Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > General

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.northam.usa.general/35069.2.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: My mother's dying wish - to find her ancestry! Can you help me?
Author: aurina
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Classification: Query
Surnames:

this is from ancestry, in the indiana democrat county news. i have no way to know if this is your bridget.
15 feb 1894 thursday
at her home in east end, blairsville, mrs bridget mulheren aged abt 90 (would be the right age anyway) interred in the catholic cemetery on thursday
and findagrave has this, so it seems it was the thursday past, making her death date approx 3 feb.
Name: Bridget Mulheren
Death Date: 6 Feb 1894
Cemetery: Saints Simon and Jude Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place: Blairsville, Indiana County, Pennsylvania, USA
try to get bridgets death cert from blairsville, or indiana county.

i am sure u have seen the williams at latrobe cemeterys. wm sr death cert signed by his son, who did not know who his grandfather was. but if wm sr knew, it should be on his marriage records. that may be why his birth place is given as dublin, ireland, his son was guessing, or knew that the family was from there.

clue-indiana democrat paper. 31 jan 1923. in his will, dated aug 19, 1920, michael mcdermott, late of blairsville, bequeths his estate to his cousin, william mulherron, who is appointed executor.

pennsylvania death certificatesName: Michael McDermott died of acute alcoholism, bilateral pneumonia
janitor Race: White Age: 59 Birth Date: abt 1863
Birth Place: Pennsylvania
Death Date: 13 Dec 1922 Death Place: Blairsville, Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
Father: Michael McDermott Mother: Katherine Mulhern both parents born ireland, signed for by john mcdermott

1880 blairsville pa brown street. Michael Mcdermott Age: 14 Birth Year: abt 1866
Birthplace: Pennsylvania
Home in 1880: Blairsville, Indiana, Pennsylvania
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland

Michl. Mcdermott 48 peddlar of small wares
Thomas Mcdermott 16
Michael Mcdermott 14 has consumption (t b)
John Mcdermott 11

i do not know if michael wed katherin mulhern in the usa or ireland, but michael mcdermott placed an ad in the 1870's searching for his brother stating that they were born clonfree, county roscommom. they worked for the railroad, so i assume they may have moved around.