URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/surnames.bradford/2617/mb.ashx

Subject: Rieper and Steen Family
Author: MargaretBrett38
Date: Saturday, July 21, 2018
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rieper and Steen

Hi
I was interested to see on your site a picture of Christine Dorothea Steen and would be interested to know how you came by this photo. I have the same photo from among my mothers papers. I have just come back from a visit to Holtenau were we stayed at the Hotel Waffenshmiede. The original Inn with this name was burnt down during WW11. There was a Smithy next door and Christine's husband France Henrich Rieper was the Smith. The present owner of the hotel ( who is conected to the Rieper's by marraige) thinks the picture was taken around 1928 and therefore is more likely to be Christine's eldest daughter Josephine who married Joachim Kolz, they ran the Inn. Christine and Franz had 13 children. Following Josephine there was Friedrich Hinrich and their forth son was Ferdinand Wilhelm, my Great Grandfather. I would be really interested to know if you have any further information about this family and if you can put me in touch with anyone who could help me. I had hoped on my visit to Shleswig Holstiene to discover just where the family lived on the north bank of the Kiel Canal. I was not able to track down any census returns or old maps. The first name on my Rieper list is Detlef Rieper born 1687
Hoping you can give me some help or advise.
Margaret Brett. e.mail mgtberbrett@tiscali.co.uk