World Archives Project: Active Contributor Benefits
The Ancestry.com World Archives Project gives people everywhere a unique chance to help save the world's historical records — millions that might otherwise be lost. Anyone can participate by accessing record images in our system and entering relevant names, dates and other facts to make the information searchable online.
As part of the Ancestry.com World Archives Project:
- All indexes will remain free to the public on Ancestry.com.
- Ancestry.com will donate copies of record indexes and images from the project to partnering government archives and genealogy societies.
Active contributors have benefits
Who is an active contributor?
Active contributors are participants who index, key and/or arbitrate, 900+ records in a rolling 90 day period.
While all indexes created through the World Archives Project are available to anyone free of charge on Ancestry.com, active contributors have the following benefits:
- Images associated with the indexes are available to active contributors free of charge on Ancestry.com when available.* A full list of the live databases can be accessed on the Dashboard.
- *NOTE: Not all images will be hosted on Ancestry.com. Special projects, such as collections from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, will have the indexes available on Ancestry.com but the images will be available through the Museum. Instructions on how to access the images on special projects will be given with the indexes.
- Active contributors receive a discount on renewal of your annual Ancestry subscription.
10% off an annual U.S., UK or other country specific membership renewal
15% off an annual World Deluxe membership renewal.
To receive the discount you can email our support team, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our Member Services department when it comes time to renew your subscription.
UK 0800 404 9723