World Archives Project: Posting How-tos
1. Locate the area where you want to add/clarify information, and click on the Edit link for that section of the article. (You can also click on the Edit tab at the top of the page and scroll through the entire article.)
2. Enter your comments.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Save Changes page button - this will save your edits and bring you back to the main article page.
4. If you would like to preview your edit first click on Show Preview. Remember to also click on Save Changes when you are ready to save.
Adding an image
- Save the image you want to use in the article somewhere on your computer.
- Click on the Upload file link found in the toolbox on the left hand side of the page. Follow the instructions to upload the file. (3rd option down in the toolbox)
- Copy the link to the image - highlight the link then click on Ctrl+C
- Back in the article click on Edit and find the location in the article where you want to add the image.
- Use this “code” to insert the image [[File:copy_the_name_of_the_file_here]]
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save page.
You can refer to this message board thread for instructions on taking a screen shot.
For additional help
Click here or on the Help link in the Navigation index.