anyone know what the currents names are of: Thurneau Shipek Berderze Is Shipek/Berde/arze the same as Brdarci? Roshanz = Rosanec? Oberzeka Ober Gakner Are these the same as Gornja Paka? Kostizh...

Re: looking for trkmic or meglic family Posted on: 10 Oct 2006, by Joanne Youssef

My maiden name is Meglic. My grandfather was John Paul Meglic, he lived in Pennsylvania. He had a brothers Steve Meglic, Albert Meglic, and I believe there was a Joe Meglic that moved to California....

The Hiti Family Posted on: 12 May 2000, by Donna Snyder

I am looking for information on the Hiti family of Cleveland, Ohio. Parents names were Joseph and Mary Hiti.Children: Louis, Angela, Rose, Annie, John, Joseph, and Marie. Please E-Mail me if you have ...

Re: Reply to Intihar/Adamic Posted on: 30 Jan 2002, by Chris

I am looking for the descendants of Marjeta Intihar and Michael Palcic. Marjeta was born in 1805 and listed in the parish register (status animarium) of 1827 located at Stari Trg pri Lozu. I am guessi...

Re: Looking for family members Posted on: 14 Oct 2001, by Timothy Janezich

Hi! I do not know where my grandparents came from but I do know they left Slovenia seperately because they married in the USA. I think my grandmother lived near Zagreb. My grandfather around there. Please hel...

Zeleznikar family Posted on: 25 Mar 2002, by Judy Zdravje

...lot to figure out who is what to whom...My Zeleznikar family is from Mala Vas pri Grosuple and area in Slovenia now called, Centuria...My cousin, Rudy still lives there with his family. The Zeleznikar/Gruden...

Re: Yernesek surname Posted on: 20 Nov 2002, by Ron Pozin

Are you Austrian or Slovenian? I'm not sure about you but your husband's father born in Maribor, Austria was an Austrian national and an ethnic Slovenian. If born within the last 10 years he'd be a S...

Crnomelj Parish records Posted on: 13 Apr 2003, by  gplautz1

Nolan, I believe you sent me some names for my database from Florida in 1999. I did find some other information regarding those families, I should print out your message and add the information to ...

Re: Capuder, Koncan, Bojt, Urbancic, Svetlic, Maren, Terdina Posted on: 19 Dec 2004, by Mary

The Cepuder family sailed from Boulogne and arrived at Ellis Island July 9, 1903. This record can be found at ellisislandrecords.org Their age upon arrival was: Johanna age 44, Fortunato 43, Leopold...

Re: Looking for information of WWII Posted on: 26 Nov 2004, by  TilmanB

Sophia, it's difficult to find that specific information in English (I believe). There's something in German if you try for instance Google and search for "gottschee flucht weltkrieg cilli"...

Jerasa family in Slovenia Posted on: 21 Jun 2005, by Frank jerasa

...Grandfather and his brother traveled to America in 1905 and settled in Johnstown, Pa. They resided in Zetina, Slovenia prior to leaving Europe. Reords show they traveled to their father J. Jerasa already in...

Re: PANIJAN, PANJAN, PANIAN, PANYAN, PANYON Posted on: 30 Apr 2006, by Gordana Panijan

I know that my great grandfather's name was Jozef, that he married Barbara and that they had five children: Matej, Stefan, Josef (?), Peter (b. 1894) and Maria. My grandfather Peter was the youngest. ...

Re: Kambic Posted on: 11 Feb 2004, by  zilgar11

I am so excited that you have information on Mathias & Marija Filak. My Marija Filak was born at house number 33 . Is it possible for me to get copies of any information you have on this family or...

Zakrajsek from Bloke Posted on: 08 Apr 1999, by Frank Kur

...18 miles South of Ljbuljana, Slovenija. Gradisko is located 16 miles South of Ljubljana. Before WWI, Slovenia was part of Austro-Hungarian Empire. (The Kingdom of Serbs,Croats and Slovenes was established o...

per page