Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.northam.canada.ontario.toronto/6032/mb.ashx

Subject: Looking for information on David Edgar Freeman 1945-2012
Author: Ashley DeBaie
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Classification: Query
Surnames:

I am looking for pretty much any kind of information I can find on the late Canadian Playwright David Edgar Freeman. I’ve been looking now for sometime and keep hitting dead ends.

David was my husband’s biological Father which not many actually knew but that’s another story for another day.

What we’d really like to know is who David’s parents were and whether or not David has any siblings.

Here’s what we do know;

David was born on January 7th 1945 in Toronto Ontario.

He had Cerebral Palsy.

He attended the Sunnyview School for the handicapped. It was there where he wrote poetry, and short stories.

He eventually began writing plays such as “Creeps” and “Battering Ram”. Some of which were performed at the Tarragon Theatre in Toronto.

He attended MacMaster University graduating in 1971 with a degree in Political Science.

He was in a common law relationship with a woman named Francine Marleau. They lived together in Montreal Quebec from 1975 until her death in March 2010.

David himself passed away on November 14th 2012.

If anyone out there may know anything especially who has parents were please let me know.