Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Henry

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.northam.usa.states.illinois.counties.henry/1581
/mb.ashx

Subject: Looking for information on Harvey H. Sexton
Author: nano53w
Date: Monday, July 25, 2005
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sexton, Hamlin, Fox

Harvey H. Sexton was a doctor who practiced in Henry County. His first family was found in Knox County in 1850 census, but he was absent and family tradition has that he went West to the gold fields. He did return, however, and married again (unknown what happened to his first wife, Esther Octavia Hamlin) to Harriet Amanda Fox in 1853 in Rock Island County. I have the information on his children and many of their descendents. However, I cannot find out anything more about Harvey himself. Family tradition also says he came from Pennsylvania and went to medical school in Syracuse, New York. I cannot find any sign of him before his marriage in 1847 in Knox County to Ester Hamlin. I do not know anything about parents or any siblings. I have been unable to find an obituary and his death certificate is not of help in this matter. He died Oct 30, 1885. He and Harriet lived in Woodhull and Alpha. If anyone can assist me, I would greatly appreciate it. Information about him or Ester Hamlin, or really any information, would be appreciated.