Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > Special > SE Creeks

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.northam.usa.special.secreeks/2978.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: McGillivray Plantation
Author: esleslie
Date: Sunday, December 9, 2007
Classification: Query
Surnames:

Yes, I apologize for answering without thoroughly reading your post - realized after I sent it that you said Tensaw, Little River, etc. I am not a McGillivray descendant but any Creek history research discussion would be remiss if it did not include Alexander McGillivray and his father, Lachlan, and Panton & Leslie. Would you mind listing the sources for Alexander's re-burial information? Although I did find later notes in my old hardcopy file regarding the location of the plantation near Wetumpka, I did not find anything further on Alexander's burial. The last information I had from previous research discussions was that Alexander McGillivray died while on a visit to William Panton's plantation in Pensacola and was buried in Panton's garden there. I did not locate anything in my notes or books or excerpts from books indicating his daughters had him moved and erected a marker at the site. I really am interested in what you have found....thanks! esleslie@bellsouth.net
Evelyn S. Leslie