Board:
Message Boards > Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Rheinland Pfalz > Rheinland-Pfalz

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.ceeurope.germany.rheinland.rheinlandpfalz/8561/
mb.ashx

Subject: GEORGE JACOB RUTH and RUTH family of Rheinland-Pfalz
Author: saltbreeze44me
Date: Sunday, November 17, 2013
Classification: Query
Surnames: RUTH

Our George Jacob Ruth married Sept 23, 1788 to Anna Elizabeth Margaretta Geimer in
M├╝nchweiler, Donnersbergkreis, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany.

This information comes through the family and the work of a great aunt who is no longer living. She traveled to Germany while working on our family history. All that remains is a pedigree book. The actual records and stories were not included in her final work.

I am having a tough time trying to confirm her work. I wonder if there is anyone who understands/lives in this region of Germany who can help.

Supposedly GEORGE JACOB never left Germany. He died on Jan 7, 1818 in Dietschweiler, Kusel, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. I would like to know where exactly he was laid to rest.

My guess is our aunt found records in Germany through a church. I am most curious about this GEORGE JACOB. I know of only one child, our Johann Theobald Jordan born to him and Anna Elizabeth Margaretta Geimer Ruth. I would like to know more. I have the name Philip as George's dad. Phillip also died in the same place as George, Dec 6, 1789. I don't know where Phillip is buried either. Maybe there is a local GERMAN RUTH surname researcher or a local researcher who knows this region and has access to cemetery census or church records who can help me?