Message Boards > Surnames > Mould
Subject: Matthew Mould family England to New York to Wisconsin
Date: Friday, May 3, 2002
Surnames: Mould, Marriott, Karll, Butts, Gillette, Volz
Hi, I am searching for this Mould Family from England. I need the town in England and a ship if possible, plus of course
any other Moulds that might fit this family. I am also looking for the town in New York. Need Matthew Mould's wifes, Jane's maiden name and Matthew Henry Mould's wifes, Sarah J., maiden name.
According to 1860 Census information they should have immigrated from England around 1850. They had one child,
Mary born in 1848 in England before they came over to New York. While at New York they had 3 more children,
Martha, Matthew and Simmon. They then went to Baraboo, Sauk Co., Wisconsin about 1857. In Baraboo they had
one child, Frederic W. Mould born in 1858.
Name: Matthew MOULD
Birth: 1823 in England
Death: Y unknown where/when?
Marriage 1 Jane b: 1827 in England
1. Mary MOULD b: 1848 in England
2. Martha J. MOULD b: 1851 in New York married James Marriott in Baraboo
3. Matthew Henry MOULD b: Feb 1853 in New York
4. Simmon MOULD b: Jun 1856 in New York
5. Frederic W. MOULD b: 1858 in Wisconsin
The 1860 to 1900 Wisconsin census for Sauk Co. at Baraboo has more family and I have more details on Moulds that are living. The 1860 Census shows M. Mould as an artist from England, and the 1870 shows him as a photographer. He was said to take the first pictures of Baraboo.
Name: Matthew Henry MOULD
Birth: Feb 1853 in New York
Death: Y Unknown where/when?
Father: Matthew MOULD b: 1823 in England
Mother: Jane b: 1827 in England
Marriage 1 Sarah J. b: Oct 1855 in Wisconsin
1. Norma MOULD b: 1874 in Baraboo, Sauk Co., Wisconsin
2. Clara E. MOULD b: Aug 1877 in Baraboo, Sauk Co., Wisconsin
3. Baley MOULD b: 1880 in Baraboo, Sauk Co., Wisconsin
4. Thomas Mathias MOULD b: 5 Oct 1884 in Baraboo, Sauk Co., Wisconsin
Matthew Henry Mould b. 1852 was part of the book firm of
Mould and Buckley. He was president of the First National Bank of Baraboo. He was Baraboo's 10th postmaster from 1885 to 1890.
His son, Thomas Mathias Mould, married a sister of my great grandmother, Olga Karll. Her family is:
Name: Thomas Mathias MOULD
Birth: 5 Oct 1884 in Baraboo, Sauk Co., Wisconsin
Death: 25 Mar 1949 in Fort McCoy, Wisconsin
Father: Matthew Henry MOULD b: Feb 1853 in New York
Mother: Sarah J. b: Oct 1855 in Wisconsin
Marriage 1 Olga A. KARLL b: 20 Feb 1885 in Reedsburg, Sauk Co., Wisconsin
Married: 22 Feb 1905 in Sauk Co., Wisconsin
1. Matthew Karll MOULD b: 8 Dec 1905 in Reedsburg, Sauk Co., Wisconsin married Beatrice Butts then to Indianapolis, IN
2. Thomas Henry "Bud" MOULD b: 6 Sep 1908 in Reedsburg, Sauk Co., Wisconsin married Florence Gillette in Chicago then to Florida.
3. Martha Jane MOULD b: 7 Apr 1915 in Reedsburg, Sauk Co., Wisconsin married Gordon Volz then to Madison, WI
For more details see my Mould entry at RootsWeb WorldConnect Project at:
Also visit my website, Kruse Family from Germany, at: