Message Boards > Surnames > Moon

URL:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/surnames.moon/1190.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: MOON--Cannon Co, TN, to TX
Author: Vivian Pappas
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2002
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moon, Wiliams, Elmore,Totten, Akins, Jones, Potroff, Bryant, Starr

My grandfather was Alexander Samuel Moon, b. 1814 in TN according to my mother's bible. Information I have gotten but not confirmed have eight brothers, sons of Richard (2) Moon and Mary?. Jacob-1780, Simon-1782, RichardIII-1784, James W.-1788, Doctor-1790, Britton-1793, Lewis-1795 and Templeton-1797-1799. As far as I can figure one of these brothers is the father of Alexander Samuel. Britton had a son Alexander but the date is wrong. I have been told my g. grandfather married Sarah Stroud and had numerous children, they moved to MO in 1858 then on to Arkansas. Sarah died and A.S. married my g. grandmother, Malinda Williams. As far as I know they had two sons, Charles and my grandfather John Hall Moon. At some point John moved to Texas where he married my grandmother, Anna Elmore in 1894. They had eleven children and my grandfather disappeared sometime after the last child was born. My grandmother moved to Colorado with her children and as far as I know there was never any contact with my grandfather. I knew nothing about his family other than the names of his parents. It was a surprise when I found there was another family, my generation was not told of this. I have a file on the ancestors of Richard(2) itmust be gedcom because I tried to send it to someone else and she couldn't open it. She said she can't open gedcom. I'm a computer neophyte and a geneology newbie but if I can give you any information I would be glad to.

Sincerely

Vivian Pappas