Board:
Message Boards > Surnames > Cooke

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/surnames.cooke/1408.2.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: scanned copy of out of print book Many Cookes and their Broth, by Charles Cooke
Author: Marie Beckman
Date: Saturday, November 18, 2017
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cook, Cooke

Donna

Thanks for posting this link to the book. This has been very helpful. My brother's YDNA results have posted this past month and we are in close genetic distance with Shem Cooke Descendants. I have been studying all of them that migrated out of Granville Co NC (I have many of my other lines which were also there) and on to parts of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Arkansas. My group had went to TN however we had been stuck at no proof of who my 2nd Gr Grandfather Wm C Cook's parents were. My sister and I have both tested our autosomal DNA and have some matches to the Rolin Cook who was in West TN area. My brother's closest genetic distance matches(those at zero or one) are from the Shem Cook(d. 1862 Carroll Co GA, a descendant of Rowland Cook(West TN--son of James) and one from the Stephen Cook who I believe was grandson of James thru his son Wm. I don't think it will be too long before I find the connection....certainly not another 27 yrs which is the length of time it has been the big brick-wall for me(since the beginning of my research)

--Marie Cooke Beckman
rmbeckman (at) gmail.com