Message Boards > Surnames > Walker

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/surnames.walker/9072/mb.ashx

Subject: Family Ties - Walker - Jarnigan - Blair - Albright
Author: rlbatty
Date: Monday, June 7, 2004
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker - Jarnigan - Blair - Albright - Powell

This post actually leads to a James W. WALKER who was born in Arkansas. I am looking for a tie between the James BLAIR and Elizabeth POWELL family to the JARNIGAN family. James BLAIR was born March 6, 1761 in Virginia and Elizabeth POWELL was born April 16, 1765 in North Carolina. James and Elizabeth married about 1782 and had children: Mary, Cleveland, Argin, Mahala, Anne, Elizabeth, James, Jane, Powell, Meeky, and George. Meeky BLAIR was born about 1804 in Georgia. Meeky BLAIR married Henry ALBRIGHT, he was born May 16, 1801 in North Carolina. Meeky and George had one daugher that I know of, her name was Amanda C. ALBRIGHT, she was born on May 30, 1838 in Georgia. She married a man named named JARNIGAN (possibly C. T. P. JARNIGAN, he was born about 1812 in Tennessee. JARNIGAN and Amanda had 3 children that I know of, they are: E. Henley JARNIGAN, Lucy P. JARNIGAN, and Julia P. JARNIGAN. Julia JARNIGAN was born September 21, 1862 in Georgia. Julia married a man named James W. WALKER (possibly in Yell, Arkansas) (James W. WALKER was from Tennessee, he was born November 9, 1850). James and Julia were married on January 20, 1880 and had 4 children. I have been searching for my grandfather and great grandfather for years and the only way I believe I can find them is through Julia BLAIR's side of the family. I would appreciate it if ayone with any information on the BLAIR/ALBRIGHT/JARNIGAN/WALKER would reply with any info or place I might find info on these families. Thank you
Darlene