World Archives Project: Posting How-tos
From Ancestry.com Wiki
Revision as of 22:49, 9 May 2011 by Annafechter
- 1. Locate the area where you want to add/clarify information, and click on the Edit link for that section of the article. (You can also click on the Edit tab at the top of the page.)
- 2. Enter your comments.
- 3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Save page button - this will save your edits and bring you back to the main article page.
Adding an image
- 1. Save the image you want to use in the article somewhere on your computer.
- 2. Click on the Upload file link found in the toolbox on the left had side of the page. Follow the instructions to upload the file. (3rd option down in the toolbox)
- 3. Copy the link to the image - highlight the link then click on Ctrl+C
- 4. Back in the article click on Edit and find the location in the article where you want to add the image.
- 5. Use this “code” to insert the image File:Copy the name of the file here
- 6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save page.
For additional help
Click [here] or on the Help link in the Navigation index.