Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Muskingum

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.northam.usa.states.ohio.counties.muskingum/2320
.2.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Barton Allen LATTA..b. Muskingham Cty. Richhill Township 1812..Parents?
Author: rccarl
Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Classification: Query
Surnames: Latta, Elliott

Dear ML Coombs,
Thank you again for sharing this information. I'm also descended from the mysterious Barton Allen Latta, for whom we've had a few breakthroughs using genetic genealogy. But Barton's wife Jane Elliott's parents (Hugh Elliott and isabel Dougan) remain enigmatic. That is, in addition to your statement in this thread, the same couple are flagged as her parents in Find-a-grave, but I have yet to find a single original source document linking Jane M Elliott (or any of her siblings) to her parents. I'm not saying that such sources do not exist, just that I can't find any, so I was hoping that you could tell us how you know Hugh and Isabel are John Elliott's parents? Is it family oral history, or some other idiosyncratic document (a family bible)? Because I just can't seem to find a death record for Isabel, nor a birth record for John (nor Jane), nor any other standardized record (census, church, etc) available from an online source that links these kids up to Hugh and Isabel.
Fingers tightly crossed that you still might be monitoring this thread.
Respectfully, Chris Carlson