Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Dane

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.northam.usa.states.wisconsin.counties.dane/1635
/mb.ashx

Subject: Norwegian Immigrants from Vinje Telemark
Author: Jinger
Date: Sunday, April 29, 2001
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hustvedt, Stephens, Nestestu, Hovdestad, Bergeland, Stondal, Ramberg, Jamsgard, Corstvet, Kostveit, Tveiten, Nesset, Drotning

I am helping a woman in Vinje with some research for a book and thought I would put down the names of a few people we are looking for in hopes there might be some living relatives still in the Dane county area.

We do not need ancestor information, but information on what happened to these people after they came to the US. I have the information on these people from Gerhard Naeseth books I, II, & III, so don't need that info either.

If any of these Vinje area people sound familiar, please email me.

Bjorn Olson HUSTVEDT, imm 1843, married Ingebjorg Halvorsdatter Hagedalen/Hakedalen. We believe some of their children may have used the name Stephens in the US.

Osmund Aslakson NESTESTOG/NESTESTU, imm 1843, married Ingebor Bjornsdatter HOVDESTAD.

Bjorn Osmundson Nestestog/Nestestu, imm 1843, married Gunhild Olsdatter BERGELAND, dau of Olaf/Ole Torjuson BJORNSTAD & Tone Kittelsdatter SKAALID. We believe some of their children may have used the name Stondall/Stondal in the US.

Eivind/Even RAMBERG, imm 1843

Olav and Knut JAMSGAARD

Halvor and Tollef/Tallev KOSTVEIT/CORSTVET

Neri Osmundson TVEITEN, imm 1845

Olav NESSET, imm abt 1844?

Eivind/Even DROTNING, imm abt 1844?

Most of these people came first to the Koshkonong area of Dane county...some stayed...some moved on to other areas. Need info on their descendants.

Any help you can give us will be wonderful.

Thanks,
Jinger