Difference between revisions of "The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania"
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Latest revision as of 14:51, 22 July 2010
The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
215 S. Broad St., 7th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107-5325
In 1892 a group of Historical Society of Pennsylvania members formed the adjunct Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, which became a separate body. Beginning in 1895, the society produced Publications of the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, renamed Pennsylvania Genealogical Magazine in 1948. Helen Hutchinson Woodroffe compiled “A Genealogist’s Guide to Pennsylvania Records.” Beginning in volume 31 (1979), it is a listing of the county material in the Historical Society of Pennsylvania’s extensive collection of materials and includes call numbers. This guide is also available with the same title as a separate publication of the society, edited by Marion F. Egge (Philadelphia, 1995). See also J. Carlyle Parker, comp., A User’s Guide to the Manuscript Collection of the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania...Microfilmed by the Genealogical Department of Salt Lake City (Turlock, Calif.: Marietta Publishing Co., 1986).