Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Sussex

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.northam.usa.states.newjersey.counties.sussex/67
37/mb.ashx

Subject: Anne Elizabeth Moore Married to Mark Rorick
Author: CHilton2467
Date: Thursday, April 4, 2019
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rorick, Moore

I'm looking for information on Anne Elizabeth Moore who married Mark Rorick in 1847 in Sussex County, NJ. We have not had any information on her parents. One slight clue appears in a biography of one of her children, my great-grandfather Jacob T. Rorick, which states that, "His grandmother Moore was an aunt of Rev. John Russell, who was a candidate of the prohibition party for president."

Mark died in 1863, and she died a year later, leaving behind minor children, including my great-grandfather. The children seem to have been scattered to different households.

In the 1865 New Jersey census, Jacob and one of his sisters appear to be in the household of Mary Moore (the 1865 state census doesn't list households specifically, but does group household members together). It seems likely that Mary Moore is a relative, but I'm unsure how she is related to Anne and her children.

In addition, one of Mark's sister married a Lewis Moore, and it's unclear how he and Anne might be related.

Any information would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.