World Archives Project: Creating a New Section
Creating a new section
In keying and review modes:
- Key (or review) the information for the first part of the image. New sections are created as needed by each specific project. New sections should be created when information requested in the header changes within the same image.
- Click on the green folder icon, or the F11 key to add a new section.
- Once you have created the new section key the information for the next portion of the image.
You may also create a new section at the cursor position. You will be asked whether you want to move all records, starting with the selected line, into a new section. If you do, click yes. This is especially handy for reviewers.
When you remove a section, the records will not be lost, they will be appended to the previous section instead.
In arbitration mode:
- In the match records phase, Place the cursor where you like the new section to be created.
- Click the arrow next to the Add button, and select new section. A new section will be created for both indexes below the cursor position.